Linking a Report to Your Home Page
Family Tree Maker Version 3.4 or Later Customers
To link a Family Tree Maker report to your home page, Family Tree Maker
must be running and you must have an open connection to the Internet via
your Web browser. Complete directions are below. Also note that:
- You can link up to five reports to your home page. Your choices
include Outline Descendant Trees, Custom reports, and Genealogy reports
(Register, NGS Quarterly, and Ahnentafel). If you choose a different
report type, the information may not be displayed correctly.
- You can add new reports or remove old reports as often as you like.
Once you have five reports linked to your home page, you will have
to delete an existing report before adding another.
- In addition to five reports, your home page can also have links
- Please keep in mind that the Internet is a public forum. Any information
you provide will be available to anyone who has access to the Internet.
Using Version 8.0 or Later?
With Family Tree Maker open, you can simply navigate to the new
Publishing Center (from the Toolbar, or from the View
menu) for fast, easy access to all of the features described on
To link a report to your home page:
- Start your Family Tree Maker software if it is not already running. If you
are already at FamilyTreeMaker.com, skip to step 3 below.
- Start your Internet service provider. To start it from within Family Tree Maker, click the
Online toolbar button.
- Once you have opened a connection to the Internet, press Alt + Tab to
switch back to Family Tree Maker.
- Open the Family File from which you want to create a report.
- From the View menu in Family Tree Maker, select the view that you want
to use to create your report (either Report, Genealogy Report, or Outline Descendant Tree).
- Using any of the features available on the Contents or
Format menus, select individuals and make formatting choices. We recommend
however, that you focus more on the content of your report than the formatting. Due to the current
limitations of HTML, the format of your report may look very different on the Internet than it does within
Family Tree Maker. Some formatting options available in Family Tree Maker, like colors and borders,
may not transfer to the Internet at all.
- From the Internet menu, select Publish Report on Internet (For Family Tree Maker 4.0 users, this function is on the File menu).
Family Tree Maker uses the Internet connection you established in step 2 above to transfer the report to
the FamilyTreeMaker.com Web site. Family Tree Maker displays a confirmation dialog box when the
transfer is complete.
- When you are finished reading the message, Click OK.
Family Tree Maker returns you to the previous view.