IMPORTANT MATTERS ARISING FROM FAMILY MEETING OF SATURDAY, JANUARY 8 2005
We thank God for His mercies that have preserved us to witness another year. Our prayer is that 2005 will open doors of prosperity, good health, divine protection and increase in the things of God for each of us and for our entire family, Amen.
At our Family Meeting in Shagamu on January 8 we agreed to take a number of steps that will help us actualize our collective dreams of a Family that is united in love and purpose, supportive of one another and a family that encourages members to attain their full potentials. This email is intended to provide a timely reminder of some prime action items generated at the meeting which require urgent pursuit.
FINANCE – The meeting agreed that good funding is crucial to the overall success of our programs. The consensus opinion was that we need to re-work our fund mobilization strategies. Suggestions were taken from members and the following decisions were taken:
• For reasons of convenience, contributions to the family purse will now be spread out as monthly payments. It was agreed that this will be less burdensome than annual bulk payment. However, those who find annual or quarterly payments convenient may still choose to do so. Their records will however continue to reflect in monthly payment format.
• All adult family members and spouses in Nigeria will pay 200 Naira per month per head. Those in the U.K. will pay 5 Pounds /month, those in Europe will pay 5 Euros/month and those in the U.S. and Canada will pay 10 U.S. Dollars/month. These are minimum contributions and members are encouraged to cheerfully and willingly give far above these.
• The above is in addition to the 100 Naira per head per annum (payable at the January meeting) for all registered members of the family regardless of age.
• Zonal Facilitators were appointed at the meeting with responsibilities for mobilizing the payments. They are:
1. Shagamu Zone – Mr. Tunde Adelaja, Matron Alice Fagade, Mr. Olusola Fagade
2. Lagos Zone – Mrs. Oluremi Alabi, Mr. Femi Fagade and Mr. Dotun Fagade
3. Ibadan/Ife Zone – Mrs. Titi Fagade (Mama Mayowa), Dr. Segun Fagade
4. Warri/Port-Harcourt – Mr. Niyi Fagade
5. U.K./Europe/U.S.A/Canada – Mrs. Tilewa Fagade (Manchester)
• Facilitators will issue receipts for all payments received and every eligible adult will be given a payment card to keep for personal record. This will enhance easy reconciliation of payments made.
CAREER GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING DAY -
The need for our young people to be properly guided in career and other life choices was discussed. It was agreed that a day be set aside for this purpose. Saturday April 9 (or April 16) 2005 was agreed as likely day for this event depending on school examination calendar. The final date will be widely communicated to all as soon as clarified. Please prepare to attend with your young ones (from Age 11 – 24). It is envisaged that this will be an annual event for our young family members. Let us all pray for the success of this event.
Thank you and God bless,
Dr. O. A. (Buky) Fagade