- Mable (118 KB)
Here is Mable.
- Sims reunion (142 KB)
Front Row: Raymond Sims(deceased) Girl? Chuck Sims..Back Row: Beverly Sims Gilson, Violet Sims Priddy
- Uncle Loyd. (102 KB)
Here is Uncle Loyd, on a bike.
- Uncle Sherman and his wife, our Aunt Medie. (31 KB)
Aunt Medie was an Osage Indian!
- Carl and Atha Belle Sims (110 KB)
At their 50th Wedding Anniversary at Scio Oregon...a great celebration. Not sure what year.
- Sherman CarterJr. & wife, Sims home in Gervais. (33 KB)
Not sure of Sherman's wife's name, but the photo was taken in the 1950's at the Lon Sims home in Gervais Oregon.
- Lon on a bike (233 KB)
Sometime in the early to mid 1950's, NW Oregon
- Henry and Dora Sims (161 KB)
At their wedding anniversary. Also David Greenup; not sure what year.
- Lon with a horn he found. (143 KB)
Lon said he found this old horn in a tree. It was a Civil War bugle, inscribed with a sergeant's name and unit.
- Carl (Toy) and Atha Belle Sims (163 KB)
...in front of one of their traveling homes. year unknown.
- Dora Sims (165 KB)
Dora Sims and her favorite camellia bush.
- The Charlie Sims family (120 KB)
Reva Porter Sims holding son Ernest, and Charlie Sims holding little daughter Violet.
- Little Sherman Carter (41 KB)
Son of Sherman carter Sr., who was Grandma Coiner's (Dora's mother) btother.
- At Lon's house in Hubbard (201 KB)
L to R: Bill Hamlett, Lola Sims Hamlett, Leonard Lowrie, Crazy Betty, front row: Bernell Sims Lowrie, Lon Sims. Possibly Thanksgiving 1969.
- Reva, Charlie, Bonnie, Arbie, Mom and Dad Sims. (161 KB)
Wonderful photo, thanks to the sender!
- The Three Sisters (159 KB)
Aunt Bertha Coiner Redford, Dora Bloom Coiner Sims, Aunt Naomi Coiner English.
- Holiday dinner at home in Hubbard, December 1957. (239 KB)
Holiday dinner at the old house in Hubbard..L To R..Henry Sims, Bonnie Irwin, Bernell Lowrie, Brenda Lowrie, Christine Lowrie, Dora Sims. Lola and Bill Hamlett..Arbie must have taken the picture.
- Gravesite in City View Cemetery, Salem Oregon (168 KB)
Vera was the daughter of Virgie Coiner Early. Virginia was Dora Coiner Sims's sister.
- Lola with Chris and Brenda. (131 KB)
Lola Hamlett with Chris and Brenda Lowrie.
- Gravesite at City View Cemetery (169 KB)
Grandma and Grandpa Sims
- Grandpa loved his grandchildren. (171 KB)
Henry Ruth Sims with Brenda Lowrie and Kenny Greenup. A lovely and unusual view of the old house!
- Three adorable Sims sisters and brother. (215 KB)
(from left) Peewee, Elsie and Erma Sims.
- Sisters..Edna, Lola and and Mable (138 KB)
The 3 Sisters.
- Lola Sims Hamlett (187 KB)
Lola and her beloved dog, "Boots". Boots was known to be nippy!
- Mom and Dad's 65th Anniversary, the last one. (188 KB)
Henry passed away in April 1968, so this must have been in November of 1967.
- Lon Sims (39 KB)
This photo was taken at the Top o' the Hill Restaurant in Aurora Oregon around 1950.
- Three More Sisters (174 KB)
L to R: Goldie Sims Speer, Mable Sims Merwin, Edna Sims (married name unknown).
- Grandpa Sims and Henry (26 KB)
Grandpa Henry Ruth Sims and grandson Henry (son of Alonzo Sims and Anna May Morse) Sims.
- Gravesite at Sunnyside in Salem Oregon. (168 KB)
Not sure which cemetery in Salem, but this is the headstone for newborn baby Mark. This baby was not named at the time of his death but Beverly Gilson and Goldie Speer chose his name and added it to the headstone.
- The back of Dad (120 KB)
There's his back, the rest of him is in the engine well of the old car! Another of his favorite hobbies, working on engines.
- Gravesite at City View Cemetery, Salem Oregon (175 KB)
Grave of Henry Coiner, brother of Dora Coiner.
- Dad eats the beach (143 KB)
One dozen eggs, one pound of bacon; probably also one gallon of coffee and one pack of cigarettes.
- Grandpa Sims, Denise, Reva, & Annita, about 1957. (166 KB)
At home in Hubbard.
- Aunt Bonnie & Aunt Goldie (107 KB)
Aunties to the power of 2.
- Dad smoking (139 KB)
It was his favorite pastime, along with working on clocks and engines, and gardening.
- Lon and clocks, Gervais clockroom (136 KB)
- Kathie Sims Greenup (22 KB)
Pansy Katherine Sims
- Lola Sims Hamlett (136 KB)
This came from her album. We think the photo was taken somewhere on the Santiam River.
- This is Uncle Loyd, working on the old car. (131 KB)
This is Uncle Loyd working on this car.
- Crazy Betty, 1965 (72 KB)
Here is Crazy Betty Kelly/Sims, taken in 1965 at Lon's house in Hubbard. Does anyone know whatever happened to this psycho?
- Loyd Lee Sims (25 KB)
- Bonnie Sims, Bill Hamlett and Mable Sims Merwin (143 KB)
- Closeup of Uncle Loyd working on the car. (67 KB)
Possibly at Gervais.
- Aunt Medie Carter (145 KB)
No idea when or where, but it's our Aunt Medie!
- Lola Sims Hamlett and her friend (115 KB)
- Here's another view of the old car. (166 KB)
I think this picture might have been taken in Gervais but not sure.
- Kathie, Bonnie, Bernell, Ernest (292 KB)
Kathie, Bonnie, Bernell Sims and their nephew, Ernest Sims, taken at Stayton, Oregon.
- Aunt Nancy and her husband (42 KB)
This is Aunt Nan. She is Grandpa Sims's sister.
- Lola (237 KB)
Lola on the family bike.
- Virgie and Naomi Coiner (271 KB)
Not sure what year.
- Grandma, Bernell and Pam. (75 KB)
Three generations of Sims women! Grandma Dora Sims, her daughter Bernell Lowrie and Bernell's daughter Pammie at the Sims family home in Hubbard. The dog's name is Boots! (photo by our Lolo)
- Lola, by the house at Hubbard (168 KB)
Photo taken around 1950. Bill in the car...Hudson or Nash?
- Lon in a suit (189 KB)
This photo was taken by the garage, at the Sims home in Hubbard.
- Lola and her beloved dog Boots. (124 KB)
Boots was known as a biting dog and was ornery.
- Lon's GMC (180 KB)
The old Jimmy at the fill-up in Salem.
- Bonnie and Bernell, at Bonnie and Arbie's wedding (95 KB)
- Loyd Sims (210 KB)
Uncle Loyd during WWII, in New Guinea.
- Dad eating a donut, somewhere in the great SW (148 KB)
This is a nostalgic photo. Here Dad is enjoying a donut and cup of coffee at a diner, while on the trip to Oklahoma in 1959.
- Another photo of Dad smoking at the river. (122 KB)
He loved smoking at the river!
- Henry Coiner, brother of Dora Bloom. (36 KB)
On the right is Uncle Henry Coiner in his World War 1 era uniform.
- Lon Sims & Sherman Carter (35 KB)
Lon and Shenman
- Lon, Donna Bullard and Judy Bullard. (158 KB)
On the bike
- Uncle Henry Coiner (18 KB)
Here is Uncle Henry Coiner. Henry is one of our favorite family names!
- Grandma Sims, daughters and grandchildren (some). (36 KB)
Bernell, Bonnie, Mom/Harold Speer, Kathie Sims and Bertha, Goldie's daughter.
- Grandma Dora and baby Denise. (153 KB)
With the cartoon-baby hat. They thought it was hilarious.
- Alonzo Sims (42 KB)
Alonzo Bliss Sims.
- Happy Anniversary, year unknown (161 KB)
Kathie's son David Greenup if the little boy in the picture.
- Aunt Goldie Speer (19 KB)
Aunt Goldie. What a sweetie! Photo by Harriet Alexander, Goldie's granddaughter.
- Bonnie Sims Irwin (29 KB)
She's our favorite Queen of the May!
- Denise Sims, Lonnie & Bernice Green. (43 KB)
Trip to Oklahoma, 1958 or '59.
- Lon and Vel, 1951 or 1952 (122 KB)
Not sure where this pic was taken, maybe in Hubbard by Grandma and Grandpa's garage.
- Aunt Nan (11 KB)
Aunt Nancy, Grandpa Henry Ruth Sims' Sister
- Henry and Denise, Gervais Oregon, August 1958 (184 KB)
You can see the main street of Gervais behind Henry, on the other side of the railroad tracks.
- Dad chillin' at the river (63 KB)
Ahhh, nice and cool...
- Sims Reunion 1966 (194 KB)
Here are the names of the people, from left to right: Bernell, Bonnie, Kathie, Loyd, Carl, Lola, Goldie, Lon, Mable, Charlie, Edna, Mom and dad.
- Lon at the Molalla River (242 KB)
He loved to put on his sandals and drive the family to the river!
- Bonnie and Arbie's wedding (312 KB)
Bride and groom Bonnie and Arbie Irwin, maid of honor and best man Bernell and Leonard Lowrie.
- This is an enlarged detail (218 KB)
Here is a closeup of some precious faces. All of these people are gone, except two.
- Tossing back a cold one at the river. (155 KB)
Budweiser? Pabst? Heidelberg?
- Grandma Dora Sims (25 KB)
Grandma, in Hubbard.
- Bonnie and Lonnie (163 KB)
Sister and brother.
- Charlie Sims (247 KB)
Charlie, with ship in background.
- Lon and Vel Sims (15 KB)
- Lola and Bill Hamlett (134 KB)
Lola and Bill during WWII. He was injured in France or Germany with shrapnel, which they were unable to remove.
- Charlie and Fish (45 KB)
A good day's catch!
- Grandpa Henry Sims and unknown person (169 KB)
Does anyone know who Grandpa Sims is standing with here?
- Andrea, Donn and baby Grant, July 2007 (73 KB)
- Maid of Honor and Best Man (100 KB)
Maid of Honor and Best Man at Bonnie and Arbie's wedding. Appropriate titles for two wonderful people, Aunt Bernell and Uncle Buck.
- Commendation (38 KB)
This is a commendation for Uncle Loyd's time in the service.
- Grandma Sims (77 KB)
Here is Grandma Sims at home in Hubbard, just before she passed away.
- Lon and Velma (209 KB)
This was taken at the beach at Lincoln City, Oregon, where we used to drive right down to the water. When it was time to leave, Mom had to back the car up the steep road to get out! Thrilling for a child to be along with these crazy people!
- Lon's house in Hubbard (55 KB)
This is Lon's historic house in Hubbard after it was sold and remodeled. Photo circa 2000.
- Dad at the river (180 KB)
- Lon and Sherman Carter Jr. (197 KB)
At the Molalla River, circa 1950's
- Lon, Dad, Henry, Uncle Sherman Carter. (39 KB)
At the family home in Hubbard.
- Lonnie Green, 1958 (38 KB)
- 60th Anniversary (160 KB)
- Clyde, OK (28 KB)
In 1958, this store was in Clyde, OK where Grandpa Henry Sims was born. The store was the only building in town.
- Lyle Speer (35 KB)
This is Goldie's son, Lyle Speer.
- Lela Baldwin Ramey (108 KB)
She is the daughter of Mae and John Baldwin, cousin to Aunt Bernell.
- The old log barn in Low Hollow Arkansas in '58-'59 (38 KB)
Lonnie Green says, "The old log barn was in Low Hollow. I seen it when Uncle Lon, Uncle Sherman
Carter and myself took a trip down there. Low Hollow is where Uncle Charlie
Sims was born. We picked up a rock from the old hog pen which was made of
stacked rocks (it was still there) mossed over. Unk Lon took that rock back
to Uncle Charlie. Unk Lon and Sherman was so excited to find the location of
the old homeplace. It was in September when we went but I packed a pistol
just for snakes just in case but never seen any.
- Howard Balcom (76 KB)
Son of Edna Sims Balcom.
- Lela Baldwin Ramey (141 KB)
This was taken at the library in Stayton Oregon at a family reunion.
- Grandpa Sims and Sherman Carter Sr. (41 KB)
I wish I could hear them playing! Photo taken in Hubbard, Oregon at the family home.
- Lon's clockroom in Gervais, 1950's. (47 KB)
- Happy Anniversary to Bernice & Lonnie Green! (93 KB)
Happy anniversary to Bernice & Lonnie!
- Lola & Bill Hamlett (22 KB)
Lola and Bill, standing in front of Lon's faithful GMC diesel truck. Photo (most likely) by Lon Sims.
- Mom with Bernell (40 KB)
- Bernell and Bonnie Sims (137 KB)
Queen of the May? Taken at Hubbard. Bernell's dress was blue with black piping.
- Lola and Goldie Sims (34 KB)
- Mom and Goldie (59 KB)
- Loyd and Elaine (143 KB)
Uncle Loyd and the love of his life, Elaine.
- Elsie, Lon and Toy Sims. (30 KB)
This photo sent to me by Elsie Howe..it was taken in August, 1939.
- Goldie, Lon & Mable (54 KB)
- Lola and Mable Sims (44 KB)
the Flapper Sisters!
- At Grandma's house in Hubbard (63 KB)
- Bonnie babysitting (37 KB)
...and the kid's names are; the boy in the front is Harold, the girl is Bertha Mae, and the small boy she's holding is Lyle (Speer).
- My three Aunties! (36 KB)
- Kids outside an unknown school in Salem. (54 KB)
Kids names are: Second from the left, Carl Sims; fourth from left, Lon Sims; Lola Sims, Goldie Sims; Loyd is the little boy in the front.
- Everybody (65 KB)
Back row: Clifton Cole; Mabel Sims Cole; Dora Sims; Henry Sims; Mae Baldwin; John Baldwin; Next row: Kathy Sims; Baldwin girl; Bonnie Sims (?); Bernell Sims in front of Kathy; Loyd Sims? Probably the rest are Baldwins.