After reading this introduction, please scroll down to see available on-line data and files.
The "Tree" Reports use ahnentafel numbers. The primary individual in my main family history tree is my daughter Alexandra George Mair who is number (1) A person's father's number is twice that of the person so I am Ed Mair (2), my father is George Fisk Mair (4), my grandfather is George Mair (8) and so on. A wife has the number of her husband + 1. Evelyn Thurber Mair (9) is my grandmother. I have keyed photo descriptions to these ahnentafel numbers.
When browsing a tree, you may press the letter F to pop up an index of available individuals. Double click an individual in the index and the Tree will jump to their box location. Single click on an individual's box and press the letter D to pop up details on that individual including an ahnentafel number. Happy browsing!
I am working on all four of my grandparents' family histories. They are George Mair (8) born in Scotland, Evelyn Thurber (9) born in New Jersey, Granville Baum (10) born in Virginia, and Katherine Conover (11) born in New Jersey.
One special interest I have is the Gerrish Family. I have five lines of descent from William Gerrish (4672) who settled in Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts in 1639.
My great great great grandmother Mary Bartlett Gerrish Thurber Wood sits at the center of my family web.
Mary Bartlett Gerrish was born March 24, 1815 in Boscawen, NH, and died June 3, 1884 in W. Lebanon, NH. She married first Jefferson Gage Thurber (72) Mar. 6, 1834 in Monroe, MI, After his death she returned to New Hampshire and married second Samuel Wood (74) Sept. 05, 1871 in W. Lebanon, NH.
Mary's parents were first cousins.
- Mary's Gerrish lineage through her father Thomas (146) is Henry (292), Stephen (584), Joseph (1168), Moses (2336), William (4672).
- Mary's lineage through her mother Betsey (147) is Joseph (294), Stephen (588), Joseph (1176), Moses (2352), and William (4704).
- Samuel Wood (74) is the son of Joseph Wood (148), the centenarian (1759-1859) - see picture below. Samuel Wood's mother was Sarah Gerrish (149). Sarah's lineage through her father Henry (298) is Stephen (596), Joseph (1192), Moses (2384), William (4768).
- Samuel Wood's first wife was Lydia Gerrish (145). Lydia's Gerrish lineage through her father Issac (290) is Enoch (580), Stephen (1160), Joseph (2320), Moses (4640), William (9280).
Samuel Wood's daughter by Lydia Gerrish was Sarah Augusta Wood (37).
Rev. Edward Gerrish Thurber (36) is the son of Mary Bartlett Gerrish (73) and Jefferson Gage Thurber (72). He married his step father's daughter, Sarah Augusta Wood (37). They are my great great grandparents. - see pictures below
Samuel Wood, Mary Bartlett Gerrish, Lydia Gerrish, Rev. Edward Gerrish Thurber, Sarah Augusta Wood, Joseph Wood, and Sarag Gerrish are all buried near each other in the West Lebanon, NH cemetery.
Rev. Thurber (36)was the minister of the American Church in Paris, France where my great grandmother Bertha Fisk (19) met my great grandfather Dr. Samuel Wood Thurber (18) - see pictures below.
Mary Bartlett Gerrish's relatives include several U S Presidents, Judge Samuel Sewell, Rev. John Hale, Dr. Josiah Bartlett, Nathan Hale, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, John Greenleaf Whittier, Louisa May Alcott, Tennesee Williams, and Ralph Waldo Emerson. Please see Presidents & Poets, and Witches & Judges files below.
To see royal descents please select Anjou, Geofrey Plantagent Count in either the My Family History Index or using F in the My Family History InterneTree. Lydia Gerrish's possible royal descent is also traced in the Kings & Nobility file below.
I am indebted to earlier family historians for much of what I have learned. These fine cousins include Ruth Bartlett Albert, Sandra Clunies, Kathryn Davitt, Florence Gargaro, Elizabeth Baum Hanbury, Frances G. McEvoy, Joanne E. Martin, and Bill O'N
- Edward Gerrish Mair (2) & Family (160 KB)
Edward Gerrish Mair (2), sister Margaret Granville Mair, father George Fisk Mair (4), mother Jean Baum Mair (5). Northampton, MA 1960
- Mary Bartlett Gerrish Thurber Wood (73) & Family (115 KB)
A photo taken between 1880 & 1884 of MBGTW (73) and her second husband Samuel Wood, children, and grandchildren.
- Bertha Fisk Thurber (19) & Evelyn Thurber Mair (9) (163 KB)
Bertha Fisk Thurber (19) holding great grandson Edward Gerrish Mair (2). George Mair (8) in background. Evelyn Thurber Mair(9. Portrait of Mary Bartlett Gerrish (73) on wall. David Thurber Mair, brother of George Fisk Mair (4) at grave of Evelyn Thurber Mair (9).
- Sarah Augusta Wood (37) (33 KB)
Sarah Agusta Wood (37), daughter of Samuel Wood (74)and Lydia Gerrish (75), wife of Edward Gerrish Thurber (36).
- Edward Marion Baum (20) and Gertrude Baum Baum (21 (144 KB)
Edward Marion Baum married his first cousin Gertrude Baum. This is a picture of them with their children including Granville Vernon Baum (10) in lower right corner.
- Home of Mary Bartlett Gerrish Thurber Wood (73) (29 KB)
The home of Mary and her second husband Samuel Wood in West Lebabnon, NH. They and son Edward Gerrish Thurber and his wife Sarah Augusta Wood are buried nearby.
- Jean Baum Mair (5) and Katherine Conover Baum (11) (119 KB)
Jean Baum Mair (5) and Katherine Conover Baum (11) and Edward Marion Baum (20) and Gertrude Baum (21) in Trenton, NJ 1920s.
- Martha Clough (293) wife of Henry Gerrish (292) (71 KB)
A silohuette and the circa 1749 wedding dress of Martha Clough (293,299)wife of Henry Gerrish (292,298) who lived in Boscawen, NH.
- John Fred Conover (22) Family circa 1910 (96 KB)
Katherine Conover (Mrs. Granville Baum)(11), Willis Conover, Ruth Conover (Mrs. Joseph Potts), Elsie Van Note (23), John Fred Conover (22)
- Gravestone of Richard Bartlett - Newburyport, MA (244 KB)
Gravestone of Richard Bartlett (2360)at the Sawyer Hill Burying Ground in Newburyport, MA. Richard and Hannah Emery Bartlett (2361) are ancestors of Mary Bartlett Gerrish (73) and Josiah Bartlett (Mary's first cousin 3R), the second signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- Bertha Fisk Thurber (19) and daughters circa 1905 (203 KB)
Louisa Thurber (Mrs. William Taggart), Evelyn Thurber (Mrs. George Mair)(9), Bertha Fisk (Mrs. Samuel Wood Thurber)
- Josiah Bartlett House - Kingston, NH (29 KB)
The home of Josiah Bartlett, Signer of Declaration of Independence, the first cousin, 3R, of Mary Bartlett Gerrish (73).
- Rev. George Mair (8) & Grandfather George Mair(32) (68 KB)
(Aberdeen, Scotland circa 1905) Rev. George Mair and his grandfather George Mair. The latter is the GGG grandfather of Alexandra George Mair.
- Josiah Bartlett 's desk in Kingston, NH home. (25 KB)
Josiah Bartlett was President and Governor of New Hampshire, a doctor, and a patriot.
- Rev. Edward Gerrish Thurber (36) 1865 (15 KB)
The Rev. Edward Gerrish Thurber husband of Sarah Augusta Wood (37)and Minister of the American Church in Paris, France. May 22, 1865
- Judge Samuel Sewell (113 KB)
Samuel Sewell is famous for the Salem witch trials and the diaries which he kept. He was the brother of Jane Sewell (1169,1193) who married Moses Gerrish (1168,1192). Mary Bartlett Gerrish is descended from Jane and Moses.
- Bertha Fisk Thurber (19) Age 8 (36 KB)
Bertha Fisk Thurber (19) daughter of Harvey Fisk (38) and Louisa Green (39)1860s and mother of Evelyn Thurber Mair (9).
- Joseph Wood (148) (b. 1759 d. 1859) (31 KB)
The father of Samuel Wood (74)who married Mary Bartlett Gerrish Thurber Wood (73) and the grandfather of Sarah Augusta Wood (37)who married Rev. Edward Gerrish Thurber (36).