Billy G. and Jynelle Byrd Caffey Home PageUpdated September 10, 2005
Jynelle B. Caffey
Edit Your Page
(1) Proof of parentage of William H. DODSON. of early (ca 1820) Bibb and Tuscaloosa Co's., AL. Removed to AR by 1840; removed to Texas by 1860. I believe Isaac DODSON (AL) is the father of William H.DODSON but have only circumstantial evidence.
(2) Parents of Barbara WYMAN, wife of William above. From a grandson's obituary, William WYMAN is given as the father of Barbara. She was born ca 1802 in SC per census records, d.May 1865. Since she named a son, Levi Percy DODSON, I believe she may have a connection to Mary PERCY and William WYMAN m. ca 1788 -- buried in Cox Head Cemetery, Phippsburg, Maine. The Dodson-Wyman family migrated SC>GA>AL>AR>TX.
(3) Parents and siblings of Margaret A. "Maggie" GIPSON/GIBSON born about 1846 in AR (per 1880 census), married Joseph L. DODSON, Sr., after 1870. Family may have lived in Smith, Van Zandt and Wood counties of TX. According to the census, her father was born in TN and her mother in AL. She would be about 3 years of age in the 1850 census and about 13 in the 1860 census. I have not been able to identify her with a family in TX or AR. Perhaps she is listed by her second given name for which only the initial "A" is known or is in a home with a step-father and she is not listed in the census indexes. Any help appreciated.
(4) Parents of Adaline FALKNER/FAULKNER b abt 1823 in AL, married William Wyman DODSON in Hempstead Co., AR, 29 July 1842. Her known siblings are Hiram J. and Sarah C. FALKNER/FAULKNER. Hiram J. married Nancy DODSON, sister of William Wyman DODSON and Sarah C. married Adam LITCHFORD. These families moved from Arkansas to Smith County, Texas ca1853, then to Wood Co. Adaline is said to be of Indian heritage. Father might be Hiram A. Falkner of Ouachita, AR. Does anyone have records on this family?
(5) Descendants of Reubin(various spellings)Ricks or Rix and Racheal Jane Coleman of AL/TX/OK, parents of Mary Frances RICKS, [maternal great-grandmother] m. 4 Oct. 1883, James Rufus Allison son of James Erwin Allison and Elizabeth Jane Apple, Hunt Co., TX, d. 21 Feb 1901, Wood County, TX, Her siblings are: Bettie E. (RICKS) SMITH, ch. Maud and Lillian; Issac C.; Elmira (RICKS)BROWN; Ann Elizabeth m. Jack SMITH; Asbury W.; John M. m. Evalyn __?__(Will Probate records, Kingfisher County, Oklahoma), no children; AND Half-siblings by Sarah Elizabeth Gooch: Thomas J., Robert Lee, and Huston Alexander Ricks or Rix.
I am interested in corresponding with other researchers. Found Ricks Family book by Don Ricks and The Mendenhall Association with lots of data online.
OTHER FAMILY SURNAMES:
MY PATERNAL: BYRD, KING, SAMUELS, PENNYBACKER, DEHAVEN, PAWLING, ROOSA, SOUPLEE, LYCON; TUCKER, GRICE, GRAY, DUNN, TAYLOR, ETC;
MATERNAL: DODSON, GIBSON, FALKNER/FAULKNER, WYMAN, ALLISON/ELLY(I)SON, APPLE, THACKSTON, ETC.
HUSBAND'S PATERNAL: CAFFEY, PIERCEALL, HOOVER, ROBERTSON,BAUMAN, NIGH/NYE,STEPHENSON, CROW, ETC.
HUSBAND'S MATERNAL: BROYLES, BRIDGES, FOWLER, TOWNS, VAUGHT, WHEELER, MOONEY, LEDBETTER, ETC.
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|