Peet/Peat of England, US and AustraliaUpdated May 3, 2004
P.O. Box 24
Edgewood, NM 87015
Edit Your Page
|This tree represents a lot of work by a lot of cousins over many years. I thank all of you for a good job.
Most of the people named Peet, Peat, Peets etc found in the US can be connected to a John Peat born about 1597, Duffield , Derbyshine, England. Although our line comes from Derby, Derbyshine, England, we have not made the connection yet. A second Peet book being published by Terry Peet should be out in a few months and covers a number of the world Peet families. I will let you know when available.
Famly Tree Maker HAS PROBLEMS CONNECTING MY TREE.Here is some of the line:
1. JAMES1 PEAT was born Bet. 1737 - 1766 in Probably England, and died Aft. 1796 in Probably Derby, England. He married MARY MILLS December 2, 1782 in Saint Alkmund, Derby,, Derby, England. She was born Bet. 1757 - 1769 in Probably England, and died Aft. 1796 in Probably Derby, England.
Children of JAMES PEAT and MARY MILLS are:
2. i. JAMES II2 PEAT, b. September 1784, Christen: 25 Sep.1784 Friar Gate Presbyterian Derby, Derby, England; d. Aft. 1851, died before 1862 probably at Derby Eng. [Marreid twice].
ii. MARY PEAT, b. March 1786, Christen: 3 Apr 1786 Friar Gate Presbyterian Derby, Derby, England; d. Aft. 1861, ? Derby [lived with brother James in 1861]; m. WILLIAM NEWELL, May 5, 1822, England [see " More" ]; d. Bef. 1861, [Mary widow in 1861 Census].
3. iii. GEORGE PEAT, b. July 10, 1787, Derby, Derby, England.
iv. JOHN PEAT, b. June 1788, [Christened: 30 Jun 1788] Derby, Friar Gate Presbyterian, Derby, England; d. Probably died young.
4. v. ISAAC PEET, b. January 18, 1791, Derby, England Christened Jan. 25 1791 Faiar Gate Presbyterian, Derby; d. February 5, 1860, South Melbourne Australia [ Came to Melbourne in 1849].
vi. JOHN PEAT, b. May 1793, Derby, Derby, England.
5. vii. CHARLES SEPTIMUS PEET, b. Abt. 1797, Derby, England [Christened 11 Jun 1797]; d. July 5, 1868, St Louis, MO [ age 72 per death record and Census].
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|