- Glass House Mountains (17 KB)
The Glass House Mountains are just a short distance from Australia Zoo.
- Helen & Grace with a Wallaby (18 KB)
The Wallabies and Kangaroos can wander freely with the humans at Australia Zoo. There are some Human Free zones so that they can have a rest.
- Grace & Friends all dressed up (21 KB)
Grace and her friends at her 13th birthday party 5 June 2002.
- The Auckland Team (17 KB)
This was my last visit to Auckland on 24 May 2002 to say farewell to my team. From Left Rear;Me,Lois Burrows,Jo-Anne Greer,Gaylene Kahu,Liz Reid,Sharon Hughes,Front Row Left;Merv Fraser,Sharon Torkler,Melissa Steed,Sian Luckie.
- Ian & Helen on the beach (15 KB)
We stopped briefly at Byron Bay on our way to Coffs Harbour.
- Helen & Grace at The Glass House Mountains (14 KB)
Taken at a lookout on 1 July 2002 from where we could see the coast and Maroochydore where we were staying.
- Grace at The Big Banana (15 KB)
I love bananas, so we had to call in at The Big Banana at Coffs Harbour.
- Ian & Helen at The Glass House Mountains (15 KB)
Taken on 1 July 2002 at The Glass House Mountains, Queensland.
- Grace & smelly friend (21 KB)
Grace met up with her friend at the Porpoise petting pool in Coffs Harbour.
- Ettamogah Pub (18 KB)
The Ettamogah Pub has been part of an Australian cartoon series for many years. This working pub is by the Bruce Highway about one hour north of Brisbane.
- Ian & Grace gone bananas (26 KB)
Learning about bananas at The Big Banana. Pick your bananas from the store shelf as there are too many snakes and other creepy crawlies that like to hide in the blue protective bags!
- Helen & Grace Brisbane (13 KB)
This was taken at sunset from our hotel balcony in Brisbane looking toward Mt Cootha.
- Waterfall (14 KB)
This waterfall is in the Dorrigo national park, NSW, Australia.
- Ian Brisbane (13 KB)
This was taken at sunset from our hotel balcony in Brisbane looking toward Mt Cootha on 3 July 2002.
- Morning Tea with Friends (20 KB)
We relaxed over morning tea at a marina in Nelson Bay with friends, Trish & Tony Cassone and their children Daniel & Hannah.
- Helen & Grace Byron Bay Lighthouse (13 KB)
Grace has her binoculars to watch the migration of whales up the east coast of Australia. Byron Bay is the most easterly point and we saw several pods from this vantage point.
- Sunset Stockton Beach (12 KB)
We had a great afternoon hooning on the huge sanddunes at Stockton beach in a 4WD and tobogganing down the 35 metre dunes.
- Grace at Buddist Temple (18 KB)
This Buddist Temple is at South Bank, Brisbane
- Helen & Grace looking towards Sydney Opera House (12 KB)
We had just finished climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge and took this photo of the Opera house.
- Ian & Helen and the three sisters (20 KB)
The three sisters are a famous landmark of the Blue Mountains which are to the west of Sydney.
- Ian & Helen at Buddist Temple, Brisbane (25 KB)
We visited the Buddist Temple at South Bank, Brisbane on 2 July 2002
- Sydney Thai Restaurant (20 KB)
We met up with our neice Vanessa (left rear) and her partner Larry and their friends Lauren & Stuart at a great Thai restaurant in Sydney.
- Helen & Grace overlooking Brisbane (17 KB)
Unfortunately a dust storm from the previous evening had affected visibility from Mt Cootha.
- Vanessa & Larry (20 KB)
Our neice Vanessa and her partner Larry.
- Sydney from The Gap (20 KB)
The Gap is at the entrance to Sydney Harbour
- Whale (15 KB)
We went Whale watching on 5 July 2002 from a marina just north of Brisbane. We were fortunate to sight several pods, with a few whales swimming under the boat. Unfortunately you have to be quick to catch them on film.
- Helen & Grace at Coogee Beach (16 KB)
On our last day in Sydney we went to a number of beaches. Coogee was one of our favourites.
- Grace's Ice Cream Sundae (18 KB)
At The Big Pineapple in Queensland we ordered this ice cream sundae on a tropical fruit salad base and six different flavours of ice cream.
- Gold Coast at dusk (16 KB)
We sat and watched the sun illuminate the buildings on the coast.
- Ian & Helen at Coogee Beach (13 KB)
Coogee Beach is one of the suburban beaches in Sydney.
- Ian & Grace at The Big Pineapple (15 KB)
We visited The Big Pineapple on 30 June 2002 and loved the cheap fruit from the area
- Ian & Howard Hardy-King (17 KB)
Howard Hardy-King visited New Zealand on his big OE from England during March 2002. Howard is my 2nd cousin once removed.
- Sydney from Vaucluse (20 KB)
Vaucluse is one of the many select suburbs of Sydney with some terrific views of the city and harbour.
- Koala & Baby (23 KB)
This was taken at the small wildlife park at The Big Pineapple
- Helen & Ngaroma (20 KB)
Helen and her Mother Ngaroma overlooking the upper Waimakariri river in June 2002.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge 2 (23 KB)
This photo is taken under 'Blinking Billy' the flashing beacon in the center of the bridge.
- Crocodile (31 KB)
By Crikey! We took this photo of a croc sunning itself at Steve & Teri Irwins Australia Zoo on 1 July 2002
- Ian & Helen at Cave Stream (17 KB)
Cave Stream is in the Southern alps of New Zealand.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge (321 KB)
On 15 July 2002 we climbed the Harbour Bridge and is was a great experience and what about the view!
- Ian at Cave Stream (23 KB)
During June 2002 we spent a day in and around Cave Stream in the Southern Alps.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge1 (623 KB)
Another great view from the bridge.
- Grace ready to party (21 KB)
Grace ready for her 13th birthday fancy dress party.