Building family trees for Evans,Waggoner,Pope,Maddox, located in Georgia from 1795.
I am a descendant of Sidney Waggoner, Thomas Alexander, John Hewell Pope and Benjamin Dunn and doing research into these family lines.
1. Sidney J. Waggoner,b. Dec 10, 1838(2nd gr.g on father's paternal side).
2. Thomas Alexander, b.June 20,1820 Manchester England; married Janie Irwin, b. 1831 in New York City (2nd gr.g on father's maternal side).
3. John Hewell Pope, b. Sept 13, 1818 in N.C.; married Emily E. Crowe, b. March 13,1821 daughter of Abner and Annis Crowe (2nd gr. g on mother's paternal side).
4.Benjamin Hiram Dunn, b. Feb 1 1871 in Ga.; married Mary M. Milam, b. Dec 2, 1867 daughter of Riley and Mary Milam (gr.g on mother's maternal side).
I have very little information on the Waggoner side of the tree. I would appreciate any information that could be shared with me and will be glad to share any information I have on any of my families. Will add trees later.
Also, doing research on my husband, Bill Evans, family trees. His family has lived in south Georgia for many generations. Some branches we can trace back 10 or 12 generations and some we have little information on.
His family tree contains Evans, McCall, Reagin, Lanier, Maddox and McDonald.
1. Ruel Evans of Screven Co., Ga. through Hezekiah Evans,b.Jan 16,1796, m. 1819 Sarah Moore, b Dec.7,1793, daughter of John Moore and Marcia McCall, on his fathers paternal side.
2. William Lee Reagin, b.October 7,1870, son of Harrison Tyler Reagin and Delilah Daughtery, m. 1895 Josephine Deal, b.January 22,1870, daughter of Joseph Stephen Deal and Susan Potts, on his fathers maternal side.
3. Willie Hubert Maddox, b. Feb 28, 1891, son of C. Mitledge
Maddox and Sallie Garrett on his mothers paternal side.
4. Emma McDonald, wife of Willie Maddox, b. 1889, daughter of
Fairest Carter McDonald and Mary Ann Walker on his mothers paternal side.
Some of the names in his tree are Charles McCall, Francis
McCall, Rev. Robert Williams, Lewis Lanier, Sampson Lanier,
Elizabeth washington, Marcellus Deal Mary Ann Awtry and Samuel
As I stated some branches are filling out and others are very
bare. We would like to here from anyone familiar with these
names. Also, would appreciate any information or help and would
be willing to share information.
****Stay tuned...will be adding trees soon*****