Starting Sept. 5, 2014, Genealogy.com will be making a big change. GenForum
message boards, Family Tree Maker homepages, and the most popular articles
will be preserved in a read-only format, while several other features will
no longer be available, including member subscriptions and the Shop.
This is a site dedicated to my Ancestors. My ancestors were from Germany. Most came to America in the 1830's and 1840's. They came from the Duchy's of Oldenburg, Hanover, Lippe, Westfalen, Wurrtenburg, and Bavaria. To see a list of all the surnames related to me please click on the text link that says 115 surnames that I am related to. I have also included maps, village locations, Germany information, and much more. Click on Villages in Germany, to see which villages in Germany my ancestors came from and what families lived in which villages.
You can also visit http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/tuente/Index.com
This is another web site I created on my ancestory. Go to Ancestory.com to view my family trees. A link below tells you what family trees you can search for at ancestory.com. I hope you enjoy my web site. Please e-mail any comments or suggestions you may have.
Daniel G Meyer
14525 Mendenhall Rd.
Yorkshire, OH 45388
Edit Your Page
- Photograph of Dorthy Meyer (110 KB)
Dorthy is a sister to my grandfather Jerome Meyer
- Photograph of Overman family (84 KB)
This is a picture of Bernard Overman and his family. Bernard was a brother to my great great grandmother Caroline Overman
- Photograph of Matthias Schneider home in Freyburg (29 KB)
Matthias Schneider was my great great grandfather. He married Mary Ann Schnippel. The parents of Matthias were Gedious Schneider and Helena Witt. The parents of Mary Ann Schnippel were John Henry Schnippel and Florentina Reineke
- A map of Germany divided into states (70 KB)
The blue region is Lower Saxony, the yellow region is Westfalen, the most southern colored region is Wurttenburg
- Photograph of Valentine Veit Sr. & his family (91 KB)
This is a photograph of the family of Valentine Veit Sr.
- This is my family tree (64 KB)
This tree shows my connection to the Luebke, Brackman, Kohrs, Putoff, Tangemann, Tuente, Buddendict, Liensch, Kruthaup, Reineke, Schneider, Fisher, Wieman, Schnippel, Fleck, and Steinke families.
- Home of John Bernard Meyer (92 KB)
John Bernard Meyer was my great great grandfather. He immigrated from Grapperhausen, Germany in the 1840's.
- Photograph of Joseph Veit (11 KB)
Joseph Veit was a brother to my great great great grandfather, Valentine Veit Sr.
- A photograph of my grandparents (64 KB)
This is a photograph of my grandparents on the Meyer side and on the Tuente side of my family.
- Steinke coat of arms and family shield (43 KB)
This is the coat of arms of the Steinke family. The Steinke family is from the town of Voltage in the Duchy of Oldenburg.
- Photograph of Jerome Bernard Meyer (53 KB)
This is a picture of my grandfather Jerome Bernard Meyer and his sister Dorthy Meyer.
- This is a map of the Germany (109 KB)
This is a map of Germany which shows were my ancestors came from. The regions it shows are the Niedersachen region and the Nordrhein-Westphalia region.
- Schneider family shield (54 KB)
This is the Schneider family sheild and coat of arms. The Schneider family was from the village of Koenigwinter in Germany
- Photograph of Fred Winner & Elisabeth Bruns (51 KB)
Fred Winner & Elisabeth Bruns were the parents of my great grandmother Caroline Winner. Caroline married my great grandfather Ben Tuente Jr.
- George Nicholas Fisher & Flora Schneider (83 KB)
This is a photograph of my great grandparents. They lived in Freyburg, Ohio and had 12 children
- Photograph of Matthias Schneider & Mary Ann (203 KB)
Matthias Schneider & Mary Ann Schnippel were my great great grandparents. They had 15 children and there daughter Flora Schneider married my great grandfather George Nicholas Fisher. There daughter Linda Mary Fisher was my grandmother on my dads side.
- Photograph of Leona Tuente (Brackman) (48 KB)
Leona is my grandmother. She married Elmer Tuente and had 4 children.
- Photograph of John Henry Schnippel & Florentina (70 KB)
This is a picture of John Henry Schnippel & Florentina Reineke. They are my great great great grandparents on my fathers side. They were the parents of Mary Ann Schnippel who married Matthias Schneider.
- Photograph of Kenneth Joseph Meyer (61 KB)
This is a picture of my father. He married Carol Jean Tuente on 5-1-1965
- Photograph of Anthony Winner & Caroline Hoyng (58 KB)
This is a photograph of my great great great grandparents on my mothers side of the family. There son Fred Winner married Elisabeth Bruns.
- Photograph of Marie Agnes Boeckman (14 KB)
This is a photograph of my great great great grandmother Marie Agnes Boeckman. She was married to Henry Overman. She was from Damme, Germany. Her father was Joan Heinrich Boeckman. Her mother was Marie Inderreiden. Her gandparents were Gerhard Inderreiden who married Marie Huelsman of Handrup.
- Photograph of John Bernard Meyer & Agnes Putoff (245 KB)
This is a picture of my great great grandparents on my fathers side. They came from Grapperhausen near Neuenkirchen, Germany
- Photograph of Marie Agnes Putoff (46 KB)
Marie Agnes Putoff was from near Damme Germany. Her vilages name was Osterfeine. Her parents were John Henry Putoff and Marie Agnes Putoff. The parents of her father were Franz Heinrich Putoff and Maria Tangemann. Maria Agnes Putoff was my great great grandmother. She married John Bernard Meyer in 1850 in Cincinati, Ohio at the Old St. Mary's Church. They are buried in Minster, Ohio
- The origin of the Boeckman Surname (4 KB)
The Boeckman surname origin
- Klienhens History (95 KB)
Database containing history of Mercer County Kleinhenz family
- Ancestors who were of Nobility (17 KB)
I do have some ancestors who were lower level Nobility. One even killed the King of Sweden in the 30 years war.
- Origin of the Steinke surname (4 KB)
My Steinke ancestors came from Voltage, Germany
- Desendants of Micheal Veit (10 KB)
This database list the desendants of Micheal Veit and Elisabeth Strohm
- Joseph Heinrich Bruns desendants (92 KB)
This is a list of the desendants of Joseph Heinrich Bruns & Antonetta Schunk of Egypt,Ohio
- Dead ends on my research (5 KB)
These are dead ends in my research that I need more information on.
- Origin of the Hagemann name (4 KB)
My Hagemann ancestor was Catherine Hageman who married John Henry Pohlmann in the 1830's and immigrated to Maria Stein, Ohio.
- Desendants of Henry Overman & Marie Agnes Boeckman (59 KB)
Henry Overman and Marie Agnes Boeckman raised their family in Maria Stein, Ohio. Both Henry & Marie Agnes were immigrants from Germany in the 1830's. Marie Agnes came from Damme.
- Immigration dates (6 KB)
This is a list of immigration dates for various ancestors of mine.
- Origin of Becker surname (5 KB)
My Becker relation comes from the marriage of Matthias Schneider & Anna Becker. They had two children. Gedious Schneider and his sister Anna
- This is the Biography of Blazius Fisher (14 KB)
Blazius was my great great great grandfather from Wyhl, Germany.
- Desendants of Johann Franz Christian Winner (91 KB)
Johann Franz Christian Winner & Maria Catherina Huessmann were married in 1829. Both were immigrants from Germany in the early 1830's. They lived near Egypt, Ohio.
- Other family trees I created (5 KB)
This is a list of family trees I created in various internet sites for ancestors of mine.
- The origin of the Baumer surname (4 KB)
My Baumer family connection comes from the mariage of Bernard Buddendict and Anna Baumer. They were from Ostbevern, Germany
- The origin of the Schneider surname (4 KB)
Gives location and origin of the Schneider surname
- Desendants of John Henry Pohlmann & Catherine (91 KB)
Both John Henry Pohlmann and Catherine Hagemann were immirants from Osnabruck, Germany in the former Kingdom of Hanover. Their children included Henry, Herman, Nicholas, and Berhardina.
- Origin of frarm names (16 KB)
This gives a description of how farm names and surnames originated in the Oldenburg and Westfalen regions of North western Germany.
- Origin of the Boeckman surname (4 KB)
My Boeckman connection came from the marriage of Henry Overman and Marie Agnes Boeckman.
- German names (12 KB)
Descriptions of German names
- Burial locations (8 KB)
This site tells you were some of my ancestors are burried.
- 115 surnames I am related to (8 KB)
These are all the surnames that you will find in my family tree today.
- Desendants of Andreas Fisher (344 KB)
This Fisher database goes back as early as the 1600's.
- Church names (9 KB)
This is a site that list some of the churches my ancestors worshiped in, got married in, and baptised in.
- Ancestors birth dates and village locations (10 KB)
This is a list of my earliest known ancestors for each family that is related to me. I am searching for the parents names and brothers and sisters names of these ancestors.
- Orgin of Fisher surname (5 KB)
This is a link that shows the orgin of the Fisher surname.
- Villages in Germany (8 KB)
This is a list of villages in Germany that my ancestors came from. It also list which families came from which villages.
- Marriage list (5 KB)
This is a list of marriage dates for some of my ancestors.
- Origin of the Pohlmann name in Germany (4 KB)
Origin of the Pohlmann surname
- Tuente Desendants (9 KB)
This is a list of all the desendants of Elmer Tuente & Leona Brackman
- Families of my Ancestors (13 KB)
This is a list of the children of various ancestors of mine. This is a great source for people to see who is related to me.
- Desendants of Raymond Kleinhenz (8 KB)
Raymond Kleinhenz was a grandson of Arnold Kleinhenz and Berhardina Pohlmann