Welcome to my home page. I have been seriously doing genealogy for nearly 20 years. The surnames I am researching are:
I also am researching the following surname of my wife's ancestors: ADDIS;BAKER;BARNHART;BUFFINGTON;COLLINS;DEHART;
Areas of research are the following states and counties: OHIO-Licking,Knox,Coshocton,Muskingum,Pike,Belmont,Washington,
my email address is billjohns (at) windstream (dot) net
- 1948 Hickman Family Reunion (606 KB)
This is a group photo of the 50th Annual Hickman Family Reunion held in 1948 at Moundbuilders Park in Newark, Ohio. I am in the photo - look for me. Are you or your ancestors in this picture?
- Jacob Shrake (47 KB)
Jacob Shrake, son of Jacob and Lydia (Thomas) Shrake, with (left) his daughter Maude Gimisey and (right) his granddaughter Ethyl.
- This may be the 1st Hickman Reunion (232 KB)
This picture was probably taken around 1900 or before. Among those identified left to right are: in the front row sitting on chairs - person #1 - Agnes (Rinehart)Hickman; person #2 - Frederick Thomas Hickman; person #5 - William Sampson Hickman; person #6 - Eliza Ann (Shrake) Hickman; person #8 - John Hickman?; person #11 - Ohio Tibit Hickman. Those in the back row identified left to right are: person #3 - Dora (Taylor) Hickman; person #4 - Walter Hickman; person #8 - Major Hall; person #9 - Eva (Hickman) Hall. Any additions or corrections are most welcome. Does anyone recognize the house and know where it is or was?
- Landmark Goes To Make Way For Gas Station (84 KB)
Article from Monroe Times (Green County, WI), November 3, 1927, regarding house built by Peter Shrake, son of Frederick Shrake.
- Children of William & Eliza (Shrake) Hickman (187 KB)
This picture also probably taken about 1900 shows the seven living children of William & Eliza (Shrake) Hickman. Shown in the photo left to right are: bottom row Eva (Hickman)Hall; Nancy "Ella" (Hickman)Smith; Eliza "Jane" (Hickman)Farley. Top row: Walter Hickman; John Hickman; Ohio "Tibit" Hickman; Frederick "Thomas" Hickman.
- Mary Thresa (Cahill) Thomas & Paul Johns (33 KB)
- Marriage Record of Bazel K. Smith & Milla Plummer (59 KB)
Marriage Record of Bazel K. Smith and Milla Plummer, from Greene County, IN Marriages, 1821-1921, Book F, page 3. (Source: Family History Library 1,317,804)
- Tombstone of Mary (Williams) Smith (51 KB)
Tombstone of Mary (Williams) Smith, wife of Thomas Smith, Smith Cemetery, Franklin Township, Greene County, PA. "In Memory of Mary Smith, consort of Thomas Smith, Who departed this life Jan. 7th A. D. 1829 in the 85th year of her age."
- Mary Thresa (Cahill) Thomas (30 KB)
- Tombstone of Elizabeth (Eisiminger) Stiger (63 KB)
Elizabeth (Eisiminger) Stiger, wife of Jacob Stiger/Staggers. Buried at Staggers Cemetery, White Barn Farm, Franklin Township, Greene County, PA
- Paul, Marie (Thomas) and Gerald Johns (37 KB)
- Benjamin Franklin "Frank" Wilson (18 KB)
Frank Wilson, son of George W. and Levina (Barnhart) Wilson, born 1870.
- Frederick Shrake Tombstone (33 KB)
Frederick Shrake Tombstone, Bethel-Hawthrone Cemetery, Clarno Township, Green County, Wisconsin, born 14 December, 1766; died 20 October, 1847.
- Paul Johns & Odessa (?) Thomas, wife of Robert Tho (30 KB)
- Nancy Eleanor (Hickman) Smith (18 KB)
Picture taken somewhere around 1910.
- Unknown man & woman with children - Possibly John (31 KB)
If you can identify these people please let me know.
- John Harvey and Nancy Eleanor (Hickman) Smith (19 KB)
Picture taken about 1910
- Bill Reese (21 KB)
Bill Reese in Air Force uniform. Picture taken between 1942 and 1945 in the rear of Rugg Avenue, Newark, Ohio.
- John S. Humphrey (21 KB)
My grandfather John S. Humphrey
- John Harvey Smith 1863-1939 (18 KB)
Picture taken about 1910
- Grace Camille (Smith) Humphrey Dickerson (20 KB)
My grandmother Grace Camille (Smith) Humphrey Dickerson. She inspired my search for our ancestry.
- John H. and Nancy E. (Hickman) Smith (25 KB)
Picture taken 1937
- Henry Joseph Johns (10 KB)
Date unknown. Possibly about 1890-1900. Photo courtesy of Frank R. Johns of Indiana
- Family of John & Nancy (Hickman) Smith (32 KB)
John H. and Nancy E. (Hickman) Smith with daughters, son-in-laws, son and daughter-in-law.
- Katherine Gertrude (Baker) Johns (9 KB)
Date unknown. Possibly about 1890-1900. Photo courtesy of Frank R. Johns of Indiana.
- Stella (Sanford) Johns, Herbert Johns and wife, Hi (54 KB)
Picture generously supplied by Jenifer (Johns) Burns, daughter of Jay Joseph Johns.
- My Parents (8 KB)
My Mother and My Dad in another time and another place.
- John Franklin Whyde (37 KB)
Retirement picture from the Newark Advocate and American Tribune Newspaper, Newark, Ohio shortly after his 80th birthday on March 24, 1939.
- Bill Johns (27 KB)
Bill during the doo wop years. Picture taken in September, 1958. "One Summer Night"
- Frederick Shake Tombstone (45 KB)
Photograph taken by Teresa McAllister
- Gerald "Jake" Francis Johns (24 KB)
My Dad. Jake was my adoptive father and the father that was always there for me.
- Sons of John & Rachel (Cessna) Shrake (40 KB)
Left to right - Fred, William, John, Henry Adam. Photo taken by Teresa McAllister.
- Henry V. and Stella (Sanford) Johns (36 KB)
Photo generously supplied by Jenifer (Johns) Burns
- Andrew J. Crilly (28 KB)
Sketch from Memorial Record of Licking County, Ohio published by Record Publishing Company, Chicago, 1894, page 385.
- Mary E. (Skeen) Reese, Bill Reese & Virginia Reese (28 KB)
Probably taken shortly after the death of William Reese, husband and father. Taken in front of the house next to Mary Ethel's parents house on Kibler Avenue, Newark, OH.
- Henry Valentine Johns as a boy (33 KB)
Picture generously supplied by Jenifer (Johns) Burns
- Lawrence "Brady" Whyde (17 KB)
Lawrence Brady Whyde, son of John Franklin and Susanna F. (Livingston) Whyde. Taken during World War I (probably 1917-1919).
- Bill Reese (27 KB)
Another photo in his Air Force uniform.
- Alva and Herbert Johns (29 KB)
Picture generously supplied by Jenifer (Johns) Burns
- William T. B. Reese and Mary Ethel Skeen (23 KB)
William Thomas Benjamin and Mary Ethel Skeen
- Chester Bailey, Virginia (Reese) Lantz, Bill Reese (34 KB)
Chester Bailey, Virginia (Reese) Lantz, Bill Reese and one of Virginia's daughters, Sharon Lantz. Taken at Fort Worth, Texas
- Bill and Chuck Arnold (45 KB)
Bill Johns and Chuck Arnold, 6 June 1958.
- Mary Ethel (Skeen) Reese (23 KB)
Photo probably taken in late 1920's.
- Mary Ethel (Skeen) Reese Bailey (23 KB)
Mary "Ethel" (Skeen) Reese Bailey with her dog "Tiny". Probably taken late 1950's in Garden City, Michigan.
- Central Jr. High School 9th Grade Basketball Team (47 KB)
Central Junior High School - 9th Grade Basketball Team - 1956
- The Reese Brothers (29 KB)
L.-R.: Walter, Elmer and William, sons of George and Emma (Meister) Reese
- Sarah (McConoughey) Skeen & daughter, Mary Ethel (39 KB)
Picture taken in front of 538 Kibler Avenue, Newark, OH. Probably taken in the 1920's.
- Owens Corning Fiberglas MPMS Machinist Apprentices (41 KB)
Owens Corning Fiberglas Machine Parts Manufacturing Shops Machinist Apprentices Senior Class abt. 1968
- Bridge Built by John Shrake (41 KB)
Bridge over Killbuck Creek built during the Civil War (1863) by John Shrake of Newark, Ohio.
- Bill Reese & his mother, Mary Ethel (Skeen) Reese (41 KB)
Picture probably taken in the mid to late 1950's
- Owens Corning Fiberglas MPMS Machinist Apprentices (43 KB)
Owens Corning Fiberglas Machine Parts Manufacturing Shops Machinist Apprentices - Junior Class - abt 1968
- Chester Bailey (left) & Howard McConoughey (right) (26 KB)
Clowning around about being bowlegged and boots. Picture taken in Ft. Worth, Texas.
- Clyde Johns Barbershop (27 KB)
Probably present location of the Midland theater.