I am searching primarily for the parents and birth place of Francis HAGAN. However, I also need to complete the family data I now have concerning all of his descendants.
Francis HAGAN was born c1763, place unknown. He married Margaret RAMSOWER in Frederick, Maryland in 1788. This is the first public record that I have found concerning Francis. (I have found a Francis HAGAN that was a Tanner Apprentice to a Mr. AYCOCK in Frederick, Maryland in 1781 but I do not know if this Aprentice is my Francis). Francis and Margaret had four sons: Benjamin; Adam; Richard and Francis, Jr.
Benjamin never married and died in 1823. Adam married Cordelia PURDY and settled around Frederick, Maryland. Richard married Jemina RIGGS. I have not found where Richard settled but some of his children settled in Loudoun County, Virginia. Francis, Jr. married Matilda FOWLER and settled around Frederick, Maryland.
Adam and Cordelia had eleven children:
1. Charles, settled in Newton, North Carolina. I need information about his wife and family.
2. Richard, m. Mary Elizabeth OFFUTT. I need information about his family.
3. Francis, settled in Nashville, Tennessee. He married Christine H. Merritt. They had two children: Rufus King and Alfred Merritt.
4. Margaret, m. Mr. LEATHER. I know nothing about this family.
5. William (twin), never married. He is buried with his parents in the Hyattstown Methodist Church cemetery, Hyattstown, Maryland.
6. Mary Ann (twin). I know nothing about Mary Ann.
7. Jane. I know nothing about Jane.
8. Adam, Jr., settled in Newton, North Carolina with his brother, Charles. I need information about his wife. He had four children: Charles Tildon, m. Ann Steptoe GUY; Dorsey Lee, m. Elizabeth YATES; Lora; Cordelia.
9. John Thomas, m. Julia Ann TERRES. The settled in Atlanta, Georgia after the Civil War where he became a successful busiessman. John T. and Julia had twenty children. One son, Lee, established the Atlanta Consolidated Bottling Company and made Red Rock Cola and Red Rock Ginger Ale. His brother, Wesley, imported vanilla beans and made vanilla extract for the ginger ale drink. Eventually Lee entered into an agreement with the Coca Cola Bottling Company that gave Coca Cola the sole rights to market cola drinks in the Atlanta area. Lee could market all other soft drink products.
10. Lavenia. I know nothing about Lavenia.
11. Singleton. I know nothng about Singleton.
Wesley Hagan (son of John Thomas), m. Margaret SCHMIDT and had seven children. Wesley died in 1932 from injuries received in an automobile accident. Their son (my father) Fred HAGAN, Sr. m. Mildred C. REAGAN and settled in Jacksonville, Florida.
I am interested in contacting anyone researching these families and sharing information.