John Vause, Reverend (b. 1595, d. WFT Est. 1624-1684)
John Vause, Reverend was born 1595 in ?, and died WFT Est. 1624-1684 in Virginia.
Notes for John Vause, Reverend: 3-24-97 Source: Middlesex County, VA Wills & Inventories 1673-1812 and Other Court Papers by William Lindsay Hopkins ****Order Book 1______ - 1680 p. 222 John Vaus & Diana Vaus, the orphans of Mr John Vaus, being about the age of 14 years apiece have chosen Mr Christopher Robinson as guardian 19 July 1680. p. 222 Constance Vaus, one of the orphans of Mr John Vaus, dec'd asks for Christopher Robinson as guardian. 19 July 1680. ****Order Book 2 1680-1694 p.317 "The following men are to provide a man, horse and armes: (includes) William Loyall and John Vause." "Mrs Elizabeth Vaus, wife of Mr. John Vaus, late clerk of this county, is ordered to deliver to Caleb Wheeling, present clerk, all records. 5 Oct 1691 "Probate of will, Mr. John Vause." ****Wills 1675 - 1798 Pts 1 & 2 JOHN VAUS ...... 8 Sept 1691 / 5 Oct 1691 To wife Elizabeth Vaus. English boy named Paul Derhaney. Daughter named Agatha Vaus (underage). Nephew William Daniell, son of my sister Constance Daniell. Nephews & Nieces James Curtis, Aberilla Curtis & Chicheter Curtis, children of my sister Elizabeth Curtis. Nephew Christopher Robinson. Exr: Wife. Wit: Christopher Robinson, Abraham Weeks, & William Lyall. ****Will Book A p.134 Estate of John Vaus, dec'd. Mentions Agatha Vaus, daughter of John Vaus, dec'd 4 Mar 1699. ****Order Book 3 p.19 Thomas Spencer & wife Elizabeth Spencer, executrix of John Vaus, dec'd 4 Feb 1694 p.174 James Blaise, guardian of Elizabeth Vaus the orphan of Mr John Vaus 4 Apr 1697 p.185 Mr James Blaise, guardian to Agatha Vaus, daughter of Mr John Vaus dec'd vs. Thomas Spencer. 5 Jul 1697 p.249 Thomas Spencer as marrying Elizabeth Vause, the widow of John Vause, dec'd bacame possessed of the orphan Agatha Vause. p.255 Probate of the will of Christopher Robinson, Esq (Burgess) 14 Nov 1698.
Notes: It is probable, based upon the dates of the above, that the info re: John Vaus is of a son or grandson rather than John himself. He would be almost 100 years old at his death in 1691 while still having an underage daughter, Agatha. Also, there is no mention in the above of daughter Margaret. As of this date (8-18-97), I am changing the death date from 1691 to the WFT est of 1624-1684.
6 March 1999 Source: FTM CD#174, VA Vital Records #1, 1600s-1800s, VA Tax Records, Tithables of Lancaster County, VA, 1654.
(22) "Mr. Boswell." Edward Boswell was vestryman and "sidesman" of Lancaster Parish in 1657. Edward Bosell of "Lancaster County on Rappahannock River, planter", by deed dated 3 Dec 1658, took JOHN VAUSE of the same county into partnership for 12 years in said Boswell's plantation, stock, servants, & C.; each party was to be allowed to dispose of his own property in England as he might think fit; John Vause was to pay (out of his own estate), so long as said Boswell should abide in England, the sum of 15L sterling annually, towards his maintenence; and agreed that if the said Boswell and wife should not go to Engalnd in that year or heareafter, before the expiration of 12 years, they should return to Virginia, they should have the liberty to abide on said plantation with Vause.
Source: VA Genealogies * JOHN VAUSE buys with William Neale 600 acres on South Side Rappahannock River from Richard Coleman for 4000lbs of tobo. 4 June 1655.
* Power of Attorney sighed by Sam Man to JOHN VAUSE to sign deed. Dated 3 Sept 1659 Rcd 30 Nov 1659.
* JOHN VAUSE - witness 1 Dec 1659
* JOHN VAUSE witness to division of land 1 Nov 1662
* 1663 JOHN VAUSE, vestryman of Middlesex Parish Church
*Bertram Obert of Lancaster sells 200 acres to JOHN VAUSE dated 3 Dec 1662; Rec'd 1 Apr 1663.
* JOHN & ANNE VAUSE witnesses to sale of land by Richard Lewis of Lancaster 1 Jan 1664
* JOHN VAUSE to RICHARD BLEWFORD 300 acres acc'd to patent of said JOHN VAUSE & Wm NEALE bought of Richard Coleman. Dated 21 Nov 1655; acknowledged 15 Apr 1656; Recorded 12 June 1656.
* Estate of Minor Milson (includes) to John Vause by bill 180. Rec. 20 may 1660.
[[Notes: It appears that the above information is dealing with 3 generations of men named JOHN VAUSE. The first is the immigrant VAUSE who arrived in Virginia prior to 1635 when daughter Margaret Dora Vause married Richard Beauford. He patented land in his own name as early as 1638. In 1664, John is listed as a witness to the signing of a deed along with an ANNE VAUSE. His wife? The second JOHN VAUSE died about July of 1680, although there is no evidence of an actual will. On 19 July 1680, Christopher Robinson is appointed guardian to 3 children of John Vause: JOHN & DIANA VAUSE, aged ~14 years (born ~1666) and CONSTANCE VAUSE. The third JOHN VAUSE married Elizabeth, the widow of Francis Weeks (son of Abraham Weeks). They had 1 daughter, Agatha Vause, born 28 Feb 1688. John died in 1691, his will being dated 8 Sept 1691. He names his wife, daughter and some other family members: sister Constance Vaus who m. William Daniel & nephew William Daniel (Jr); sister Elizabeth Vause who m. James Curtis & nephews/nieces James, Averilla & Chichley Curtis; and nephew Christopher Robinson. The guardianship court orders of 1680 allow the conclusion that this JOHN VAUSE was ~25 years old at his death. He was Middlesex County Clerk.