- Grandmother Edna Falcon Hymel & Twins (13 KB)
Edna (Etna) Julia Falcon Hymel with her twins sons, Allen & Alvin. Twins were born in 1916.
- My Family (70 KB)
This photo was taken at Thanksgiving 1999.
- Hudson/Strickland House built Circa 1835-50 (289 KB)
Cicero Demosthenese Hudson built this house from Straight Heart Pine. His daughter Sophia Ann married John Carlos Strickland and inherited the house. The little room on the porch was called a "Parson Room" It is where travelers and Circuit Riders stayed the night and brought the news. There is a trough and hitching post on the side of the room where the horse was fed and hitched. This home is still in the Strickland family.Copyright 1999 All rights reserved M.S. Hymel
- The Crawford Family (425 KB)
Emma Jessie Carmichael Crawford, John J. Hugh Crawford and daughter Venie Crawford. They are my Great grandparents and my great aunt. The homeplace in Hickory Flat, Chambers Co, AL
- Hudson/Strickland House -Rear View taken 1941 (171 KB)
I was born in this house in 1941 and this is mother and me when I was about 3 months old. My grandparents, Madison & Susan Crawford Strickland had thirteen children. They always opened their home up to the newly married children until they could buy or build a home. We lived there until I was 2 yrs old.Copyright 1999 All rights reserved M.S. Hymel
- Joseph Thomas Hudson Civil War Musician (169 KB)
He served in Co. F 14th AL Billy Gilmore's Grays. He was a musician and shot in the head and left for dead. After dark crawled off the battlefield and lived to a ripe old age. Contributed by John Irvin
- Glenn Olin & Myrtle Lou Hannah Karr (321 KB)
Picture of Glenn & Myrtle was taken in Warm Springs, GA. Glenn is the son of George A. Washington Karr & Ida Ester Shockley Karr. Photo courtesy of Shirley Karr McKinney.
- Felix Thurman Hudson -Civil War Vet (510 KB)
Bro. of Joseph, returned from the war and became a lawyer, later became a Minister and served the Lord for the remainder of his life.Contributed by John Irvin.
- Austin & Ashton Estave, age 4 years (189 KB)
Austin & Ashton are the twins of Wilson "Pete" & Michelle Hymel Estave.
- Shirley Karr McKinney's Pride & Joy (78 KB)
Son, Joseph Glenn McKinney and her two grandchildren, Christian & Isabella Quinones.
- "50th Wedding Anniversary" Hymel/Bourg Family (184 KB)
Alvin Adam and Mary Edna Mae Bourg Hymel on their 50th wedding anniversary in 1987. Alvin is a descendant of Hans Immel from Germany. Alvin died December 24, 1989.Edna just celebrated her 80th birthday.
- My Harper & Karr Great grandparents (149 KB)
William S. Harper & Caroline Charlotte "Callie" Karr married on 5 Dec 1872 in Carroll Co., Georgia.
- Edna Falcon and Lazin Valerie Himel/Hymel (86 KB)
Edna and Lazin when they were first married.
- My Grandfather Strickland's Namesakes (67 KB)
My grandfather, Madison Jefferson was named after his twin Uncles, 1st Corp. Madison & 2nd Corp. Jefferson Strickland who were killed in the Civil War 17 days apart in 1862. They were born 8 May 1842. Jefferson died 2 Jan 1862 in Evansport, VA & Madison died 17 days later, 19 Jan 1862 in Richmond, VA. They served in Co F, 14th AL Infantry.
- Madison J. Strickland & Sons (118 KB)
Grandpa Madison, William, Suel, John , Madison, and Owen at son Floyd's funeral.
- "Alma Mater" of Crawfords, Hudson & Stricklands (22 KB)
Hickory Flat School, Chambers Co, AL. Miss Nellie Bonner, teacher in the swing. Circa 1920, My dad started here in grade 1. It was a close knit community and the children walked and rode horses to school. My parents house sits on the exact spot where the old school stood.There are still old rusty spikes in some of the trees where they hitched the horses. They studied hard as "good grades" meant not working in the fields all day.Copyright © 1968
All rights reserved M.S. Hymel
- Jefferson & Madison Strickland (Twins) (67 KB)
Jefferson & Madison were killed 17 days apart in the Civil War. Their parents were Larkin and Margaret "Peggy" Stewart Strickland.
- "50th Wedding Anniversary" Hymel/Dearman Family (30 KB)
Al & Bay Dearman and their children; Beverly Ann "Tut", Larry. Terry and Penny. Renewed Vows,
September 1999. Gives hope to all of us.
- William Ervin & Arrie Margaret Hudson Blanks (59 KB)
Wedding Photo of Arrie Margaret Hudson & William Ervin Blanks, May 1, 1904 (Photo submitted by Martin R. Blanks)