|11th Annual Tweed Reunion: Saturday, July 19, 2014
11am - 3pm Covered Dish Luncheon at Noon
Middle Laurel Church of God, Shelton Laurel, NC
The Reunion most years, is the 3rd Saturday in July. For more Information: Call 423-929-7485 (Diana)
"A TWEED FAMILY HISTORY: The History and Descendants of William Tweed of Ireland"
Written by: Diana Smith Chesser. This 594+ page book is now avilable for orders. 30 Additional pages of photographs. For more information please contact: Chesser67@cs.com
William Tweed (c1744-1844) arrived in America from Ireland around 1795. He came to America with his daughter Isabella and son James; the family eventually settling in Western North Carolina.
A Tweed Family History contains hundreds of descendants of William Tweed, family history, court records, Civil War records, documents, and family stories from the Tweed family of Greene County, Tennessee, and Madison County, North Carolina. The book is 670 pages in length and offered in a softbound or hardbound book. Thirty-five pages of photographs are included, some as early as the late 1800's.
"A TWEED FAMILY HISTORY: The History and Descendants of William Tweed of Ireland" Volume 2 - Available July 19, 2014
Written by: Diana Smith Chesser. This 529 page book is now avilable for orders. 80 Additional pages of photographs, not included in Volume 1. Volume 2 contains: Three Generations of William Tweed's descendants; Civil War Time Line for the Tweed brothers; 34 chapters of updated and/or additional family files not included in Vol. 1, and 80 pages of photographs. For more information please contact: Chesser67@cs.com
Descendants of William Tweed
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM TWEED was born Bet. 1744 - 1749 in Ireland,
and died September 08, 1844 in Henderson County, North
Children of WILLIAM TWEED are:
1. JAMES TWEED, b. Abt. 1785, Ireland; d. 1877, Madison
County, North Carolina; married Rachel Neely
2. ISABELLA TWEED, b. Abt. 1796, South Carolina; d. Aft.
September 10, 1850; married Hugh Pinner.
Generation No. 2
1. JAMES TWEED (WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1785 in Ireland,
and died 1877 in Madison County, North Carolina. He
married RACHEL NEELY.
Children of JAMES TWEED and RACHEL NEELY are:
1. NEELY J. TWEED, b. Abt. 1816, North Carolina;
d. April 21, 1862, Flat Lick, Kentucky; married
Lucinda Hensley, February 14, 1837.
2. THOMAS TWEED, b. February 04, 1820, Madison
County, North Carolina; d. April 26, 1863,
Madison County, North Carolina, married Celia
Sams, April 30, 1843
3. ABNER GRAINGER TWEED, b. August 1825, Buncombe
County, North Carolina; d. February 04, 1907,
White Rock, Madison County, North Carolina; married
Jane Pinner, June 20, 1852.
4. JOSHUA TWEED, b. Abt. 1827, North Carolina; d.
November 11, 1864, White Rock, Madison County,
North Carolina; married Suphronia Jane Ponder,
June 1, 1859.
5. JOHN TWEED, b. February 18, 1832, Madison
County, North Carolina; d. January 17, 1913,
Greene County, Tennessee; married (1) Martha
Franklin, c1851, married (2) Mary Potter, March 7,
6. REUBEN TWEED, b. Abt. 1817, Madison County,
North Carolina; d. November 1900; married Caroline
2. ISABELLA TWEED (WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1796 in South Carolina, and died Aft. September 10, 1850. She married HUGH PINNER, son of WILLIAM PINNER.
Children of ISABELLA TWEED and HUGH PINNER are:
1. SALLY PINNER, b. Abt. 1825.
2. LEANDER PINNER, b. Abt. 1827.
3. MARGARET PINNER, b. Abt. 1829; m. SCION B.
4. CHARITY PINNER, b. Abt. 1831.
5. JANE S. PINNER, b. Abt. 1832, North Carolina; d.
1912; married Abner Grainger Tweed, June 20,
William Tweed Family Home Page
Updated July 23, 2014
331 Rockhouse Rd.
Johnson City, TN 37601
Edit Your Page
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|