Maddox Family HomepageUpdated September 5, 2000
Brandon L. Maddox
2912 Harrison Avenue, Apt. G
Panama City, FL 32405-4483
Edit Your Page
|Below is the information I have on my Maddox Family Genealogy. I hope you will contact me if you find information on any of these individuals. Most of these people came from GA or North AL, esp. Cherokee County, AL.
Descendants of Jasper Maddox
Generation No. 1
1. JASPER2 MADDOX (JOHN DOE1) was born 1837 in From SC, and died Unknown in During Civil War, rest unknown, died of TB. He married (1) RUFUS MAYFIELD. He married (2) MARGARET SMITH July 30, 1854 in Married by J. Trout in Floyd Co., GA, daughter of WILLIAM SMITH.
Children of JASPER MADDOX and MARGARET SMITH are:
2. i. MARION JASPER3 MADDOX, b. September 07, 1865, GA (?); d. April 11, 1933, Floyd County, GA.
3. ii. SARAH E. (OR SALLY) MADDOX, b. 1855, GA.
4. iii. FRANKLIN C. MADDOX, b. 1858; d. April 04, 1912.
5. iv. QUEEN VICTORIA MADDOX, b. 1863; d. 1894, died of TB; Mt Zion Cemetery.
v. MARY MADDOX, b. 1867; d. 1882, from asthma.
Generation No. 2
2. MARION JASPER3 MADDOX (JASPER2, JOHN DOE1) was born September 07, 1865 in GA (?), and died April 11, 1933 in Floyd County, GA. He married FANNIE GREEN June 27, 1886 in Married at John B. Green's in presence of R.F. Durham, signed E.A. Hall, daughter of JOHN GREEN and ELIZA DURHAM.
Children of MARION MADDOX and FANNIE GREEN are:
6. i. WILLIAM JACKSON4 MADDOX, b. January 27, 1888, GA; d. April 12, 1960, GA.
7. ii. JOHN DAVID MADDOX, b. April 09, 1890, Cherokee County, AL; d. October 04, 1954, Shelby County, AL (Enon Cemetary, Montecallo).
8. iii. CHARLES AUSTIN MADDOX, SR., b. May 20, 1905; d. August 01, 1967.
9. iv. JAMES CARDON MADDOX, b. June 09, 1901; d. December 25, 1965.
10. v. WALTER LEE MADDOX, b. August 31, 1895; d. April 02, 1960.
11. vi. MAUDE OZELLA MADDOX, b. October 09, 1892; d. October 17, 1981.
12. vii. ETHEL MAE MADDOX, b. March 18, 1910; d. June 22, 1983.
13. viii. HOMER SEWELL MADDOX, b. August 11, 1914; d. 1961.
ix. THOMAS J. MADDOX, b. March 1899; d. May 28, 1900.
3. SARAH E. (OR SALLY)3 MADDOX (JASPER2, JOHN DOE1) was born 1855 in GA. She married JOE WHITE.
Children of SARAH MADDOX and JOE WHITE are:
i. FRANK4 WHITE.
ii. JIM WHITE.
iii. MAGGIE WHITE.
4. FRANKLIN C.3 MADDOX (JASPER2, JOHN DOE1) was born 1858, and died April 04, 1912. He married WILSON.
Children of FRANKLIN MADDOX and WILSON are:
i. CHARLIE4 MADDOX.
ii. LEE MADDOX.
iii. WINSTON MADDOX.
iv. GUS MADDOX.
v. ROLAND MADDOX.
vi. VERA MADDOX.
5. QUEEN VICTORIA3 MADDOX (JASPER2, JOHN DOE1) was born 1863, and died 1894 in died of TB; Mt Zion Cemetery. She married RUFUS FURMAN (JOHN) DURHAM, son of WARREN DURHAM and EMILY HAMPTON.
Children of QUEEN MADDOX and RUFUS DURHAM are:
14. i. JULIA ANN4 DURHAM.
ii. LULA DURHAM, m. AUTHUR MCABEE, November 26, 1905, Cherokee County, AL.
iii. EULA DURHAM.
iv. JOHN FRANK DURHAM, m. NOBIE MCCARLEY, August 09, 1912.
Generation No. 3
6. WILLIAM JACKSON4 MADDOX (MARION JASPER3, JASPER2, JOHN DOE1) was born January 27, 1888 in GA, and died April 12, 1960 in GA. He married IDA HILL November 11, 1909 in Atlanta, GA, daughter of JAMES HILL and MARGARET NIX.
Children of WILLIAM MADDOX and IDA HILL are:
15. i. PAUL WILLIAM5 MADDOX, b. November 20, 1923, Cherokee County, AL.
16. ii. HERMAN JACKSON MADDOX, b. August 15, 1910, AL; d. April 09, 1980, AL.
17. iii. LOTHER RICHARD MADDOX, b. January 08, 1915, AL; d. May 28, 1992, FL nursing home.
iv. ALMA ELBERTA MADDOX, b. July 12, 1913, AL; d. April 10, 1996, AL; m. (1) EULYS M. PEEK; m. (2) LEE PRESTON.
18. v. ALDA MAE MADDOX, b. January 19, 1919; d. August 07, 1965.
19. vi. LUTHER LEE MADDOX, b. July 15, 1920, Cherokee County, AL; d. April 20, 1987, Cherokee County, AL.
7. JOHN DAVID4 MADDOX (MARION JASPER3, JASPER2, JOHN DOE1) was born April 09, 1890 in Cherokee County, AL, and died October 04, 1954 in Shelby County, AL (Enon Cemetary, Montecallo). He married BERTHA KISOR December 24, 1911 in Cherokee County, AL.
Children of JOHN MADDOX and BE
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|