The Billy G. and Jynelle Byrd Caffey Home PageUpdated August 5, 2005
Jynelle B. Caffey
130 Jeffrey Circle
Gun Barrel City, TX 75156
Edit Your Page
6 July 2005 UPDATED FAMILY PAGE. .
All family reports have been removed from this site due to policy change made by Ancestry after acquisition of Genealogy dot com. However, if you have a family connection to any of the following people/surnames, feel free to contact me. I enjoy sharing information with other family members.
(1) Proof of parentage of William H. DODSON. of early (ca 1820) Bibb and Tuscaloosa Co's., AL. Removed to AR by 1840; removed to Texas by 1860. I believe Isaac DODSON is the father of William H.DODSON but have only circumstantial evidence.
(2) Parents of Barbara Wyman, wife of William above. From a grandson's obituary, William WYMAN is given as the father of Barbara. She was born ca 1802 in SC per census records, d.May 1865. Since she named a son, Levi Percy DODSON, I believe she may have a connection to Mary PERCY and William WYMAN m. ca 1788 and buried in Cox Head Cemetery, Phippsburg, Maine. The Dodson-Wyman family migrated SC>GA>AL>AR>TX.
(3) Parents and siblings of Margaret A. "Maggie" GIPSON/GIBSON born about 1846 in AR (per census), married Joseph L. DODSON, Sr., about 1870, probably Wood or Van Zandt County, TX. According to census records, her father was born in TN and her mother in AL. She would be about 3-4 years of age in the 1850 census and about 13 in the 1860 census but have not been able to identify her with a family in TX or AR. Perhaps she is liste by her second given name for which only the initial "A" is known.
(4) Parents of Adaline FALKNER/FAULKNER b abt 1823 in AL, married William Wyman DODSON in Hempstead Co., AR, 29 July 1842. Her known siblings are Hiram J. and Sarah C. FALKNER/FAULKNER. Hiram J. married Nancy DODSON, sister of William Wyman DODSON and Sarah C. married Adam LITCHFORD. These families moved from Arkansas to Smith County, Texas ca1853. Adaline is said to be of Indian heritage. Father might be Hiram A. Falkner of Ouachita, AR. Does anyone have reords on this family?
(5) Descendants of Reubin Ricks or Rix and Racheal Jane Coleman of AL/TX/OK, parents of Mary Frances RICKS, [maternal great-grandmother] m. 4 Oct. 1883, James Rufus Allison son of James Erwin Allison and Elizabeth Jane Apple, Hunt Co., TX, d. 21 Feb 1901, Wood County, TX, Her siblings are: Bettie E. (RICKS) SMITH, ch. Maud and Lillian; Issac C.; Elmira (RICKS)BROWN; Ann Elizabeth m. Jack SMITH; Asbury W.; John M. m. Evalyn __?__(Will Probate records, Kingfisher County, Oklahoma), no children; AND Half-siblings by Sarah Elizabeth Gooch: Thomas J., Robert Lee, and Huston Alexander Ricks or Rix.
I am interested in corresponding with other researchers. Found Ricks Family book by Don Ricks and The Mendenhall Association with lots of data online.
A FEW OTHER FAMILY SURNAMES:
MY PATERNAL: BYRD, KING, SAMUELS, PENNYBACKER, DEHAVEN, PAWLING, ROOSA, SOUPLEE, LYCON; TUCKER, GRICE, GRAY, DUNN, TAYLOR, ETC;
MATERNAL: DODSON, GIBSON, FALKNER/FAULKNER, WYMAN, ALLISON/ELLY(I)SON, APPLE, THACKSTON, ETC.
HUSBAND'S PATERNAL: CAFFEY, PIERCEALL, HOOVER, ROBERTSON,BAUMAN, NIGH/NYE,STEPHENSON, CROW, ETC.
HUSBAND'S MATERNAL: BROYLES, BRIDGES, FOWLER, TOWNS, VAUGHT, WHEELER, MOONEY, LEDBETTER, ETC.
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|