My Native American Ancestors
Powhatan was chief of the Algonquian Indian Tribe. His tribe was located in the region between the James and York Rivers in Eastern Virginia. He had several wives and many children. However, he had a favorite child, a daughter named Pocahontas.
Pocahontas2 was the daughter of Chief Powhatan and Wahunsonacook.1 Princess Pocahontas married John Rolfe and they had one child, Thomas Rolfe.3 Thomas married Jane Poythress. They had one child, a daughter named Jane Rolfe.4 Jane was born abt 1655; married Col. Robert Bolling in 1675. Jane and Col. Bolling had a son, John Bolling.5 John was born about 1676 and married Mary Kennon. John and Mary had six children:
John Bolling 6 born 1700; married Elizabeth Blair-Lewis in 1728.
Jane Bolling married Col. Richard Randolph.
Mary Bolling married Col. John Flemming.
Elizabeth Bolling married Dr. William Gray.
Martha Bolling married Thomas Eldridge.
Ann Bolling married James Murray.
John Bolling6 was born 1700, married Elizabeth Blair-Lewis in 1728. They had eighteen children, including two sets of twins:
1. Meotaka Bolling born 1729, married James Sullivan.
2. Archibald Bolling born 1730, died in infancy.
3. Twin-William Bolling born 1731, married Amalia Randolph.
4. Twin-Elizabeth Bolling born 1731.
5. Jarrett Bolling born 1732, married Nancy Watts.
6. Martha Bolling born 1733.
7. Twin-Daratha Bolling born 1734.
8. Twin-Benjamin Bolling7 born 1734; married 1st Mary "Patsy" Phelps, 2nd Charity Larrimore.
9. Thomas Bolling born 1735, married Elizabeth Gay.
10. John Bolling born 1737, married Mary Jefferson.
11. Robert Bolling born 1738, married Mary Burton.
12. Jane Bolling born 1740, married William Hopkins.
13. Rodney Bolling born 1742, married Elizabeth Anderson.
14. Mary Bolling born 1744, married Richard Bland.
15. Sarah Bolling born 1748, married John Tazewell.
16. Anne Bolling born 1752, married William Dandridge.
17. James Bolling born 1756.
18. Jesse Bolling born 1757, eight months after his father's death.
Rodney Bowlin Born Sept 1742 Married Elizabeth Anderson
Jarrod (Jaroed) Bowlin born 15 July 1765 married Anne Roane born 10 Oct 1767
Rodney Bowlin born 8 June 1784 married 19 Nov 1807 Tricy Harris born 10 June 1791
Susan Bowlin born 27 Feb 1826 Smith Co Tn Married Hiram Daily then Alexander House
Alexander House son Jacob House married Henretta Watson
Grace House daugher of Jacob and Henretta
Married Isaac (Ike) Foulk
# Name: Rodney Bowlin
# Sex: M
# Birth: 8 JUN 1784 in Henry Co,Virginia
# Death: 23 FEB 1835 in Perry Co,Illinois
# Burial: Duquoin Cemetary,Perry Co,Illinois
Father: Jarrod (Jared) Bowlin b: 15 JUL 1765 in Halifax Co,Virginia
Mother: Anne Roane b: 10 OCT 1767 in Pittsylvania Co,Virginia
Marriage 1 Trisa (Tricy) Harris b: 10 JUN 1791 in Rockingham Co,Virginia
* Married: 19 NOV 1807 in Rockingham Co,Virginia
1. Mahala Bowlin b: 1 OCT 1808 in Rockingham Co,North Carolina
2. Edney Bowlin b: 4 JAN 1810 in Rockingham Co,North Carolina
3. Jane Bowlin b: 25 FEB 1811 in Rockingham Co,North Carolina
4. Roan Bowlin b: 18 DEC 1813 in Rockingham Co,North Carolina
5. Elizabeth Bowlin b: 11 NOV 1815 in Rockingham Co,North Carolina
6. Powhatan Bowlin b: 11 MAR 1817
7. Sarah Bowlin b: 14 JUN 1818
8. John Anderson Bowlin b: 26 JUL 1820 in Smith Co,Tennessee
9. James T. Bowlin b: 6 AUG 1822 in Smith Co,Tennessee
10. Catherine Bowlin b: 20 MAR 1824 in Smith Co,Tennessee
11. Susan Bowlin b: 27 FEB 1826 in Smith Co,Tennessee
12. Rodney Bowlin b: 16 MAR 1827 in Smith Co,Tennessee
13. Trisa Bowlin b: 3 NOV 1828 in Smith Co,Tennessee
14. Lenerice Bowlin b: 12 MAR 1830 in P