|Last update> July 2000
AS WITH ALL RESEARCH,THERE ARE BOUND TO BE SOME MISTAKES. PLEASE REMEMBER TO ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK EVERY SOURCE FOR ACCURACY AND FOR YOUR OWN PEACE OF MIND! I will always be happy to share my sources and will expect the same in return.
PHILIP TRAVIS b. abt.1785 ( somewhere in VA. according to several TN. census') his parents unknown to me at this time. Philip TRAVIS married Polly RIANS (according to mar. lisc.)
Feb. 1824 in Jefferson Co., TN.
Civil War record for PHILIP TRAVIS' first born child, Wm.H. TRAVIS... states that W.H. TRAVIS was born in May of 1824. I have a marriage lisc. for POLLY & PHILIP showing a date of Feb. 1824....SOOOO, either some of this info is incorrect, OR there was an earlier wife or this POLLY RIANS was with child at the time she and PHILIP TRAVIS married?
1) WILLIAM HENRY TRAVIS,b. May 1824 married 1)Margaret SNYDER-June 26, 1851-Jefferson Co., TN. 2)Liddia POTTER betw.1865 & 1868, Ruthledge,Grainger Co.,TN. Contact me for more info.
2) NANCY JANE TRAVIS, b. abt. 1826. Married Duke CLEVENGER on
September 06, 1844 in Jefferson Co., Tennessee. Had 11 children. Contact me for more info.
3) JOHN TRAVIS, b. 1828? (No info at this time)
4) ELIZABETH TRAVIS, b. 1830, abt. 1853. Court Minutes 1857-
Elizabeth Travis places a Bastardy bond against Dr. Samuel N. TATE of Grainger Co., TN. Both, Elizabeth TRAVIS & BABY died within three months and before the case went to trial.
5) JAMES TRAVIS, b. 1832 m. Mary CORNETT, Aug. 08, 1857.
Contact me for family information on these folks.
Polly (RIANS or RYANS) TRAVIS must have died as PHILP TRAVIS marries SARAH MORRIS, on September 01, 1836 in Jefferson Co., TN. (I descend from these two, via David Tate TRAVIS.)
Children of PHILIP & SARAH (MORRIS) TRAVIS>
1) LEVI TRAVIS, b. 1836 mar. Nancy C. SNYDER (may be sister to Margaret above?), on Nov.21, 1861 in Jefferson CO., TN. Have been unable to find further info except that Nancy’s father may have been John Snyder?
2) EASTERLY TRAVIS, b. 1838--No info found at this time.
3) MARY ANN TRAVIS, b. 1839--No good info found yet. I do have a marriage lic. for a Mary TRAVIS who married an Alza Nay ROACH on June 07, 1854 in Jefferson Co., TN. Nothing else at this time though..
4) JOSEPH TRAVIS, b. 1841 mar. Catherine WELLS, d/o Zebidee WELLS on Jan. 25, 1865 in Jefferson Co,TN. No other info at this time. Zebedee WELLS is buried in the Pleasantview Baptist Church Cemetery, near Talbott, TN. as are several TRAVIS family members.
5) ADALINE TRAVIS, b. 1843 No info found yet.
6) MILTON TRAVIS, b. 1845 mar. Adaline WELLS (most likely..sister to Catherine above)on March 12, 1865 in Jefferson Co., TN. Appears to have owned land in Pike Co., ARK. abt. 1862 or 1890?
7) DAVID TATE TRAVIS, b.1848 mar.Nancy Adaline PIERCE- on Sept.07,1865 in Jefferson Co., TN. Contact me for more information.
8) MARTHA TRAVIS, b. 1847. No other info at this time.
9) DELILAH CATHERINE TRAVIS, b.October 17, 1849 and married MARTIN VANBUREN RAINS on October 10, 1872 in Pike CO., ARK.
Later moved to Clarksville, TX. Contact me for more info.
10) C. TRAVIS, b. 1852. No other info at this time.
Please also see >
|The TRAVIS FAMILY Home Page
Updated October 18, 2000
Debbie (Travis) Blakley
Edit Your Page
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|