I am currently updating my Acadian connections from the "Dictionnaire Genealogique Des Familles Acadiennes" published by Stephen A. White. He is the leading authority at this time on Acadian research. I am researching the surnames of GILLIS, KERR, DONALD, POIRIER, ARSENAULT, LAVIOLETTE and FERLATTE from Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, and Prince Edward Island in Canada. Also in my tree are JOYCE, BROOKS, LAMAR, MILLER, METCALF, ADAMS, WARD, SINCLAIR and many others in the Mid-West and Eastern U.S. and Canada. I have tried my best to see that all of the information in my reports are correct. Most, but not all, of my genealolgy report has been documented. If you have anything to add to this or any corrections, please let me know.
- The Joyce Family, early 1917 (140 KB)
My grandfather Charles Leigh Joyce with his wife Mattie Leota LaMar, and children Lorne Joyce and Lloyd Joyce, my Dad.
- James Gillis 1819-1903 my great-great grandfather. (78 KB)
This the oldest photo I have of any of the Gillis family from Eastern Canada.
- Jake Joyce, my great-grandfather with his family (121 KB)
Jake Joyce, Clista, Hulda, Charles Leigh(my grandfather), Mary Adams Joyce (my great-grandmother) and Judson
- Mary Donald 1812-1898 and Peter Kerr 1800-1881 (114 KB)
The oldest of the Kerr photos. My great-great grandparents.
- Eleanor Bernice Hayden Joyce, my mother. (79 KB)
This photo was taken when my mother was about four years old.
- Allen Papin and Karen Joyce George Papin (113 KB)
Photo taken just after we were married in 1995
- Russell Lloyd Joyce, my father at 4 years old. (123 KB)
Photo taken at his home at 43rd. Ave. and Colby in Everett, WA.
- Elvira Melissa Miller and Monroe David LaMar (106 KB)
My great grandparents.
- Adoniram Judson Adams, my great, great grandfather (507 KB)
Adoniram Judson Adams with his brothers Hudson Curtis Adams and Nelson Major Adams
- Mattie Leota LaMar, my grandmother. (228 KB)
She died of cancer in 1924, when my Dad was only 7 years old.
- Jean Baptiste Ferlatte/Julienne Poirier Marriage (423 KB)
Marriage record of Jean Baptiste Ferlatte and Julienne Poirier showing Jean's mother as Marie Laviolette.
- Rosalie Lillian Gillis, 1903, my grandmother. (94 KB)
These photos of my grandmother were taken just after she had surgery to remove a kidney damaged by TB
- John Alfred Gillis, my great-grandfather. (49 KB)
Born in Bonaventure, Quebec, he moved the family west and finally settled in Sedro Wooley, WA.
- Anna Jannette Kerr Gillis, my great-grandmother. (53 KB)
Born into a wealthy oil and lumber family, she followed her husband to Washington State where life was anything but easy.
- Dr. Benjamin Franklin Brooks, my grandfather. (87 KB)
My grandmother, Rosalie Gillis, had a long-term relationship with Dr. Brooks. He was also the doctor who delivered my mother.