The Descendants of Daniel and Mary McLean of ScotlandUpdated April 29, 2001
Robert James McLean
405 - 1042 Nelson St.
Vancouver, B.C. V6E 1H8
|My aunt Marian and I are just starting out on our journey back in history, searching for my great, great grandfather, Daniel McLean (MacLean).
So far there has been very little success finding anything on him or my great, great grandmother Mary Elizabeth (Allan)McLean. They emigrated from Scotland and settled in Portage du Fort, Quebec, Canada. We think that the "a" was dropped when they went through Immigration. There is information from that era but none from Scotland. Although I have searched the Scots Origin site, I have not been able to find any records yet.
My father always told me that Daniel came from Mull, Scotland but when I was there 3 years ago, I could find no records of him or any of his children. Mary Elizabeth Allan is supposedly from Greenoch, Scotland, but again, I could not find any records. Luckily, my aunt Marian and I are working on this together to support each other. We keep hoping that we will discover that one clue that will send us on our way.
1. Daniel McLean (MacLean) born 1821 - 1822 Scotland, city unknown, married Mary Elizabeth Allan, born 1816, Greenoch Scotland
11. John McLean b. 1841
11. Elizabeth McLean b. 1843 married Mountain Jack Thomson
11. George McLean b. 1845 d. 1890 Lower Litchfield, Que
married Elizabeth Thomson b. 1849 Lower Litchfield 11. Neil McLean b. 1847 - 1848 married Jane Thomson
11. Daniel Thomas McLean b. Feb 16, 1851
11. Mary McLean b. Nov 28, 1853 married Peter Allan Ferguson
11. James McLean Oct 25, 1855
11. Isabella McLean b. May 28, 1858 married Mountain Jack Thomson after the death of Elizabeth
11. Catherine McLean b. September 27, 1860
Edit Your Page
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|