I am researching the Ezra Day family line, Cumberland, Nova Scotia. Then Burton, Sunbury Co. & York Co. New Brunswick. Ezra Day born c.1760 in the United States and died between 25 July 1836 and 23 Aug 1836, York County, New Brunswick. He was a farmer and owned lot 17,18 Keswick Ridge, York County. The Ridge being located in various Parishes as the names and boundaries of these Parishes changed over the years. In York County petition, deeds and Wills, you will read Queensbury, Bright and Douglas as meaning the same location of the Keswick - Mactaquac Stream Ezra Day property lot 17 & 18.
Ezra married 1st Abigail, mentioned above in the sale of land 21st April 1791. They had at least eight children.
Question: There is a question as to whether Abigail was Ezraís first wife or his fatherís wife.
1. John Day, mentioned as son of Ezra Day in 1811 deed at Keswick Ridge. John & wife Elizabeth in 1816 deed to Isra (Ezra) Day. There is a John & Ezra Day listed in the York County Roll for 1816, Parish of Queensbury. John married Elizabeth Hersey.
2. Elizabeth Mary Day, born c.1790 in New Brunswick, married John Brewer, 05 April 1816 in York County, New Brunswick. Marriage Bonds, has Mary Day of Saint Maryís and John Brewer of Queensbury, York County. The 1851 census of the Parish of Kingsclear has David Day (son of Ezra Day?) living with John & Elizabeth Brewer.
Question: Is Elizabeth Mary Day a daughter of Ezra Day?
3. David Day, born c.1793 in New Brunswick, mentioned as a son of Ezra Day in the 1810 land petition. The 1851 census for Kingsclear Parish has David, M, L, age 58, native, * missing information, birth.
4. Abagail Day, born c.1800 in New Brunswick and died 14 Nov 1818, age 18, York County, New Brunswick. Mentioned as a daughter of Izra Day, Keswick Ridge, York County, in the New Brunswick Royal Gazette.
5. Thomas Day, born c.1802 in New Brunswick. Mentioned as a son of Ezra Day in 1836 Deed of land Ezra Day to James Day minor. Thomas a farmer/prop. married Dianna.
Ezra Dayís 2nd marriage was to Mehitable Barker, 19 Sep 1809 in Kingsclear Parish, York County. Mehetable was born 17 Mar 1786 in Sunbury County, New Brunswick. Her parents were John Barker and Mary Woodbury. They had the following children.
1. Thomas Day, born c. 1811 married Mary. The 1851 census of Carleton County, New Brunswick has his occupation as a Lumberer, age 40, absent. Thomas named two sons, Ezra and David.
Question: Is Thomas a son of Ezra Day and Mehetable Barker?
2. James Day, farmer, of the Parish of Douglas, York County mentioned as a son of Ezra Day in land deeds and his last Will & Testament. James married Abigail Harris 17 Nov 1840 in York County, New Brunswick.
3. Ezra Day, minor, farmer, of the Parish of Douglas, York County mentioned as a son of Ezra Day in land deeds and his last Will & Testament.
Question: Is Ezra Day, minor, child #4 Richard Day
4. Richard Day, born 11 Jan 1818, York County, New Brunswick. Richard married Jane Johnston, 05 Sep 1840, York County, New Brunswick. Richardís first three children were born in York County, New Brunswick. They then moved to Ontario c.1847 and settled in Oxford County.
Question: How does Richard fit into this family? I still do not have any proof, but there is to much circumstantial evidence for him not to be a son of Ezra & Mehetable Day.
5. Hetta Ann Day, born c.1826 in New Brunswick. Hetta Ann married Thomas Crouse. The 1851 census of the Parish of Douglas, York County shows that Mehetable Day, age 65, Ezraís wife is living with the Thomas Crouse family.
Ezra Day had two wives and had eleven children, and possibly more.
Please contact me if you recognize a family member so that we can help each other. Thanks.