- The earliest Hrouda picture (about 1915). (32 KB)
Hrouda family picture taken around 1915. Left to right: baby on lap - Anne (Hrouda) Kuska; father - John Hrouda; standing boy - Joe or John? Hrouda; boy standing in front of mother - John or Joe? Hrouda; mother - Barbara (Loula) Hrouda.
- Anton Kuska's childhood school in Malkov. (14 KB)
Anton Kuska's childhood school in Malkov. The picture was taken in 1913.
- Earliest Kuska family picture (1885). (38 KB)
Picture taken in Geneva, Nebraska around 1885.
- Katherine (Becwar) and Emil A. Kuska. (20 KB)
Katherine (Becwar) and Emil A. Kuska.
- 1949 picture of Anton Rut family in Czech Republic (37 KB)
Anton is a son of Anna (Kolar) Rut, Alzbeta's Sister. The children are left to right: Tomik, Anna, and Bosa.
- July 1968 Dresher/Kuska/Hejny group picture. (310 KB)
July 1968 Dresher/Kuska/Hejny group picture.
- Anton Kuska 1926 (39 KB)
Anton Kuska by Burlington Railroad Poultry Train when it stopped in Milligan, Nebraska during March - April, 1926 tour of Nebraska and Kansas. His son, Val Kuska helped organize the educational train which was visited by 205,404 people.
- Frantisek (1871-1926) and Anna (1873-1960) Loula (99 KB)
Frantisek (1871-1926) and Anna (1873-1960) Loula
- July 1968 Dresher/Kuska group picture. (345 KB)
July 1968 Dresher/Kuska group picture.
- Anton Kuska at his farm. (13 KB)
Anton Kuska at his farm near Milligan, Nebraska.
- Agnes (Hrouda) Triebull with locally caught Muskie (19 KB)
Agnes (Hrouda) Triebull with Muskie that she caught in local Phillips waters.
- Bohumil and Mary (Kuska) Poch wedding picture. (16 KB)
December 26, 1906 wedding picture of Mary Kuska and Bohumil Poch.
- Kuska birthplace in Lnarsky Malkov (20 KB)
1913 picture of Anton Kuska birthplace, #144 or #36 Lnarsky Malkov, Bohemia
- Hrouda family picture taken in the 1930s. (27 KB)
John Hrouda and Barbara (Loula) Hrouda family group picture taken in the 1930s. Two of the children, Joe and Anne are not present. They were working out of state. Anne was working in Chicago, Illinois as a Nurses Aide. Joe was working as a farm hand at the St. Procopius Abbey in Lisle, Illinois.
- Joseph Kolar family in Ravenna, Nebraska (18 KB)
Alzbetha (Kolar) Kuska's brother, Joseph Kolar and family in Ravenna, Nebraska.
- Hrouda children taken before Agnes was born. (27 KB)
John Hrouda and Barbara (Loula)Hrouda children group picture taken before Agnes was born so probably around 1918-1919.
- Baby picture of Milton Kuska. (37 KB)
Baby picture of Milton Kuska
- Barbara (Sulansky) Kolar, Joe Jr. and Sophia Kolar (24 KB)
Standing, the wife of Joseph Kolar, Barbara (Sulansky) Kolar. Her children Joe Jr. and Sophia Kolar in the buggy. They lived in Ravenna, Nebraska
- Hrouda Farm, Phillips, Wisconsin. (18 KB)
Hrouda Farm, at the end of Spruce Drive, which branches off of Evergreen Drive (80 acres including the buildings is now owned by Duane M. Bellows; 40 acres is owned by Barbara (Kuska) Stoffey - granddaughter of John Hrouda and Barbara (Loula) Hrouda.
- Joseph Kolar Home, Ravenna, Nebraska (14 KB)
Barbara (Sulansky) Kolar, son Joesph Jr. Kolar, daughters Sophia, Mary, and Anna Kolar.
- Early (around 1914) Hrouda barnyard picture. (71 KB)
Early (around 1914) Hrouda barnyard picture.
- Richard Poch at Kuska Collection Museum Display. (17 KB)
The Prairie Museum of Art and History in Colby, Kansas, is a private, non-profit museum governed by the Thomas County Historical Society. The Society was founded in 1959 to preserve the history of Thomas County.
In 1975, the Society was given the Kuska Collection. The unique collection of over 28,000 artifacts from Europe, Asia and North America was collected by Joe and Nellie Kuska. Nellie is pictured on the wall behind musium visitor Richard Poch, son of Mary (Kuska) Poch. The collection consists of dolls, ceramics, glass, furniture, silver, toys, textiles and clothing. Joe and Nellie Kuska lived in Colby for over 50 years and spent their entire lives collecting and sharing their knowledge of the collection.
The Prairie Museum of Art and History occupies a 24 acre site just north of Interstate 70, between exit 53 & 54 in NW Kansas.
- Alzbetha Kolar's 1881 wedding dress. (11 KB)
Alzbeta's gold/brown wedding dress. (The white boots are not hers.} "The long fitted bodice dress with bustle is made of lightweight gold
twilled fabric. The small collar and bodice piping is brown velvet material. The bride brought this dress from her homeland in Bohemia."
(Only wealthy women wore a white wedding dress at that time--other women selected a dress that could be worn again.)
- Young Family of Joseph Benjamin Kuska (118 KB)
Young Family of Joseph Benjamin Kuska
- Norman and Milton Kuska at a very young age. (35 KB)
Norman and Milton Kuska at a very young age.
- Three adult sons of John and Barbara Hrouda. (35 KB)
Three adult sons of John Hrouda (1881-1939)and Barbara (Loula) Hrouda (1883-1961).
- Mary (Hrouda) France (33 KB)
Mary (Hrouda) France, 1895-1921, born in Holusice (Sedlice P.O Blatna), Bohemia, lived her adult life in Phillips, Wisconsin.
- Three solder brothers - World War I (40 KB)
Left to right: Henry Kuska (1897-1976), Valentine Kuska (1887-1972), and Clement Kuska (1897-1972).
- 1880s formal dress of Alzbeta (Kolar) Kuska. (11 KB)
1880s formal dress of Alzbeta (Kolar) Kuska modeled by her great granddaughter Carmelee (Poch) Tuma in 1999.
- Wedding photo of Mary Hrouda and Joseph France (34 KB)
Wedding photo of Mary Hrouda and Joseph France, 5-24-1916.
- Christmas Day 1926 at Emil Kuska's New Home (131 KB)
Anton Kuska's oldest son Emil built a beautiful brick home on his farm 2 miles southest of Burress.
- Grandmother Barbara Loula's parents. (105 KB)
Anna (Vodicka) Loula (1839-1925) and Vojtech Loula (1840-1916).
- Charles (Hrouda) Rouda Family - Hanover, Kansas (26 KB)
One of John Hrouda's younger brothers, Charles, settled in Hanover, Kansas.
- 1930s picture of Anton and Alzbeta (Kolar) Kuska. (59 KB)
1930s picture of Anton and Alzbeta (Kolar) Kuska.
- Rosemarie (Rouda) and Laurence Sanderson (193 KB)
Rosemarie (Rouda) Sanderson, born 1924, and Laurence Sanderson (1925-1997). Rosemarie is a daughter of Charles (Hrouda) Rouda, a brother of my grandfather John Hrouda. Charles settled in Kansas.
- Charles, Lydia, and Anna Rouda (Hrouda) (96 KB)
Left to right, Lydia (Coufal) Rouda, Anna Rouda, and Charles Rouda (Named changed from Hrouda). The picture was taken August 31, 1941. They lived in Hanover, Kansas.
- Sons and daughter of Anton and Alzbeta Kuska. (50 KB)
Sons and daughter of Anton and Alzbeta (Kolar) Kuska.
- Charles (Karel) Hrouda (153 KB)
Charles (Karel) Hrouda shortly after he arrived in U.S. He arrived May 9, 1941. He later changed his surname to Rouda.
- Lydia (Coufal) Rouda and Barbara (Loula) Hrouda (87 KB)
Sister-in-laws; Lydia (Coufal) Rouda from Kansas and Barbara (Loula) Hrouda from Wisconsin.
- Thomas (Tomas) Kuska 1879-1950 (45 KB)
Farmer in Malkov Lnarsky, Bohemia, married to Marie Stejskal. Brother of John Sr. Kuska, nephew of Anton Kuska.