Family Tree Maker Online
Navigation Bar
Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page

Page 200 of 433

Descendants of Louis Reynaud

913. ELIZABETH ANN8 RENO (GEORGE7, AARON6, JOHN DAVID5, JOHN4, LEWIS3, LOUIS2 REYNAUD, LOUIS1) was born 1832 in Illinois5443. She married SMITH MAY 08 Mar 1855 in Greene County, IL5444. He was born 1824 in Tennessee5445.

Notes for E
She was living at home in Greene County, Illinois, in 1840 and 1850.

Notes for S
      The 1860 Greene County, Illinois, census lists Smith May, 36 b. TN; Betsey, 24 b. IL; Joseph, 6 b. IL; David, 4 b. IL; James 1 b. IL; Alexander May, 14 b. IL; and Margarett May, 12 b. IL.
Children of E
  i.   JOSEPH9 MAY5446, b. 1854, Illinois5446.
  ii.   DAVID MAY5446, b. 1856, Illinois5446.
  iii.   JAMES MAY5446, b. 1859, Illinois5446.

914. LEONARD WARREN8 RENO (JAMES MADISON7, AARON6, JOHN DAVID5, JOHN4, LEWIS3, LOUIS2 REYNAUD, LOUIS1) was born 23 Mar 1830 in Greene Co., IL, and died 20 Jul 1895 in Hot Springs, AR. He married SARAH KNOWLES5447 05 Nov 1868 in Schuyler Co., Illinois5448. She was born 20 Jul 1837 in England, and died 30 Jan 1917 in Hot Springs, AR.

Notes for L
      Leonard was living with his parents in Greene County, Illinois, in 1840. He left Illinois in 1850 with his sister and brother-in-law and is shown on the 1850 Marion County, Missouri, census with them.
      The 1880 Tom Green County, Texas, census (Fort Concho, p. 393C) lists Lenard Reno, 50 b. IL, father b. AL, mother b. MD, druggist; Sarah, wife, 42 b. England, parents b. England, school teacher; Harry, son, 10 b. KS; Charlotte, daughter, 9 b. IL; and Edward, son, 2 b. TX.

Notes for S
      The 1900 Pulaski County, Arkansas, census (3rd Ward, Little Rock, p. 178) lists Sarah Reno, July 1837, 62 b. England; Harry, son, August 1869, 30 b. KS; Blanche, daughter, June 1872, 27 b. IL; Edwin, son, August 1871, 23 b. TX; and Rose Tucker, servant, August 1883, 18 b. AR.
      She was living with her son Harry in Cook County, Illinois, in 1910.
Children of L
  i.   HARRY OTHO9 RENO5449, b. 09 Aug 1869, Kansas5449; d. 11 Sep 1931, Chicago, IL5450; m. LINNIE DANIEL5451, 18 Mar 1893, Jonesboro, AR5451; b. 05 Oct 1872, Tennessee; d. 18 Mar 1928, Cook County, IL.
  Notes for HARRY OTHO RENO:
      His great-grandson Brooks Peters ( says that Harry Reno was a resident of Hot Springs, Arkansas, where he toiled as a bellhop at the Arlington Hotel in the 1880s. He later purchased an interest in a local newspaper. About 1897, he moved to Chicago and worked for the Calumet Baking Powder Co., before founding his own publishing company, H. O. Reno & Co. His magazine, Furniture Age, was the country's leading furniture trade journal for several decades.
      He was living at home in Tom Green County, Texas, in 1880 and in Pulaski County, Arkansas, in 1900.
      The 1910 Cook County, Illinois, census (25th Ward, Chicago, p. 18A) lists Harry Reno, 39 b. KS, married 1 time for 17 years, father b. IL, mother b. England, baking powder salesman; Linda, wife, 36 b. TN, married 1 time for 17 years, had 2 children with 2 living in 1910, parents b. TN; Wendel, son, 15 b. KS; Leonard, son, 12 b. KS; Sarah, mother, 72 b. England, widow, had 4 children with 3 living in 1910; and Blanche, sister, 37 b. IL, single.

  ii.   EDWIN W. RENO5451, b. Aug 1871, Texas.
  Notes for EDWIN W. RENO:
He was living at home in Pulaski County, Arkansas, in 1900.

  iii.   CHARLOTTE BLANCHE RENO, b. Jun 1872, Illinois; d. Aft. 1918; m. RICHARD WILSHIRE RIGHTSELL5451, 19135451.
      Brooks Peters (, descendent of Harry Otto Reno, says that Charlotte Blanche Reno lived in Little Rock, Arkansas, and did not have any children.
      She was living at home in Tom Green County, Texas, in 1880 and in Pulaski County, Arkansas, in 1900.
      She was living with her brother Harry in Cook County, Illinois, in 1910.

  iv.   EDWARD WHIPPLE RENO5452, b. 15 Aug 1877, Eagle Pass, TX5452; d. 07 Mar 1946, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO5452; m. (1) INEZ M. ?5452; d. Mar 1942, Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO; m. (2) JENNIE BRODER, 13 Aug 1917, Leavenworth Co., KS5453.
He was living at home in Tom Green County, Texas, in 1880.

Burial: Memorial Park Cemetery, Jackson Co., MO5454

915. CORNELIA HINTON8 RENO (JAMES MADISON7, AARON6, JOHN DAVID5, JOHN4, LEWIS3, LOUIS2 REYNAUD, LOUIS1) was born 07 Aug 1832 in Greene Co., Illinois5455, and died 14 Aug 1928 in Peoria, IL5455. She married (1) ROBERT HANCE5456. She married (2) JOHN KNOWLES Dec 1857 in Rushville, IL5457. He died 1909 in Rushville, IL5457.

Notes for C
She was living at home in Greene County, Illinois, in 1840.

More About C
Burial: Rushville Cemetery

Notes for R
The following excerpts are from "Major Reno and His Family in Illinois," by Philip L. Alfred, from the Reno file in the Greene County Historical Society, Carrollton, IL.

      "...In August 1848, he (James Reno) leased the Union Hotel to his son-in-law Robert Hance, husband of Cornelia Reno, for a period of one year. In the September 16th issue of the Gazette Hance proudly published a notice announcing 'A New Landlord in Carrollton!. . . Robert Hance. . . has taken the long established and well-known house, the Union Hotel . . . formerly kept by J. Reno.'
      "James Reno also made arrangements with Hance to care for the younger children, Marcus, Leonard, Sophronia, and Henry. They remained at the Union Hotel in Carrollton with their sister and her husband, while their father moved to White Hall, a town ten miles to the north."
      "...On 15 January 1850, Hance was officially appointed by the court to be the legal guardian of "Marcus Reno over fourteen years of age Saphrona Reno and Henry Clinton Reno under fourteen years of age . . . minor heirs of James Reno deceased."
      "...Within a year after being appointed guardian, Robert Hance left Illinois and his minor wards. The children's uncle Alfred Hinton petitioned the court to be granted custody of them. He was appointed legal guardian 8 July 1851."

Notes for J
He was a Baptist minister.
Children of C
  iii.   WILLIAM H. KNOWLES5458, b. 21 Sep 18585458; d. 02 Feb 1921, Randolph Co., GA5458.
  iv.   LIZZIE KNOWLES5459, b. 23 Jul 1865, Illinois5459; d. 15 Mar 1951, Los Angeles County, CA5459; m. ? PATCH5459.

916. MAJOR MARCUS ALBERT8 RENO (JAMES MADISON7, AARON6, JOHN DAVID5, JOHN4, LEWIS3, LOUIS2 REYNAUD, LOUIS1) was born 15 Nov 1834 in Carrollton, Greene County, IL, and died 30 Mar 1889 in Washington, DC of pneumonia. He married (1) MARY HANNAH ROSS 01 Jul 1863 in Pittsburgh, PA, daughter of ROBERT ROSS and MARY HALDEMAN. She was born 16 Nov 18435460, and died 10 Jul 1874 in Harrisburg, PA5460. He married (2) ISABELLA RAY5461 Jan 1884 in Washington, D.C.5461.

Notes for M
      In 1840, he was living with his parents in Greene County, Ill.
      The 1850 Greene County, Illinois, census lists Marcus A. Reno, 15 b. IL, living with James F. Simpson, a physician from Virginia.
      The 1860 Washington Territory census (Garrison Ft. Walla Walla, p. 303) lists Marcus Reno, 25 b. IL, 2nd Lieut. US Army.
      The 1870 Ellis County, Fort Hays, Kansas, census lists Marcus A. Reno, 35 b. IL, Major 7th Cav.; Mary H., 26 b. PA; and Robert R., 6 b. PA.
      The 1880 Washington, D.C., census (p. 207D) lists Marcus A. Reno, widow, 40 b. IL, miner, father b. TN, mother b. OH, living with John Lyon and family.
      The following is from Encyclopedia of Frontier Biography, pages 1206 and 1207:
      "Reno, Marcus Albert, army officer (Nov. 15, 1834-Apr. 1, 1889). B. at Carrollton, Illinois, his middle name was Alfred, wrote Terrell Walton, but Albert according to Heitman and Cullum. He went to West Point and was commissioned a brevet second lieutenant of the 1st Dragoons July 1, 1857, and a second lieutenant June 14, 1858. He did frontier duty in the northwest out of Forts Walla Walla, Washington, and The Dallas, Oregon, until the Civil War, being promoted to first lieutenant, 1st dragoons April 25, 1861 (it became the 1st Cavalry August 3). His Civil War service was with the Army of the Potomac, his record creditable; he ended the war a brevet Brigadier General of Volunteers and brevet colonel in the army with rank of captain. After the war he briefly did frontier duty at Fort Vancouver, Washington, and was acting assistant inspector general of the Department of the Columbia from June 22, 1867, until June 15, 1869. Reno became a major of the 7th Cavalry December 26, 1868, after its fight at the Washita in which of course he had no part. He served at Fort Hays, Kansas, from December 19, 1869, to July 1871 when he was transferred east for a couple of years. Reno commanded the escort for the Northern Boundary Survey from June to October 1873 and again in the summer of 1874. He was stationed at Fort Abraham Lincoln, North Dakota, from October 30, 1875, and accompanied Custer on the Sioux expedition of 1876. His role in the Little Big Horn fight is more controversial perhaps than that of any other indivual. Reno led a large scout from June 10 to 18; Terry wanted the upper reaches of the Tongue and Powder revivers reconoitred before the main command moved farther west, Reno directed not to go so far as the Rosebud River, however. He found no Indians on the Powder or Tonue but, contrary to instructions went into the valley of the Rosebud and found a lodgpole-etched trail "Half a mile wide," indicating a very large number of Indians heading up the river toward a divide between it and the Little Big Horn. Terry, Custer and some others feared that the hostiles might have been Reno along the Rosebud and been warned away, but this proved not the case. Reno heard nothing of Crook's command to the south and west on his scout, which covered 240 miles. Custer sharply criticized him for not following the trail and having fought any Indians he found, but to do so would have been in even greater violation of his orders than penetrating the Rosebud Valley. Terry determined to send Custer, and his subordinate Reno, up the Rosebud, to penetrate the valley of the Little Big Horn where it was supposed the hostiles would be camped. This was done. The 7th Cavalry left June 22 and on the 23rd found the trail reported by Reno. At noon on June 25 the command topped the rise. Reno was assigned to command a battalion of Troops A, G and M. Later he was directed to cross the Little Big Horn and attack an Indian camp. Custer promising that "I will support you." Reno did so, found that he faced more Indians than he needed, endeavored to make a stand but was forced to retreat (a maneuver that became "a disorganized rout") back across the river to "Reno's Hill," some bluffs above the stream. Here he was besieged. He was joined about the time of his arrival by Benteen who had been on a separate mission, and later by the pack train under Mathey and McDougall. The Reno forces suffered 49 killed and 46 wounded before the Indians pulled away later June 26 before Gibbon and Terry arrived in relief. It had been "Reno's first taste of Indian fighting" and while he possessed soldierly qualities he seemed to "lack the ability to make decisions under fire (and to) have been totally lacking in the capability to command." Reno was criticized in some quarters for not charging the village instead of making a futile stand before it, for his precipitous withdrawal from the valley and for his conduct on Reno Hill, a subject of controversy for more than a century. It has been alleged that he was "cowardly in the extreme," drunk during the action, that on occasion he was in a panic according to some accounts, that he failed to go to Custer's relief or attempt to do so, and was accused of other failings, each rebutted in testimony as reliable as that by which they were leveled. The literature is voluminous and here is not the place to go into the matters raised. Reno commanded the 7th Cavalry or what was left of it from June 26 to October 18, 1876. The unfortunate officer shortly became the victim of something of a vendetta. In March and April 1877 he was court martialed at St. Paul, Minnesota, on flimsy charges that he had made improper advances to the wife of Captain James M. Bell of the 7th; she had "a rther unsavory reputation" and had been involved in affair at other stations; she had been the aggressor, it was charged, was miffed when Reno rejected her advances, and the charges then were brought. The court found Reno guilty of conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman, recommended that he be dismissed but President Hayes reduced the sentence to suspension without pay for two years. Immediately 7th Cavalry officers McDougall, Moylan, DeRudio and Bell charged Reno had struck a junior officer and been drunk on duty, but Sturgis and Terry disagreed and so informed the Secretary of War wh ordered the charges dropped. In 1879 becaust of continuing criticism over his role in the Little Big Horn action, Reno requested an official inquiry. The court, which some regarded as "a bit of a whitewash," found nothing improper in his performance. Fresh charges were leveled against Reno in 1880; striking a junior officer, being a 'Peeping Tom,' and being drunk at Fort Meade, Dakota. None presented a clear cut case, all were minor, but he was found guilty, dismissed from the army April 1, 1880, for "conduct to the prejudice of good order and military discipline" over the protests of Terry and Sherman, while even the court board had urged clemency. Reno tried vigorously to have his name cleared during the remainder of his life, but to no avail. He died of cancer at Providence Hospital and was buried in an unmarked grave at Glenwood Cemetery, Washington, D.C. In the mid-1960s a relative asked the army to re-examine the charges and the fatal court martial. The findings were studied and the conclusion drawn that evidence had not supported the charges, that Reno had been improperly dismissed. The 19th century charges were dismissed and he was restored to rank. In 1967 his remains were exhumed and reburied at Custer Battlefield National Cemetery, Montana with full military honors."
      The following is from the Illinois State Register newspaper, dated Saturday, September 9, 1967, and headlined from Custer Battlefield, Mont.:
      "Maj. Marcus Reno, one of the Army's more famous losers, was reburied today with prideful pomp and circumstance in a hero's grave on the scene of Custer's last stand.
      "The ceremonies created a new place in history for Reno, who was a central figure in the massacre of George Armstrong Custer and 260 troopers of the 7th U.S. Cavalry at the battle of the Little Big Horn.
      "The reburial was conducted by the Montana American legion under the direction of a former adjutant, Chester Shore, who cleared the way for the ceremony by persuading the Army to rescind Reno's dishonorable discharge of 1880 this year and give him an honorable one.
      ".....He had been buried in a pauper's grave in Washington, D.C. since his death in 1889."     
      The following excerpts are from "Major Reno and His Family in Illinois," by Philip L. Alfield, copied from the Reno file in the Greene County Historical Society, Carrollton, Illinois.
      "James Reno also made arrangements with Hance to care for the younger children, Marcus, Leonard, Sophronia, and Henry. They remained at the Union Hotel in Carrollton with their sister and her husband, while their father moved to White Hall, a town ten miles to the north."
      "...Marcus Reno and his younger brother and sister remained with Robert Hance, following the death of their father. On 15 January 1850, Hance was officially appointed by the court to be the legal guardian of 'Marcus Reno over fourteen years of age Saphrona Reno and Henry Clinton Reno under fourteen years of age . . . minor heirs of James Reno deceased.'
      "Actually Marcus Reno did not live with Hance at this time. Rather he worked as a clerk for Dr. F. Simpson, his father's former business partner, and was listed as a member of the Simpson household in the 1850 Federal Census.
      "Within a year after being appointed guardian, Robert Hance left Illinois and his minor wards. The children's uncle Alfred Hinton petitioned the court to be granted custody of them. He was appointed legal guardian 8 July 1851. Marcus Reno, however, left for West Point about this time, and it is doubtful whether he lived with Hinton for any length of time."
      On p. 691 of R.A., Enlisted Men, Loyalty, we find the following:
      "RENO, Marcus Albert. Union officer. 1835-89, Ill. USMA 1857 (20/38); Dragoons-Cav. 1st Lt. 1st US Dragoons 25 Apr. '61; 1st Cav. 3 Aug. '61; Capt. 12 Nov. '61; Col. 12th Pa. Cav. 1 Jan.-20 July '65; mustered out of USV and continued in R.A. until dismissal in 1880 while holding rank of Maj. W.I.A. Kelly's Ford (Va.) 17 Mar. '63. Assistant instructor of tactics at USMA in the fall of 1865 and head of New Orleans Freedman's Bureau, 1865-66. He served in the West, and in 1876 was the subject of a court of inquiry about Custer's Sioux campaign. His dismissal was for "other causes" (Cullum)."
      He has probably had more written about him than the rest of the Reno/Reneau family put together. For years the name Major Reno was synonymous with cowardice in Custer's Last Stand. However, as history has been sifted and facts have been uncovered, the majority opinion is that he was not a coward at all but a courageous solid soldier on whom public opinion first lad the blame in trying to find a goat for the Custer debacle. The book, Faint the Trumpet Sounds, by Terrell and Walton tells of Reno and his role in the Battle of Little Big Horn. There was some evidence that he turned to drink as a result of all of the accusations and slights he had received.
      He was in the Army in Montana Territory when his wife, Mary Hannah, died suddenly; she was with her parents. He could not get leave immediately and did not get home for nearly two months. She had died without a will and her large estate was put in trust for their son, Ross, when he was 21. Mary's sister, Roberta "Bertie" and her husband Wilson were taking care of Ross.
      He married a second time to Isabella Ray, a government clerk in Washington. After a few months they separated but never divorced. At this point he was virtually a pauper as he had spent his savings in his fight for reinstatement in the Army.
      The following letter in the form of a petition was signed by 235 surviving members of the Seventh Cavalry just after the battle, in which they said that the "bravery, coolness and decison" by Major Reno saved their lives and recommended that Major Reno be promoted to Lieut. Colonel:

"Camp near Big Horn, on Yellowstone River, July 4th 1876.
"To His Excellency,
The President,
And the Honorable Representatives of the United States.

      We, the enlisted men, the survivors of the battle on the heights of the Little Big Horn, on the 25th and 26th of June 1876, of the Seventh Regiment of Cavalry who subscribe our names to his petition, most earnestly solicit the president and representatives of our country, that the vacancies among the commissioned officers of our regiment, made by the slaughter of our brave, heroic, now lamented, Lieut. Col. Geo. A. Custer, and the other noble dead commissioned officers of our regiment who fell close to him on that bloody field, daring the savage demons to the last, be filled by the officers of the regiment only. That Major M. A. Reno be our lieutenant-colonel, vice Custer killed; Capt. F. Benteen our major, vice Reno promoted. The other vacancies to be filled by officers of the regiment by seniority. Your petitioners know this is contrary to the established rule of promotion, but prayerfully solicit a deviation from the usual rule in this case, as it will be conferring a bravely-fought-for and a justly-merited promotion on officers, who by their bravery, coolness and decision on the 25th and 26th of June 1876, saved the lives of every man now living of the Seventh Cavalry who participated in the battle, one of the most bloody on record, and one that would be ended with the loss of life of every officer and enlisted man on the field, ONLY FOR THE POSITION TAKEN BY MAJOR RENO, which we held with bitter tenacity against fearful odds, to the last.
      To support this assertion--had our position been taken one hundred yards back from the brink of the heights over-looking the river, we would have been entirely cut off from water; and from behind these heights, the Indian demons would have swarmed in hundreds, picking off our men by detail, and before mid-day, June 26, not an officer or enlisted man of our regiment would have been left to tell our dreadful fate, as we would then have been completely surrounded. With the prayerful hope that our petition be granted, we have the honor to forward it through our commanding officer. Yours respectfully."

More About M
Burial: Glenwood Cemetery in Washington; reinterred in Custer Battlefield National Cemetery in Montana

More About M
Burial: Old Harrisburg Cemetery in Harrisburg, Dauphin Co., PA5462
Child of M
  i.   ROBERT ROSS9 RENO, b. May 1864, Harrisburg, PA; d. Aft. Aug 1898, Probably Alaska5463; m. ITTIE MARIA KINNEY, 20 May 1885, Nashville (Davidson County), TN5464; b. 17 May 1859, Nashville, TN5465; d. 04 Jun 1941, Louisville, KY5466.
Robert Ross was living with his parents in Fort Hays, Kansas, in 1870. When his father died in 1889, his address was Cleveland, TN.
      [Source:] "Only child of Major Marcus a Reno (Battle of the Little Big Horn fame) and Mary Hannah Ross Reno. He is believed to have died in Alaska during the 1898-99 Gold Rush there. Raised by his mother's family in Harrisburg, PA, during the many absences of his father, Ross determined not to enter the Army as his father had. Ross married Ittie Kinney on 20 May 1885 in Nashville, Tenn, and joined the firm of Kinney, McLaughlin & Co. (whisky wholesalers). By 1888, the firm was in financial trouble and Ross sold his parent's inheritance for $27,000 which he lent to the firm to keep it solvent. The firm went bankrupt anyway, in 1891. In 1893, Ross became a travelling salesman for the Kinney Distilling Company of Nashville, Tenn. Ross becme addicted to gambling and drunkenness, and remained away from his home in Nashville for many months at a time. In Octover 1893, Ross went to Buffalo, NY to work for the C.W.Frankel Company, under the assumed name of John R. Cameron. In October 1897 he announced to Ittie his move from Atlanta, GA to Seattle, Washington. In August 1898, he sent a telegraph to Ittie, telling her to divorce him, and that he was going to Alaska (for the gold rush); he added that if she did not hear from him in a year, she could assume he was dead. Ittie divorced him on 22 June 1899; they had no children. He was never heard from again. Burial: Body lost or destroyed. Specifically: nome, Alaska."

      Ittie's family had been in the liquor business in Nashville, Tennessee, for many years. Their wedding was a big social event in Nashville. It has been said that the guest list read like a Who's Who in Nashville. Robert's father did not attend the wedding--he did not have the money for the trip. They were living with her father at 605 Capital Square South in Nashville, Tenn., until 1894.
      In 1898 Robert was in St. Louis, MO, as a salesman for Valley Liquor Company and was living at 1012 N. Compton Avenue.
      Ittie was living with her father, George S. Kinney, in Nashville (Davidson County), Tennessee, in 1900.
      Ittie was the author of Miss Breckenridge in 1890 and An Exceptional Case in 1891.
      In 1906 Ittie was listed as a journalist in the Nashville, Tennessee, city directory and was living at The Polk.
      On the 1910 Davidson County, TN census (7th Ward, Nashville) she was living with her brother William. She was age 51 and a widow.
      In 1913-1915 she said she was the widow of Robert R. Reno and she was living at 322 21st Ave. N. in Nashville, Tennessee.
      In a letter from Shirley M. Dal Pozzo of Staunton, Illinois, to Sue Damewood, dated May 6, 1992, she says: "According to an article in the book: Nashville, 1900 to 1910; William Waller editor, page 153, it states:
      " 'Town Topics was a New York periodical which had correspondents in the major cities. The Nashville correspondent for a least a part of the decade was thought to be Mrs. Ittie Kinney Reno, society editor of the Daily News until that paper ceased publication.
      "Then the footnote reads: Mrs. Reno, who was separated from her husband, Robert Ross Reno, was the daughter of George S. and Elizabeth McLaughlin Kinney ...etc."
      The 1930 Davidson County (Nashville), Tennessee, census (Nashville, ED20, p. 10B) lists Ittie K. Reno, 71 b. TN, divorced, parents b. TN, living alone.
      The 1930 Nashville, Tennessee, city directory lists Mrs. Ittie K. Reno living at 225 7th Ave. N, Apt. 40.
      In 1931 she is listed as a caterer and living at the Hotel Tulane. In 1935 she was still living at the Tulane Hotel. She disappeared from the Nashville City Directories after 1935.
      [Source:] "Wife of Robert Ross Reno, the only son of Major Marcus A. Reno of the Battle of Little Big Horn fame. Her father was Colonel George S. Kinney, CSA. An 1876 graduate of the Nazareth Academy for Girls, Nazareth, Kentucky, she became the author of two novels, "Miss Breckinridge, Daughter of Dixie" (Lippincott, Philadelphia, 1889) and "An Exceptional Case" (Lippincott, Philadelpia, 1891). She was also a member of the United Daughters of the Confederacy. She was an accomplished bridge player, and liked good food, dancing and singing. She was considered a beautiful woman, with a sparkling personality and a quick wit. She constantly read and wrote, and was a public speaker on several occasions. In the early 1890s, she attempted unsuccessfully to clear the name of her deceased Father-in-Law. In 1939 she was the keynote speaker at the 100th Anniversary of the Beersheba Springs Hotel,Tennessee, where she spent a lot of her time. She married Robert Ross Reno on May 20, 1878, and in later years she and Ross began to drift apart. By 1893 they were living separately, and they divorced on 22 June 1899. They had no children. In later life, she took an interest in communication with dead spirits. Cause of death: Coronary Thrombosis. Burial: Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, USA"

Burial: Cave Hill Cemetery in Louisville5467

Page 200 of 433

Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page

Home | Help | About Us | | | Site Index | Terms of Service | PRIVACY
© 2009