- Elmo D. Murphey (36 KB)
Elmo Dean Murphey taking water from the well.
- Henrietta Schoenrock Murphey Headstone (140 KB)
Resting place of Henrietta Schoenrock Murphey, wife of Edward Davis Murphey at Mount Hope Cemetery, Independence, Kansas.
- Headstone of Almira M. House (84 KB)
ALMIRA M. daughter of Benejah M. and Almira M. House - died August 23, 1846 - aged 17yrs.
- Kenneth Murphey (48 KB)
Photo taken in 2005 of Kenneth Murphey at his home in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Headstone of Fanny M. House (299 KB)
FANNY M. daughter of Benejah M. and Almira M. House - died April 1, 1844 - aged 13yrs.
- Louella Blosser Headstone (126 KB)
Resting place of Louella Blosser at Mount Hope Cemetery, Independence, Kansas.
- Almira and Fanny House Headstones, Exeter Cemetery (159 KB)
The House Family Plot - Almira M. and Fanny M. House.
- Exeter Center, New York c. 1900 (32 KB)
A picture of Exeter Center at the turn of the century.The store is the Horan Store, walls of laid field stone. Some of the wall still stands today.
- Lynne Codding Murphey (68 KB)
Resting place of Lynne C. Murphey (Grandma Lynne) at
Memorial Park, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Headstone of Jeremiah House II (168 KB)
Photo contributed by Mary Ellen Jochim - Our Father - Jeremiah House - Died Feb. 24, 1876 - age
78y's 1m 17d's - erected by G.F. House - Pleasant Valley Cemetery, Iowa.
- Phoebe Murphey Headstone (118 KB)
Resting place of Phoebe (Phebe) Murphey, wife of Edmond Murphey, at West Point Cemetery, West Point, Indiana.
- Lavinia (Freeman) Benton (97 KB)
Lavinia Benton, grandmother of Mamie B. Henrie.
- Headstone of Fanny (Blinn) House (272 KB)
Conributed by Mary Elin Jochim - Our Mother - FANNY - wife of Jeremiah House - died April 13, 1869 - age 67y's 6m 9d's - erected by G.F.House in the Pleasant Valley Cemetery, Iowa.
- First Presbyterian Church, Independence, Kansas (113 KB)
Church where Robert Dean Murphey and Camille M. House were married in Independence, Kansas.
- Grandmother Lynne Codding and Ancestors (116 KB)
Lynne Codding, Mary Anne (Benton) Henry - grandmother of Lynne, Mamie (Henry) Codding - mother of Lynne, Lavinia (Freeman) Benton - great grandmother of Lynne
- Camille Mildred House Murphey (8 KB)
A favorite photo of my mother.
- Cemantha Bell Murpey Blosser (129 KB)
Resting place of Cemantha (Samantha) Bell Murphey Blosser, mother of Louella at Mount Hope Cemetery, Independence, Kansas.
- Great Grandfather - Julian Knight Codding (115 KB)
Julian Knight Codding, father of Lynne Codding, country lawyer, warden of Kansas State Prison at Leavenworth, Kansas, and lawman.
- Harry M. House and wife Bertha Cepek House (18 KB)
Taken in Oklahoma City, not shown in the photo is Camille, whom they are holding in their laps. Harry is looking at her.
- Adam Sanford Blosser Headstone (134 KB)
Resting place of Adam Sanford Blosser, husband of Samantha B., and father of Louella Blosser at Mount Hope Cemetery, Independence, Kansas.
- Mathilde (Matilda or Tillie) Bothe Codding (65 KB)
"Tillie" (Bothe) Codding, Wife of William Vernon Codding - picture circa 1922.
- Family of Harry and Bertha House c.1945 (14 KB)
F.R. - Jeane, Camille, George, B.R. - Harry, and
David. George had just been discharged from the service, Jeane was still in the service and stationed at Galesburg, Ill., Harry was still at Kemper Military School, and David was in High School.
- Farm of Josiah Alonzo Bosworth (70 KB)
This farm is located near LeRaysville, Bradford County, Pa. Near the house is the family cemetery now known as the Bosworth Cemetery. It is the resting place of the early Codding settelers of Pike Township, David and Susanna Wood Codding. Josiah Alonzo is the son of Jackson Kemper Bosworth and David and Susanna Coddings daughter, Mary Adams Codding.
- Alphonso House (5 KB)
Father of George M. House, grandfather of Harry M.
- David Codding - Bradford County, Pa. (128 KB)
Resting Place of David Codding of Pike Township, Bradford County, Pa. located on the farm of Josiah Alonzo Bosworth near LeRaysville, Pa.
- Dr. David Seabury Codding (142 KB)
Resting place of Dr. David Seabury Codding, son of David and Susanna Wood Codding of Pike Township, Bradford County Pa., near LeRaysville Pa. on the farm of Josiah Alonzo Bosworth.
- Asenath Celinda Ladd Codding (154 KB)
Resting place of Asenath Celinda Ladd, wife of Dr. David Seabury Codding, on the farm of Josiah Alonzo Bosworth near LeRaysville, Pike Township, Bradford County, Pa.
- A. Wesley Codding (123 KB)
Resting place of Abner Wesley Codding, infant son of David and Susanna Wood Codding, on the farm of Josiah Alonzo Bosworth near LeRaysville, Pike Township, Bradford County, Pa.
- Headstone of Susan M. Murphey Fridley (121 KB)
Resting place of Susan M. Murphey Fridley, wife of John Fridley, at West Point Cemetery, West Point, Indiana.
- Thomas N. and Susan E. Murphey Headstones (167 KB)
Resting place of Thomas Newton Murphey and his wife Susan Elizabeth Duling Murphey at Springvale Cemetery, LaFayette, Indiana.
- Annette Cardelia House (5 KB)
Wife of Alphonso, and daughter of his cousin George F. House. The Blankets in the background are ones she crocheted.
- David Benton Home In Lavonia, N.Y. (91 KB)
The home of David and Nancy (Pitts) Benton located in Lavonia, N.Y. It is believed to be the first framed house built in Livona in 1801. Peter Pitts Barnard was born in this house Jan. 20, 1812.
- House Family Crest (12 KB)
Family Coat of Arms that hung in the home of Harry M. House - my grandfather.
- The Three Amigos - Codding Brothers (68 KB)
George, Frank, and William Codding circa 1920.
- Harry and brother Wilbur House c. 1894 (17 KB)
Harry and Wibur in their innocence, the blanket was probably made by Annette C. House.
- Robert Dean Murphey (80 KB)
My dad at the time he worked for Standard Oil, circa 1945.
- Wilbur House (7 KB)
My granduncle Wibur, photo taken around his graduation from High School in Mechanicsville, Iowa.
- Rachael Murphey (77 KB)
My dads' sister, Rachael.
- Martin Halm and Eviline Smith Codding (103 KB)
Resting place of Martin Halm Codding and wife, Eviline Smith in the LeRaysville Cemetery, LeRaysville, Bradford County, Pa. Martin Halm was a son of David and Susanna Wood Codding.
- Map of Exeter Township, Otsego County, NY 1868 (512 KB)
This map was obtained of the Otsego County Genealogy Page - shows the location of Exeter Center.
- Anna Murphey McGraw (118 KB)
Photo of Anna McCabe Murphey, daughter of Thomas and Susan Murphey, she married Willis H. McGraw.
- Edgar H. and Helen Gorham Codding (95 KB)
Resting place in LeRaysville Cemetery, LeRaysville, Bradford County, Pa. of Edgar H. Codding and his wife Helen Gorham. Edgar is a son of Dr. David Seabury Codding and Asenath C. Ladd.
- Olin Cemetery, Jones County, Iowa (211 KB)
Photo contributed by Mary Ellen Jochim - resting place of George F. House and wife Elizabeth.
- Cemantha Bell Murpey Blosser (79 KB)
Cemantha Belle Murphey,daughter of Edmond and Phoebe Murphey, married Adam Sanford Blosser.
- Burton Ozro Codding (107 KB)
Resting place of Burton Ozro Codding, son of Martin Halm and Eviline Smith Codding. He is buried in LeRaysville Cemetery, LeRaysville, Bradford County, Pa.
- Pleasant Valley Cemetery, Iowa (123 KB)
Photo contributed by Mary Ellen Jochim - resting place of Jeremiah House II and his wife Fanny (Blinn) House.
- Gertrude Agnes Murphey Ford (117 KB)
Gertrude Agnes Murphey,daughter of Thomas and Susan Murphey, married John B. Ford.
- Codding Family Crest (75 KB)
Family Crest of the Codding Family - English
- Exeter Center Methodist Church (115 KB)
Though I am still trying to obtain records, I believe the House family probably went to services here while they lived in Exeter.
- Louella, Adam, and Cemantha Belle Blosser (340 KB)
Louella Blosser, Adam Blosser (father), and Cemantha
Belle Murphey Blosser (mother).
- John and Priscilla Alden Burial Site (49 KB)
Resting place of John Alden and wife Priscilla in the Myles Standish Burial Grounds, Duxbury, Mass.
- Family of Shawn D. Murphey Bartow Berry (74 KB)
The Berry's - Luke, Kendall, Alex, Shawn, Carley, and Bob.
- John Alden House (28 KB)
Home of John and Priscilla Alden
- Family of Harry M. House 2001 (46 KB)
From left to right -
Harry M., Steven Grace, Cherre House, Mike Grace,
Cheryl Grace, John Grace, Catherine Grace,
Kaylin House, Joy House, George (Skip) House
- John Alden Headstone (30 KB)
Resting place of John Alden, Myles Standish Burial Grounds, Duxbury, Mass.
- John Alden House Placard (73 KB)
Placard on John Alden House.
- Priscilla Alden Headstone (31 KB)
Resting place of Priscilla Alden, Myles Standish Burial Grounds, Duxbury, Mass.
- John Alden Home (67 KB)
Home of John and Priscilla Alden.
- Murphy Family Crest (7 KB)
The Murphy (ey) family coat of arms.
- Edmond Murphey's Log Cabin c.1940 (324 KB)
This photograph was taken in the late 1940's by Lynne C. Murphey. It is the cabin built in Keyser,
West Virginia, by Edmond Murphey.
- Julia E. (House) Walton (63 KB)
Headstone of Julia E. (House) Walton, located in Center Junction, Jones County, Iowa. Row 12, stone 1. Photo provided by Christy Walton.
- Location Of Edmond Murphey Home 2001 (7 KB)
This photo was taken by George Murphey while in Keyser, W.V. It shows the approximate locaton of the Edmond Murphey Cabin, just beyond the electric pole and two tall trees. The location is about 5
miles south of Keyser on 50, behind what is now the Emory Hines Home.
- Herbert, Benajah, Almyra, and William House (180 KB)
Gravesites of Herbert, Benajah, Almyra, and William House, Madison Village Cemetery, Madison Township, Iowa. Photo donated by Harry House.
- Southern view of the Edmond Murphey Farm (6 KB)
View from the dam just above the farm. Just below and to the right of the trees that run across the field was where the old house stood.
- Alden Family Crest (202 KB)
Found in my grandmother Lynnes' papers, carefully protected.
- Harry M., George M., and Wibur (184 KB)
Harry M. House, George M. House (father), and Wilbur House. Photo donated by Harry House.
- Edward Murphey and wife Henrietta Schoenrock. (25 KB)
A photo believed to have been taken for an anniversary.
- Louella Blosser (4 KB)
A picture of cousin Louella, taken at about 19 yrs. age.
- Harry M. House - W.W. I (933 KB)
A photo of my grandfather, Harry M. House, taken about 1917 during W.W.I
- Edward Murphey Family (121 KB)
F.R. - Kenneth Murphey, Stanley Davis Murphey 2 R. - Edith Bertha Murphey, Louella Blosser, Arthur Case, Edward Davis Murphey, Robert Dean Murphey, Henrietta Schoenrock Murphey, Lynne Codding Murphey, Cementha Belle Murphey, Rachelle Murphey, Josephine Ellis, Merritt Wycoff, Arthur Ray Murphey.
- Camille M. House Murphey Bartow (103 KB)
My mother taking it easy with her dog.
- Philemon Dickerson Monument, Southold, Long Island (174 KB)
In Memory of Philemon Dickerson who with his brothers Nathaniel and John Dickinson emigrated from England and landed in Massachusetts in 1638. He was admitted a freeman of Salem in 1641 and removed to Southold in 1646 where he died in 1672 aged about 74 years leaving two sons Thomas and Peter.
- Some more Murpheys. (124 KB)
B.R. - Adie Lorens Murphey Ellis, Baby Louise Ellis, Gertrude Agnes Murphey Ford, Thomas Newton Murphey, Anna McCabe Murphey McGraw, Susan Elizabeth Duling Murphey, Emma Florence Murphey Bennett
F.R. - 4 & 5 children are Margaret McGraw and Martha McGraw
- Josiah and Julia (Haines) House (97 KB)
Believed to be the only known photo of Josiah and Julia (Haines) House taken in front of the wall at Rokeby (Astor-Chanler Estate) that Josiah built. Josiah was born on January 9, 1814 in Connecticut.
Josiah is the previously unknown child of Jeremiah and Ruth (Purple) House. This child shows up on the 1820 Connecticut Census as a male child under 16. (See notes for Josiah House).
- Willard F. and Jennie (House) Houstman 50th (246 KB)
Newspaper clipping of Willard F. Houstman and Jennie
(House) Houstmans' 50th Weddig Aniversary.
provided by - Ron Siebels
- John Alden House Monument (92 KB)
Stne monument on the site of John Aldens House, Plymouth, Mass.
- Elmo Murphey Family c.1917 (16 KB)
Elmo and wife Lynne Codding Murphey, children Robert Dean and Rachelle.
- Murphey Family Home, Trumansburg, New York (129 KB)
Home of Robert Dean, Camille, Michael, Robert, George, and Shawn Murphey. Photo circa 1953.
- Charles Harold Codding at Foraker, Oklahoma (205 KB)
Picture of Charles Codding at the Codding Ranch in Foraker, Oklahoma taken in the late 60's.
- Robert Dean Murphey (Dean) c. late 1930's (14 KB)
A photo I like of my father.
- Faunce Codding Jr. - Vincent Hill Cemetery (68 KB)
Faunce Codding 1800-1832; son of Faunce & Sally Andrews Codding; died Dec 20 1832; age 32yrs -
Vincent Hill Cemetery - Bristol, N.Y.
- Brendan Dylan Murphey and wife Sarah (28 KB)
Brendan and Sarah (Cain) Murphey on their wedding day, July 19, 2008.
- Merle Inman - Henrie Headstone (103 KB)
The Henrie family headstone at Memorial Park in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Merle Inman is standing next to the monument.
- Erastus W. Codding marriage certificate (224 KB)
Marriage between Erastus W. Codding and Harriet Watkins, Concord, Jackson County, Michigan. November 1, 1838.
submitted by: Adele Sidock
- John Sullivan Codding (15 KB)
An early picture of John Sullivan Codding, father of Julian Knight Codding.
- George Codding - Vincent Hill Cemetery (67 KB)
George Codding 1761-1827; born June 3 1764; died July 2, 1827; age 63 yrs - Vincent Hill Cemetery, Bristol, N.Y.
- Estate Will of Albert Benjamin Codding (237 KB)
Estate Will of Albert Benjamin Codding, listing widow and children - Edgar Codding listed as child.
submitted by: Adele Sidock
- John Sulivan Codding and sons. (90 KB)
F.R. - Julian Knight Codding, John Sullivan Codding,
George Thayer Codding
B.R. - John Francis (Frank) Codding, William Vernon Codding
Picture taken circa 1900.
- Mary (Richmond) Codding - Vincent Hill Cemetery (72 KB)
Mary Richmond Codding 1766-1836; wife of George; died July 3 1836; age 70yrs; Vincent Hill Cemetery, Bristol, N.Y.
- Newspaper Article about Louella Blosser (237 KB)
An article from the Independence Reporter, 1963, about Louella Blosser who lived in Bolton, just west of Independence, Kansas.
- Sarah Grover Codding - Vincent Hill Cemetery (68 KB)
Sarah Grover Codding 1782-1815; wife of William Thayer Codding; died Oct 13 1815; age 33yrs;
Vincent Hill Cemetery, Bristol, N.Y.
- Lynne and Harold Codding. (92 KB)
Sister and brother, Lynne and Harold Codding. Lynne is believed to be 8 and Harold 6 in this photo.
- Charles and wife Norma Codding, George Murphey (91 KB)
Picture taken July 2005 at O.S.U., Stillwater, Oklahoma. Charles and Norma Codding with George Murphey.
- Charles Harold Codding (Harold) Sr. (52 KB)
Picture taken circa 1910 of Charles Harold Codding Sr.
- Murphey Burial Ground (138 KB)
Site of Murphey burials in LaFayette, Indiana in the Springvale Cemetery.
- Family of Robert Dean Murphey c.1956 (11 KB)
Robert Douglas, Michael Dean, George Dennis, and
Mary Elizabeth (Beth is from his first marriage to Margaret Griffiths).
- Robert Dean Murphey Family - Christmas 1959 (11 KB)
Michael, Shawn, Robert, George, and Dean Murphey.
- George D. Murphey Family - Fall 1997 (166 KB)
F.R. - Morgan DeAnna, Garrett Daniel, Jan Marleen
Dickerson Murphey, B.R. - Rebecca Dairne, George Dennis Murphey.
- Rachelle, Kenneth, and Robert Dean Murphey c.1925 (21 KB)
Family of Elmo Murphey about 1925, Rachelle, Kenneth, and Robert Dean (Dean).
- Edward Murphey on the porch. (33 KB)
Henrietta, Raymond, and Edward Davis Murphey.
- William Thayer Codding - Vincent Hill Cemetery (110 KB)
William Thayer Codding 1778-1860; died June 1 1860;
age 82yrs. Mr. Codding was one of the first settelers of Ontario County, N.Y. - Vincent Hill Cemetery, Bristol, N.Y.
- The Duling Methodist Church, Keyser, W.V. c.1940's (9 KB)
The Duling Church, located on the Cut-Off Road in Keyser, W.V.,was first mentioned in the records of
1809-10. In 1820 the first couple were married there. The first church was a log structure and was torn down in 1855-56 when the building pictured was completed. Civil war soldiers occupied the church according to records of 1861.
The church got its name from the Duling Family, ancestors of Susan E. Duling, wife of Thomas Newton Murphey.
- Codding Plot - Vincent Hill Cemetery - Bristol (109 KB)
Final resting place of the "Bristol Pioneers". This cemetery is also known as the "Codding" cemetery because it was once a part of the Codding farm in
Bristol, N.Y. It contains the earliest settelers of Bristol and Ontario County.
- Duling Methodist Church c.2001 (8 KB)
The Duling Church as it appears today, still in use. The cemetery is where the Tasker and Staggs families are buried (see notes on Edmond Murphey).
- Nancy & Stephen Codding - Bristol Center Cemetery (99 KB)
Children of Stephen A. Codding, Nancy L. and Stephen W. Codding; died young and may be buried in the Vincent Hill Cemetery, Bristol, N.Y. However, there are two sets of stones in the Bristol Center Cemetery, Bristol Center, N.Y.
- Harry M. House (7 KB)
A favorite photo of my mothers' father.
- Stephen A. Codding - Bristol Center Cemetery (87 KB)
Stephen A. Codding, son of Henry M. and Caroline Case Codding - drowned in mill race. Buried in Bristol Center Cemetery, Bristol Center, N.Y.
- Anna Murphey McGraw (140 KB)
Resting place of Anna Murphey McGraw in the Springvale Cemetery, Lafayette, Indiana.
- Daughters of George F. House (307 KB)
Annette, Jennie, and Julia House.
- Stephen & Mary P. Wilder Codding - Parents Stone (114 KB)
Children of Stephen A. and Mary P. Wilder Codding, Stephen W. and Nancy L. Coddings names on the side or their parents head stone. Bristol Center Cemetery, Bristol Center, N.Y.
- Mary Elizabeth Murphey (Beth) (178 KB)
Beth Murphey, daughter of Robert Dean and Magaret Griffiths Murphey, about 6 or 7 years old.
- Exeter Center Cemetery, Exeter, Otsego County, NY (47 KB)
Cemetery established in 1808 is the resting place of sisters Almira M. and Fanny M. House.
- Faunce Codding - Vincent Hill Cemetery - (111 KB)
Faunce Codding (1770-1810); died Jult 29, 1810; age
40yrs.; "In manhoods prime I was cut down like grass and flowrs when they'r mown. My ashes lie beneath this soil - Reader prepare to meet thy God.; Vincent Hill Cemetery, Bristol, New York.
- Blosser Family Burial Site (105 KB)
Resting place of the Blosser family at Mount Hope Cemetery, Independence, Kansas.
- Agnes Mildred Codding - Period Photo (32 KB)
Agnes Mildred Codding posed for Wallace Nutting in what would become the most popular photograph during Nutting's career, "The Coming Out Of Rosa, #2530". Ms Codding is posed as the "mother" to young Rosa, (Elizabeth Sturdy Blackington). It is still extremely popular with collectors.
Pictures from the "Rosa" series are:
"The Red Shawl, #2503" The lady is wearing a red shawl over her shoulders.
"Roses And A Bud, #2529" The lady and young Rosa are at the lower left of the picture walking towards the steps.
The Coming Out of Rosa, #2530 Rosa and her mother are standing on the porch.
"Wavering Footsteps, #2531" Almost identical to "The Coming out of Rosa" except that Rosa is positioned to take a step.
"Watching For Papa, #2532" This picture shows Rosa and the lady walking away from the porch.
"Childhood Wiles, #2535" This is identical to "Watching for Papa" #2532 except that it shows Rosa standing off to the left facing the lady, who has her back to the camera.
"Posing, #2536" Young Rosa is sitting on a chair under the arch or roses.
In addition to the portrait above Wallace Nutting made two unpublished photographs of Ms. Codding that have descended in her family with the red shawl and dress that she wore.
- Martha Cornelia Murphey Peterson (132 KB)
Resting place of Martha Cornelia Murphey Peterson and husband Andrew at West Point Cemetery, West Point, Indiana.
- Cobb Codding - 1768 - 1845 (411 KB)
Gravestone of Cobb Codding of Berkshire County, Connecticut; buried West Branch Cemetery
- Edith Bertha Murphey Case Burial Site (147 KB)
Resting place of Edith Bertha Case at Mount Hope Cemetery, Independence, Kansas.
- George William and Anna (Cummings) Codding family (90 KB)
George W.& Anna Cummings Codding family picture
Frances Alvira Codding, George L. Codding, Herbert Lovell Codding, William Allan Codding, Joanna (Codding)Gregory, Eliza J. Codding, Asenath Mary (Codding)Boyer, mother Anna (Cummings) Codding & Lucetta (Codding)Pratt
- Edmond Murphey Gravestone (123 KB)
Resting place of Edmond Murphey at the West Point Cemetery, West Point, Indiana.
- Home of Albert Benjamin Codding - Illinois (120 KB)
Albert Codding Home in Illinois.
- Edward Davis Murphey Headstone (138 KB)
Resting place of Edward Davis Murphey at Mount Hope Cemetery, Independence, Kansas.
- Edward Murphey and family (184 KB)
Left to right - Edward Davis Murphey, Robert Dean Murphey, Lynne C. Murphey, Edith Bertha Murphey, Rachelle Murphey, Kenneth Dale Murphey, Henrietta
Schoenrock Murphey. Pictur taken about 1926 - 28.
- Elmo, Arthur, and Edith Bertha Murphey (77 KB)
An early photo of my grandfather, Elmo Murphey, with his brother Arthur and sister Edith Bertha.
- Elmo Dean Murphey Headstone (119 KB)
Resting place of Elmo Dean Murphey, Mount Hope Cemetery, Independence, Kansas.