- Simon Lee Van Etten, son of Simon P. and Alice (24 KB)
Insular Patrol, at Guam; born in Augusta WI, 4 Feb 1898; son of Simon P. and Alive (sic) Van Etten, Bellingham WA; entered service from Bellingham, 9 Jan 1917; transferred to Mare Island CA; to Guam; still in service (printing abt 1920)
Page 93 picture 13
With the Colors from Whatcom, Skagit, San Juan counties 1917, 1918, and 1919. Washington U.S.A.
- Vida High School Girl's Basketball Team (8 KB)
The Champions! Wilma Post is in front.
- Mary HILGER (196 KB)
wife of Richard Dougherty, great grandmother to Terry. You can read her "Pioneer Memories" by clicking on the link below.
- Floyd Van Etten, son of Simon P. and Alice (23 KB)
Coxswain, U.S.N.; born at Augusta WI, 3 Jan 1899; son of Simon and Alice Van Etten, Bellingham WA; entered service from Bellingham, 17 Jan 1918; transferred from Bremerton WA, to New York; discharged 2 Jan 1919.
Page 91 picture 19
- Filena Hendricks TUCKER (10 KB)
Daughter of Caswell and Hannah Ann Hendricks. My great great grandmother.
- Richard and Mary Dougherty wedding Photo (264 KB)
Standing ?, Mary Jane DOUGHERTY, Louisa HILGER, Senator Thomas CARTER.
Richard Joseph DOUGHERTY and Mary HILGER DOUGHERTY
- LARRY and the KING (33 KB)
The fisherman and his Alaskan catch!!!
(Sorry for the size of the photo, I can not figure out how to resize it, believe me I have tried!)
- Caswell Hendricks (19 KB)
Caswell, Hannah Ann and Grant Hendricks. You can see the scars on Hannah's hands from the fire. Caswell and "Ann" are my great great great grandparents. Caswell ran the ferry across the Mckenzie River, Lane Co. Or from 1862 until he retired. His son Grant ran the ferry from his fathers retirement until 1897 when it was replaced with Hendricks bridge.
Fastened by two cables to a 40' high wire spanning the river. The ferry was kept at just the right angle to allow the current to push it to the other side. I have photo of Ferry if anyone is interested.
- Children of Richard and Mary DOUGHERTY (293 KB)
Angela Dougherty, Theo Dougherty, Connie Dougherty.
Stephanie Dougherty (Aunt Steve)
- HILGER brothers (333 KB)
Thanks to Anita for all of the wonderful Hilger photos!! Nicholas Hilger and his brothers.
Left to right:
? probably Peter, John D., John Nicholas"Anson" and seated is "The Judge", Nicholas D. Hilger.
- Walter and Effie May Tucker POST (11 KB)
The wedding photo of my great grandparents. Effie and Walter were married in 1904, Lane Co., OR. Effie died young at the age of 33 years in 1919 of Tuberculosis.
- Mary Hilger DOUGHERTY and her Girls (169 KB)
Connie, Angela, Theo, Stephanie and Mary.
Connie is Terry's maternal grandmother.
- Judge Nicholas HILGER'S family (332 KB)
Will, N.D., Margaret, Rose Esther
Joe, Nicholas, Susanna, Louisa
- Hester Lemon TUCKER (14 KB)
My Great Great Great Grandmother, Hester Lemon Tucker. She is the mother of William B.
- Nicholas and Susanna Hilger (201 KB)
Nicholas D. Hilger and Susanna Moersh Hilger.
Great Great Grandparents to Terry.
- SUSANNA MOERSH HILGER (272 KB)
Wife of Nicholas Hilger, great great grandmother of Terry.
- Thomas TUCKER (16 KB)
My great great great grandfather Thomas Tucker, father of William B.
- Misc. DOUGHERTY/HILGER/SCHMIT (255 KB)
Stephanie DOUGHERTY 1916.
Mary SCHMIT, Christmas 1926.
Connie Dougherty SCHMIT and son Joe.
Margaret Hilger DECAMP, Maude Hilger OSBORNE, Theodora DOUGHERTY
- The SONS of JUDGE NICHOLAS HILGER (287 KB)
- Joseph D. Healy (3 KB)
Just for fun. Joey Healy, aspiring actor, brother of Terry. For more on Joe's acting career see these web pages:
- Van Rensselaer OLMSTEAD (42 KB)
Great Great Great Grandfather of Andrea. Van is the husband of Lucinda Cleveland. He served in the Civil War: 176 Ohio Infantry Company D and 181 Ohio Infantry Company G.
B. December 08, 1845
D. December 10, 1911
- Susanna Moersh Hilger/David Hilger (288 KB)
two photos. Susanna is Terry's great great grandmother. David is Terry's Great granduncle.
- Nicholas HILGER (26 KB)
Great Great grandfather of Terry. Nicholas was well known in Montana. He was an early pioneer and prominent figure in Montana history.
- Walter POST Family / Please help identify (102 KB)
Jessie Post, Walter Post, Loris Post, Wilma Post, Unknown. If anyone knows who older gentleman is, please email me. Photo says Grandpa Tucker, but I don't believe it can be. Caption on actual photo says "All of us". Photo belonged to Ardith Post. Photo approx 1926.
- Margaret HILGER DE CAMP (277 KB)
photos of Margaret,daughter of Nicholas and Susanna. Wife of Ralph DeCamp. Writing in 1930, historian and educator Robert Raymer said of Mrs. DeCamp: "She is now recognized as one of the most talented violinists in the northwest, her concert appearances having been many and her artistic triumphs having been equal in number."
Her husband Ralph DeCamp was a well known artist, specializing in the Montana landscape.
- Thomas Grundy Hendricks (12 KB)
son of James M. and Elizabeth Bristow Hendricks. TG Hendricks is my 1st cousin 4 times removed. TG was a Businessman, founder First National Bank, sold land for University of Oregon campus, was avid supporter and regent for 24 years of U of O, one of the founders of Eugene Water Co., Mayor 1881-83, County School Superintendent 1870-74, Oregon State Senator, donated land for Hendricks Park in Eugene, Oregon.
- Richard Joseph DOUGHERTY (206 KB)
Richard J. Dougherty, husband of Mary Hilger, great grandfather to Terry.
- The Overland Trail by David HILGER (27 KB)
The story of the Hilgers crossing the Plains from Minnesota to Montana
- Van Etten Obituaries (4 KB)
A few Van Etten Family obituaries
- A Card Shower for Effie Tucker POST (4 KB)
Birthday greetings sent to my great Grandmother on her last birthday March 7, 1919, also included are various postcards to family members.
- Adrian obituaries (3 KB)
Obituaries of Otto ADRIAN, Margaretha (WALTER)ADRIAN and Jesse ADRIAN
- "In and Out of Montana" by Mary Hilger Dougherty (166 KB)
Mary Hilger Dougherty's story of early life in Montana and other travels. Mary is Terry's great grandmother.
- Vida High School News (8 KB)
Newspaper articles pertaining to VHS, Vida, OR.(dates unkown.)
- Obituaries of the HENDRICKS and related Families (20 KB)
Some Surnames you will find here: HENDRICKS,DAVIS,FORTNER,TUCKER,POST
- "Famous" Ancestors and Cousins (12 KB)
Just a wee bit of fun!
- Down Memory Lane, by Kathleen HARRINGTON(Regan) (50 KB)
This was written by Terry's great grandaunty Tony.
It is about life in Castletownbere, Co. Cork
- Davis and Hendricks Estates (11 KB)
The wills of David Daniel DAVIS and Caswell HENDRICKS
- KINSHIP Report of ANDREA ADRIAN (2690 KB)
Here you will find how I am related to those in my family tree.
- Oregon Trail Biography (6 KB)
Mini bio of David D. Davis and the story of Hannah Ann Davis Hendricks
- 1931 Vida High School/Springfield High School (11 KB)
This is from my Grandmother's commencement book and autographs from her Autograph book. Some names mentioned Minney, Drury, Post
- ANCESTORS of ANDREA ADRIAN (6254 KB)
This file goes back 44 generations. NOT all of the information has been verified. Please use caution when using it.
- Lester Hulins Trail Diary (42 KB)
The Story of the Oskaloosa Company's crossing to Oregon
- Mini BIOS (60 KB)
Mini Biographies: Surnames: ADRIAN, POST,HENDRICKS,DONAHOE,TUCKER,VAN ETTEN
- Civil War Letters: William Brown TUCKER (2 KB)
Here are two letters found in WB's Military Service Records. WB served December 19, 1864-June 19, 1866: "H" Co. 1st Oregon Inf.
- Muster Roll for WB TUCKER, Co. H 1st reg't Ore Inf (6 KB)
The company muster roll from my Great Great Grandfather's service record.
- Examination record for William Brown TUCKER (3 KB)
Exam record for Civil War enlistment. Interesting questions.
- BANGLE obituaries (7 KB)
various obituaries of the Bangle families. Thank you to Judy Crawley for sharing these with me.
- Pioneer Memories of Mary HILGER DOUGHERTY (23 KB)
the memories of Terry's Great Grandmother. It is interesting to see the differing points of view between Mary, age 6 and David, age 8 1/2 on the adventures crossing the Plains in 1867.
- Ancestors of Terence Richard Healy (39 KB)
9 generations of ancestors
- POST Family stories (15 KB)
This is dedicated to my children, may the stories always be told. Thank you to Fred Post, without his book, I would not be able to hand down our family history.