- Cora and William Sparks (19 KB)
Rochester, Texas in the 1920s
- This is the grave of Emily Cook Pettit. (15 KB)
My great great grandmother was born in Alabama and after marrying young, died at the age of 42. She must have been a special lady.
- Nan and Dock Gregory (35 KB)
Nan was the oldest daughter of William H. and Lizzie (Alexander) Hightower. Pictured with her is her husband, Dock Gregory.
- George B. and Louissa (Pettiet) Cook (16 KB)
This picture was taken sometime between 1905 and 1916. As you see George is holding his Bible (he was known as a traveling minister) and Louissa has something unidentified in her hand. Louissa was the daughter of Walker and Keziah and sister to James Mack. George was the son of John Hollis and Sarah (Austill) Cook and brother of Emily - James Mack's second wife! My what a tangled web...
- My Granny and her siblings (87 KB)
Pictured here about 1911 are (l-r)back: Bud, Ed, Nan - holding Dud - Sis and Gus. In front: Bill, Pearl and Jim.
- Children of Oscar and Nora Pettiet (47 KB)
Pictured are Terrell, Clifford, Benjamin Franklin, Opal and Henry Roy Pettiet at a family reunion about 1951
- Mary Edna (my granny) and her sisters (12 KB)
This picture may have been taken on the day of their father, William Hightower's death. William Henry died on November 16, 1941.
- My great grandparents, the Hightowers. (60 KB)
Lizzie (Alexander) and William H. Hightower - parents of my Granny, Mary Edna. This was taken on their wedding day September 24, 1894. They lived in Erath County and died there.
- Green Hill Hightower and Mary L. Battles (27 KB)
This is the father of William H. Hightower and my great great grandfather. Pictured with him is his second wife, Mary Legunia Battles. Picture taken in Arkansas about 1910.
- Rule, TX about 1929 (110 KB)
Oscar and Nora with daughter, Opal and son, Terrell.
- Families of Hardie and Oscar Pettiet (40 KB)
Taken in 1916 - picture features the families of
brothers Hardie and Oscar - sons of James Mack and
Emily (Brewer) Pettiet
- The Hightower siblings with their mother, Lizzie. (58 KB)
To the best of my knowledge ... this picture was taken following the funeral of William Hightower 'Pa' in November 1941 in Erath County - near Harbin, Texas.
- Terrell Pettiet and family (40 KB)
Taken about 1951 at family reunion - Terrell and his family with his parents, Oscar and Nora Pettiet (my great grandparents).
- Oschman family (42 KB)
This is a picture of my great grandmother and her family. Her name was Winnie Oschman. Pictured with her are her parents and siblings.
- Wilburn Pettiet (241 KB)
Wilburn Pettiet - born May 20, 1920 and died July 1, 1976. Oldest son of Mary Edna and Henry Roy Pettiet.
- William and wife, Martha (Rien) Hightower (7 KB)
Brother of Green Hill Hightower - pictured with his wife Martha.
- My father and his siblings (14 KB)
Taken in Hobbs, New Mexico about 1941 or 1942. Pictured sitting are Herman, Elizabeth and Wilburn - standing behind are my father, Joy Lee and Dureeze.
- Family of Edgar and Emily (Focht) Loew (43 KB)
Pictured are my grandparents - Edgar and Emily (Focht) Loew and their children - (l-r)Frank, Bill, Louise, Betty, Jack and Edgar.
- Elizabeth Rebecca (Alexander) Hightower .... (61 KB)
Lizzie (Ma) in the center holding her youngest daughter, Imogene, daughter - Bill on her right, Pearl on her left with two of the grandchildren at Lizzie's feet.
- Hightowers - 1979 (129 KB)
This picture was taken at the Hightower family reunion in June 1979. Pictured are Pearl, Kid, Jim and Imogene - standing. Sitting are Nan, Bill, Gus and Sis.
- My father and his siblings (51 KB)
This picture was taken about 1979 at the family reunion. Pictured are (l-r) Herman and Meryle Pettiet, Thomas (Uncle Nubbin) and Dureeze Reynolds, CA and Elizabeth Murdock, and my father, Joy Lee and my stepmother, Donna Joy (Smith).
- Geneva (Pettiet) and husband, Edward Odes Cozby (47 KB)
This is a picture of Geneva Pettiet and her husband Edward Odes Cozby - her mother in law and her children. Geneva was a daughter of James Mack and Emily and the younger sister of my great grandfather Oscar. Her son is named after her brother.
- 1951 Reunion - Pettiet family (47 KB)
This picture was taken in Abilene, Texas.
- Benjamin Franklin and family (14 KB)
This picture was taken in 1951 at a family reunion. Pictured are Benjamin Franklin and family with parents, Oscar and LeNora (Head) Pettiet.
- My father and his surviving siblings and spouses (22 KB)
Pictured in June 2000 are Herman and Meryle Pettiet, Joy Lee and wife Donna Joy and sister, Elizabeth Murdock. This was taken at the annual Hightower reunion held each June in Dublin, Texas.
- Mary Edna and sisters (32 KB)
This is a picture of Mary Edna, her sister Gus and Clara (Sis). This picture is taken about 1940 or so.
- Terrell Pettiet family with Grandma and Grandpa (40 KB)
Terrell and his family with Oscar and LeNora plus Judge Allen's two sons. (1951)
- W.H. and Lizzie Hightower (19 KB)
This picture was taken about 1930 or so - near Dublin, TX. Pa was known for his pipe and hat and Lizzie ('Ma) for her softness and sweet smile.
- Ma's house with Ma and Mary Edna (36 KB)
This is taken from behind Ma's house - Mary Edna is in the foreground as Ma and her walk to the house. You can see that there was lots of company this day. Taken about 1940 at house located midway between Dublin and Stephenville.
- Clifford Cleon Pettiet and family (18 KB)
1951 - Clifford and his family with Oscar and LeNora.
- My family (18 KB)
Pictured are my parents - sisters, brother, David and all of our children. Missing was youngest sister, Emily and her family and my son, Matthew and his wife. Dana's son Jesse and Dona's son, John were also missing. This was taken in June 2000 at the Hightower reunion in Dublin, TX.
- Ma's house up close .... (38 KB)
This is a picture of the back of Ma's house - up close. Note the size of the tree and the proximity.
- Granny and sisters (77 KB)
This was taken sometime about 1964 or 1965 at the Lower Greens Cemetery. Pictured are (L-R) Imogene (Hightower) Payne, Mary Edna (Hightower) Pettiet, and Gussie (Hightower) Ragland.