|The DONALD A. HAAG family lives in Louisville, Kentucky. My wife, JANICE (nee DWYER), and I have been researching and gathering information on the following ancestors, all of whom settled in Louisville, Ky. We are interested in communicating with anyone who thinks these individuals may be linked to their family tree or who have information they are willing to share.
(1) JOHANN GEORG HAAG, b. 1844 in Schlierbach/Schaafheim, Starkenburg, Hessa-Darmstadt, Germany, d. 1923 in Louisville, Kentucky. George immigrated to America in 1867 and married BARBARA WIEDEMANN in 1868 in Louisville, KY. Barbara was the daughter of Christian Gustav Adolph Wiedemann and Ann Maria Bauer, and was born 1849 Louisville, and d. 1910 Louisville.
(2) BENJAMIN FOW, b. 1821 in Philadelphia, Pa., d. 1875 in Louisville, KY; wife was ELIZA (Elizabeth) McCORD, b. 1822 in Ireland, died 1902 in Louisville. Married August 15, 1840 in Philadelphia and lived on N. Front Street for many years. The Benjamin Fow family moved to Louisville, Ky in 1861.
(3) JOHANN GEORG VETTINER, b. 1825 in Menzingen, Baden, Germany, died 1884 in Louisville, KY. Wife was ELIZABETH GEGG (pronounced GECK), b. 1823 in Hofweier, Baden, Germany, d. 1903 in Louisville. Elizabeth came to America in 1852.
(4) SIMON HAAG, b. 1821 in Goecklingen, Pfalz, Bavaria, Germany, settled in Lanesville, Indiana, and died in New Albany, Indiana in 1903. Married MARY EVA DIETZENBACH on December 27, 1843 in Louisville, Kentucky. Mary Eva's parents were MICHAEL JOHN DIETZENBACH, b. 1793 in Hochhausen, Baden, Germany, d. 1863 in Lanesville, IN, and Maria Magdalena Liebler, b. 1792 in Werlach, Baden, Germany, and d. 1862 in Lanesville, IN
(5) THOMAS D. DWYER, b. 1846 in Tipperary, Ireland. Married ANNE THOMPSON at Holy Trinity Catholic Church in 1865 in New Albany, Indiana. Settled in Louisville, and died there in 1900.
(6) PATRICK HINES, b. 1835 in County Clare, Ireland. Married in 1857 at the Cathedral Of The Assumption in Louisville, Ky to BRIDGET McCARTY, b. 1836 in Tipperary, Ireland.
(7) LOUIS KEINER, b. 1798 in Prussia, Germany, d. 1870 in Louisville, Ky. Married FREDERICKA ARBEN, b. 1799 in Prussia, d. 1871 in Louisville. Louis and Fredericka came to America with their children in 1847.
(8) ANDREAS EISERT, b. 1794 in Stettfeld, Baden, Germany. Married MARY EVE SCHWEIGER on January 7, 1819 in Stettfeld at the St. Nicholas Church. Came to America and arrived in Louisville, Ky on January 1, 1843. Settled in Lanesville, Harrison Co., Indiana. Andreas died in Lanesville in 1848.
(9) CAROLINE EMILIE FEIGE, b. 1854 in Wemlighausen, Westfalen, Germany, d. 1921 in Louisville, KY. Married AUGUST HEINRICH WEISSERT in 1872 in Cincinnati, OH. August was b. 1848 in Vandsburg, Westpreussen, Prussia, Germany, d. 1898 in Louisville, KY.
(10) CONRAD S. CRELIER, b. 1820 in Bure, Switzerland, d. 1882 in Louisville, KY. Married MARY ANN GUELOT 1848 in Louisville. Mary was born 1826 in Switzerland, and d. 1880 in Louisville.
(11) KINBERGER FAMILY, settled in Navillton, Indiana. Charles Xavier Kinberger married Louise Haag, daughter of Phillip and Henrietta Keiner Haag. Henry T. Kinberger married Mayme Keiner, daughter of John William Keiner and Louise Haag (daughter of George and Barbara Wiedemann Haag.
Other surnames of interest are PARROT, STILGER, WITTIG, and CROWE.
We have extensive family history information on the following families from Germany:
>> The Haag family from Schlierbach/Schaafheim, Hessa-Darmstadt
>> The Haag family from Goecklingen, Pfalz, Bavaria
>> The Vettiner family from Neuffen & Menzingen, Baden
>> The Gegg Family from Hofwier, Baden
>> The Eisert family from Stettfeld, Baden
>> The Feige family from Wemlinghausen, Westfalen
>> The Dietzenbach family from Hochhausen, Baden
>> The Kinberger Family from Morsch, Baden
|The Donald A. Haag Family of Louisville, Kentucky
Updated July 5, 2007
Donald Arthur Haag
8204 Bost Lane
Louisville, Kentucky 40219-4204
Edit Your Page
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|