- Resting Place of Sir Anthony Hinton (120 KB)
St. John Church,Wanborough,Wiltshire,England.
- Robert Eugene Hill (105 KB)
Great grandson of Willie and Gillie Dodd.
- Applewhite Richardson Home (76 KB)
Photo made before some restoration and painting work was performed.
- Samuel Junius Hill (6 KB)
Grandson of Willie and Gillie Dodd.
- Applewhite Richardson Home (70 KB)
A nice shot.
- Corbett Cousins (17 KB)
Swimming hole,Sandersville,Georgia,December 1965.
L-R:Stevie,Patti,Lindsey,Cecil,Mike,and Gary Corbett.
- Applewhite Richardson Home (70 KB)
Another nice shot.
- Earlie Rupert Hocutt (54 KB)
On his farm near Wendell,North Carolina,with his mule.
- The Joel Lane House (65 KB)
Joel Lane married 2 of my aunts,that were daughters of Col. John Hinton Sr.The house was originally a Hinton plantation house.
- Leonidas Corbett and Julia (559 KB)
He was a son of Loderick,and was a circuit-riding preacher
- Joshua Edgar Corbett (24 KB)
- My mother,with her dog Mickey (42 KB)
Barbara Anne Bartels,1941.
- Leonidas Washington Corbett (950 KB)
Circuit-riding preacher,on his horse in this photo,with second wife holding reins
- Edwin Narron (40 KB)
My aunt's father-in-law
- My parents on their wedding day (25 KB)
Leaving my grandparents'house
- Lewis Bartels,Cotton Belt Railroad man (17 KB)
My maternal grandpa
- My parents at a friends' wedding (47 KB)
Edgar Corbett Jr. and Barbara Anne Bartels,circa September,1955
- Sgt. Belzoni Corbett,Sr. (38 KB)
He fought in the trenches in World War I.A descendant of Loderick Corbett.
- J.C.B. Hocutt Farm Bell (19 KB)
Daddy got this from his Aunt Gretchen,and passed it on to me.It is now over 100 years old.I applied the red paint maybe 20 years ago,in hopes of protecting it.
- Lewis Earnest Bartels (49 KB)
My maternal grandfather
- Georgia Belle Atkins at 16 years old (22 KB)
My maternal grandma.
- Gideon Kermit Corbett and Maebelle Narron (76 KB)
He was my grandpa Joshua Edgar Corbett's brother,and worked as a barber at Zebulon,N.C.
- Applewhite Richardson Home (184 KB)
With nice flowers and paintwork.
- A Texas Tarheel (34 KB)
A Dan Wesson,a redneck,and a squirrel.Hint-the squirrel is NOT in the middle!!
- Jeremiah Corbett gravestone (542 KB)
Looks huge in this shot,but it is actually rather small.
- Confederate soldier graves at Lynchburg,VA (580 KB)
Jeremiah's has the plaque on it.
- Another shot of the plaque at Jeremiahs' grave (515 KB)
Some shadow from the left was unavoidable.
- Group Shot of some 9th Texas Infantry reenactors (182 KB)
Co. G men at the Battle of Wilson's Creek,Missouri,in 1999.(an early war impression of the 3rd Arkansas)
- Jeremiah Corbett grave entry (34 KB)
In the register book at The Old City Cemetery,Lynchburg,VA.
- Copy of the letter from the clerk at the hospital (115 KB)
This letter informed my 2nd great grandma that her husband,Jeremiah Corbett,had died.
- My First Harley (34 KB)
A 1975 Sportster.It was a vibrating beast,that would rattle your teeth.Man,I loved it.
- Wilder Cemetery near Raleigh,North Carolina (89 KB)
Markers,from left:Ransom Hinton,wife Elizabeth Wilder,Francis Wilder.Box tombs:Col. Hillory Wilder,wife Esther Avera,son Dr. Hillory Wilder.Across fence:Sarah and husband Gaston H. Wilder.Boulders mark graves of several well-loved slaves.
- Gary Corbett (22 KB)
- Maj. Gaston Henry Wilder (55 KB)
Son of Col. Hillory Madison Wilder and Esther Avera.Paymaster for North Carolina troops in the Mexican War.President of Raleigh & Gaston Railroad.
- Gary Corbett (28 KB)
The Hendrix years.
- Wilder's Grove Plantation (192 KB)
Built by Col. Hillory Madison Wilder and Esther Avera.Unfortunately,it burned in the 20th century.
- Baby Photo (37 KB)
- John William Corbett (155 KB)
Son of Jeremiah Neal Corbett and Willie Jane Brown.
- Ray's Cornfield fight (172 KB)
9th Texas Infantry,Co. G prepares for battle.A shot from "in the ranks".You'll have to imagine the wet feet from walking across a creek,the noise of musketry,the smell of burnt black powder,the noise of artillery shots,and the screams of men,yourself.Powerful stuff.Dixie Forever!!(it is an early war impression of the 3rd Arkansas)
- Red Ball at Eglin AFB,Florida (24 KB)
A1C Gary Corbett talks to F-15 pilot about a radio problem,circa 1982.
- Marceline Creech Corbett (262 KB)
Wife of John William Corbett.
- My 1st Whitetail Buck (416 KB)
Thanksgiving Morning,1999.Deer lease in the Piney Woods region,near Chester,Texas.An 8-pointer.Not huge,but a nice first buck.He's hanging on my den wall.
- A1C Gary Corbett at Eglin AFB,Florida (27 KB)
TDY with the 49th Tactical Fighter Wing,7th Tactical Fighter Squadron,out of Holloman AFB,Alamogordo,New Mexico,circa 1982.
- Aaron Henry Hocutt and Trencie Corbett (347 KB)
Taken March or April,1917.
- Honor Graduate (299 KB)
Air Force tech school in Colorado.
- Boot Camp Photo (23 KB)
AB Gary Corbett,Basic Training,Lackland AFB,Texas,about May of 1981.
- Aaron Henry Hocutt Jr. and Naomi Hocutt (114 KB)
Taken circa 1919.
- William Barttals and Sarah Cumins marriage license (218 KB)
From Union County,Illinois.She was only 17,and had permission from her father to marry.Their son,my grandfather Lewis Earnest Bartels,preferred the more common Bartels spelling over the Barttals spelling,so he just started using the version he liked best,and it has been that way ever since.
- My Cousin Bob Tippett (15 KB)
A fine example of a North Carolina Tarheel.Rejoice,ladies,he's available!!
- J.C.B. Hocutt and Mary Wall (153 KB)
Wedding photo,received from Virginia Creech Johnson.I saw this once before,at a reunion in 2000.Shelby Fowler has the tree stump where Brack somehow managed to embed this image.
- Wall Twins (58 KB)
James Wall on left,John Wall on right
- A Hinton Coat-of-Arms (112 KB)
There are many,and this is a nice example of one.
- Troy and Ethel Wall (110 KB)
With Troy's daughter Thelma,from his first wife.
- My Father with a beautiful girl (40 KB)
Yeah baby,almost as purty as Elmira,but not quite.It's a Confederate Air Force P-51 D Mustang,at the Denton,Texas air show,circa 1988.
- John James Wall and wife Eudene Eason (41 KB)
More North Carolina kinfolks.
- Hocutt cousins (230 KB)
Elton Corbett,Erdene Narron,Cecil Corbett,Gretchen Hocutt Whitley,and Naomi Hocutt in June of 1983.
- Clyde Preston Hocutt and Doris Riley (46 KB)
Clyde was 1st cousins with my grandma,Elmira Hocutt.Because of my bunch descending from Edward Hocutt from more than one way,Clyde was my 1st cousin,once removed,and also my 4th cousin,3 times removed.He was the Chief of Police of Wilson,North Carolina,1939-1945.
- Nina Cornelia Hocutt (56 KB)
Daughter of Clyde and Doris Hocutt.She is my 2nd cousin once removed,and my 5th cousin twice removed.
- Edgar Corbett,Jr. (38 KB)
My father,in the U.S.Army.He was in the 341st Inf Rgt,86th Inf Div.Crossed the Atlantic on the USS Edmund B. Alexander.They distinguished themselves in their 34 days of combat,by taking all their assigned objectives.
- Joshua Edgar Corbett and Elmira Hocutt (32 KB)
Wedding photo of my grandparents
- Julia Corbett Sellers and grandson Hugh Sellers (18 KB)
Descendants of George Washington Corbett and Morning Crocker.
- Benjamin Gideon Corbett and Elizabeth Tippett (51 KB)
My great grandparents
- Joshua Edgar Corbett (28 KB)
- John Calvin Brackenridge Hocutt and Mary Wall (42 KB)
My great grandparents,with daughter Gretchen
- I.B.E.W. Local # 59 Apprenticeship Graduates ,1990 (60 KB)
- Willie Jane Brown (33 KB)
Wife of Jeremiah Neal Corbett.She is my 2nd great grandmother.Photo courtesy of Rocky Godwin.Thanks Rocky!!
- Georgia Belle Atkins and Lewis Earnest Bartels (27 KB)
Wedding photo of my maternal grandparents
- Special plaque at Jeremiah Corbett gravesite (115 KB)
Placed there by his descendants,with love
- Gilly Dodd (437 KB)
My 2nd gr grandma,second wife of the Rev. Henderson Hocutt.Provided by Virginia C. Johnson,one of my Hocutt cousins.
- Lewis Earnest Bartels (34 KB)
My maternal grandfather,a Cotton Belt Railroad man
- Denton Air Show (81 KB)
A beautiful Corsair
- Nellie Hocutt m. Walter O'Neal (136 KB)
She was a daughter of the Rev. Henderson Hocutt and Gilly Dodd.
- Percy Corbett in Brazil,WW 2 (32 KB)
My uncle,to the viewers' right
- Jeff Bolts' Kung Fu Tournament (67 KB)
In Houston,Texas,30 MAY 87
- Nellie Hocutt O'Neal and her children (196 KB)
Nellie is seated.Children,left to right-Clifton,Doris,Ralph,and Nova.Photo made in 1917.
- Albert Noble Sellers and Julia Elizabeth Corbett (107 KB)
She was a daughter of George W. Corbett and Morning Crocker,and a niece of Jeremiah Corbett.
- Grave of Jeremiah Neal Corbett (105 KB)
My 2nd great grandfather.14th North Carolina Infantry Regiment,Co. K.Located in The Old City Cemetery,Confederate Section,Lynchburg,Virginia.
- 5 sisters of William D. Tippett (263 KB)
He was my 2nd gr grandfather,so these are my aunts
- Grave of Col. Hillory Madison Wilder (908 KB)
My 4th great grandfather.Taken in June of 2003.
- Cecil Corbett,WW 2 (36 KB)
My uncle.Had a few half-tracks shot out from under him at the Battle of the Kasserine Pass in North Africa in WW 2.
- Malichi Wall (144 KB)
Not good quality,it's from a photocopy
- Henderson Hocutt grave (718 KB)
The Rev. Henderson Hocutt,wife Gillie Dodd,and one of their daughters.These are a set of my 2nd gr grandparents.
- Gary Corbett and Georgia Bartels (35 KB)
Home on leave in 1981,visiting my grandma in Tyler,Texas.Man,do I miss the old girl.
- Casket in the Lynchburg Cemetery Museum (278 KB)
The remains of my grandpa Jeremiah and 2200 other soldiers of the Army of Northern Virginia await the Resurrection in caskets just like this one.
- Taylor's Mill (66 KB)
It was located at the boundary of Nash and Johnston Co.Flood waters destroyed it.
- Grave of Lewis Bartels (125 KB)
My maternal grandpa.
- Boot Camp color portrait (600 KB)
Gary Corbett,Lackland AFB,San Antonio,Texas,circa May,1981
- Grave of Andrew Jackson Hardy (539 KB)
He was a Private in the 1st North Carolina Cavalry Regiment-the best there ever was.
- Grandma Bartels and son Lewis Bartels Jr. (63 KB)
She was obviously very young.
- Sarah Pitts and George James Atkins (586 KB)
My maternal great grandparents.
- Cummins Family (24 KB)
William Worth Cummins,seated left,wife Margaret Francis Willard,seated right.Daughter,Sarah Ann standing behind him,daughter Mary behind her.Daughter Minnie holding doll,daughter Lula Ann by her.
- Office and museum at Lynchburg (94 KB)
Very interesting place,staffed by helpful folks that are careful caretakers of the memories of our valiant Confederate ancestors.
- Grave of Lewis and Georgia Bartels (62 KB)
In Tyler,Texas.My maternal grandparents.
- Lewis Bartels Jr. (13 KB)
My maternal uncle.
- Lewis Bartels Jr. in WW 2 (12 KB)
My maternal uncle.Survived the Battle of Okinawa,which featured savage kamikaze raids.He died in his 50's.I often thought of him,when I was stationed on Okinawa for 30 months.He was already gone,even then.
- Lewis Bartels Jr. in the Korean War (5 KB)
With wife Virginia Morris.Uncle Lewis had been recalled to active duty.
- Percy Corbett (16 KB)
My uncle.In California in 1945.
- Edgar Corbett,Jr. in the Korean War (41 KB)
My father,on the viewers' right.
- William Edwin Narron and Percy Corbett (41 KB)
January,1958.William on the left and Percy on the right.
- Andrew Jackson Hardy,1st N.C. Cav. Regt. (97 KB)
He was my 4th cousin,4 times removed.
- Elton Corbett at Ft. Bragg,North Carolina (40 KB)
My uncle.Photo made before WW 2.Elton is on the viewers' right.
- Grave of Ransom Dodd (9 KB)
Ransom was a younger brother of my granny Gillie.He was wounded on Day 1 at Gettysburg,while serving with the 47th N.C. Inf. Regt.,Co. A.
- Grave of George W. Corbett and Morning Crocker (26 KB)
George W. Corbitt enlisted 9/10/1862 at Wayne Co NC as a Private,Co.D,1st NC Inf. LDT.Transferred to Co.D,67th NC Inf on 1/18/1864.Source:North Carolina Troops,1861-65,A Roster.George was the younger brother of my 2nd gr grandfather,Jeremiah Corbett.
- Private Rufus D. Wall on Honor Roll (338 KB)
Uncle Rufus was in the 24th North Carolina Infantry Regiment,Co. C.Wounded in the foot at the Battle of Sharpsburg.Men like Rufus Wall are the reason North Carolina folks are called Tarheels.The Yankee troops could not push them back.
- Dr. William Edward Dodd (33 KB)
This cousin was U.S. Ambassador to Germany in the 1930's.He was an outspoken opponent of Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party.He was also the leading authority in his lifetime on the American South,and the author of several books.
- Applewhite Richardson (183 KB)
This is the brother of my 4th gr grandma Cynthia Richardson Hocutt.If you ever saw Gone With The Wind,well,Applewhite is one of those people.He had 3 wives,and 25 children.Also had 17 slaves on the 1850 census.His house still stands,and his grandson lives in it.I believe Clois Richardson got this when he visited our cousin that lives in the house.
- Flying Side Kick (234 KB)
Alamogordo,New Mexico,probably winter of 1982-83.
- Frederick Corbett with wife Angie McRorie (48 KB)
Second couple is Angie's sister Octavia and her husband Sid.
Fred Corbett was in Loderick Corbett's line.
- Beaver Dam Plantation (32 KB)
One of my Hinton family plantation homes.
- Edgar Corbett Jr. in WW 2 (176 KB)
- Fred and Flavel Corbett (43 KB)
Grandsons of Loderick Corbett.
- Midway Plantation (27 KB)
One of my Hinton family plantation homes.
- Edgar Corbett porch photo (109 KB)
Edwin Narron,Edgar Corbett,Pat and Erdene Narron,Snowball,and Dorothea Painter Corbett
- Plaque Honoring the Clayton Yellowjackets (474 KB)
Co. C of the 24th NC Inf Rgt was called The Clayton Yellowjackets.This plaque is on display in Clayton.Everyone named Boykin,Hinton,Hocutt,Richardson,and Wall are kinfolks.
- U.S.S.Kearsarge (25 KB)
My Uncle Lewis Bartels Jr. served on this ship in the Korean War,which dealt death to Communist forces.
- Clay Hill Graveyard (125 KB)
Resting place of some of my Hinton ancestors.
- Hog Killing Day (81 KB)
William Edwin Narron,December,1952
- Simon Brown Homecoming (100 KB)
Part of a painting done by his gr granddaughter,Carol Bickel.Simon lost a leg to a Yankee cannon shot,while serving with the 53rd N.C. Inf. Rgt.
- Bartels Kids (40 KB)
Lewis JR,Ruth,and Sarah.My mothers' siblings.
- Zachariah Hocutt (200 KB)
A family photo.Front Row,L-R:Garland Hocutt,wife Meacy holding infant Lillian,Zachariah Hocutt,Eula,and Susan Edwards Hocutt.Back Row,L-R:Allie,Clifton,Zelma,Nellie,and Belle Hocutt.
- Sarah Parker and Joshua Edgar Corbett (210 KB)
Probably at the store he was running in Middlesex
- Simon Brown marker (92 KB)
Located in the Larkin Brown cemetery,Johnston Co.,N.C.
- Myles Atkins (18 KB)
Maternal great granduncle,my granny's brother.
- Mary Wall Hocutt (126 KB)
My great grandma
- Hugh Sellers in WW II (195 KB)
Descendant of George Washington Corbett.
- The Atkins Family (31 KB)
Family of George James Atkins and Sara Elizabeth Pitts.My granny is one of the little girls,the taller one in the nice dress.
- Gretchen Hocutt Whitley (88 KB)
This is my grandma Elmira Hocutts' sister
- Brack and Mary Hocutt (40 KB)
Standing:Paul,Aaron Henry Hocutt,Snowie Hocutt Corbett.
- Richard Atkins and wife Pearlie (27 KB)
My grandma's brother.He made a lot of money in the oil business.His first wife was a beautiful woman named Cecile.When the Depression came,it wiped him out,and she left him.Richard and Cecile's son Richard was a doctor,and he delivered one of my 1st cousins.
- Hog Killing Day (99 KB)
My uncle,William Edwin Narron,looking right at you.
- Charles Atkins and wife Ada (13 KB)
My grandma's brother.
- Loderick Corbett and Charity Wiggs (379 KB)
He was the first child of James Corbett and Avey Marralin Massengill,and the elder brother of Jeremiah
- Boot Camp,1981 (3 KB)
Another one of me.
- Loderick Alfred Corbett's House (1235 KB)
Recently discovered by his descendants.
- Friendship Free Will Baptist Church (48 KB)
Emit,North Carolina.Resting place of my Corbett grandparents and great grandparents.I think every occupant of the cemetery is family,one way or another.
- Goronwy Owen house (205 KB)
It is still standing.My ancestor was a Virginia tobacco planter,among other things.