Research yields the source for the surname Lisk and its variants Leask, Leisk, Lask and Lesk may be of local origin, deriving from the place where a man once lived or held land. In this case the name would have its root in the old "Lands of Leask", in the parish of Slaines, Aberdeenshire. Noble families of the name include the Lisk family of Scotland who was granted a blazon of arms described in the "General Armory of Great Britain" by Sir Bernard Burke.
- USNSG Logo (11 KB)
CT's. Early years know as as "Communicatons Tech" later year "Cryptologic Tech" a/k/a "Spooks"
- Lisk Coat-of-Arms (6 KB)
SCOTLAND - The blazon is argent 3 mascles azure on a chief gules as many mascles of the field. Reference: Burkes General Armory and Nisbets Heraldry.
- Bunker Sidi Yahia Call Sign "NHY" (12 KB)
NSG operations in the desert of French Morocco.
- Russ, Pat & Rich Lisk (21 KB)
Reunion of cousins after separation of 60 years took place at Atlantic City Casino. Russell, Jr. is 6'5"+ making other cousins look short.
- Lisk (Scotland) Arms (13 KB)
General Armory of Great Britain, by Sir Bernard Burke
- HFDF Radio Shack "NPQ" Midway Island (4 KB)
This is where I was stationed for NSG
- Pat & Mom Barrington (6 KB)
Pat age 17, 1952
- CT School Class 27-53(R) (41 KB)
Final Mark 95.69 Graduated 9th out of a class of 19. There were many brains ahead of me. This school prepared us to work with Naval Security Group. a/k/a "Spooks" TOP SECRET
- CN8GI Ham Shack/Sidi Yahia, French Morocco (30 KB)
circa 1953 Pat was licensed with local government
- French Morocco, Africa "NHY" (17 KB)
Naval Security Group at former site Port Lyautey moved to Sidi Yahia, then controled by the French
- Arnold & Charlotte Lisk (14 KB)
Arnold Lisk and wife Charlotte Mueller and unknown female.
- Lisk Coat of Arms (12 KB)
different drawing of the Arms
- Catherine E. (nee Stetser ), Lisk (35 KB)
- George & Kay Lisk 1932 (14 KB)
Back yard of Stetser home at 13 E. Atlantic Avenue, Haddon Heights, Camden County, New Jersey. The house was replaced with a new grade school K-8 circ 1960
- Patricia Diane Lisk (22 KB)
2nd wife of Patrick, Mother of Sean R. Lisk
- George Lisk (7 KB)
- Daughter of George & Mary Lisk (9 KB)
- Fountain Grove Cemetery (32 KB)
William Lisk & wife, Mary Lisk, are buried here along with many other Lisks.
- Bethlehem Presbyterian Church (23 KB)
Old attendance records shows Alexander Lisk attended the same church where William/Mary Lisk buried their toddler, Martha Alice Jane Lisk.
- Arnold Lisk, Sr. w/Mom & Cousin Russell, Sr (14 KB)
- Lisk Hill, Harry Lisk residence (36 KB)
map showing name of Lisk Hill in Somerset County
- Cheltenham, MD Inspection (33 KB)
Naval Security Group "CT's" at Radio/DF station call sign "NSS" Washington, DC venue. Pat in- correctly marked. He is 2nd person to the right of the incorrect signage.
- Arnold S. Lisk 2LT US Army 01016225 (16 KB)
113 CAV RGN SQ New Jersey Aug. 16, 1944 Burial Brittany American Cemetery and Memorial St. James (Manche) France Plot A, Row 5, Grave 3