Johannes Lawyer (AKA Lauer), b. in 1684 , and Elisabeth Otto b 1684 , in Durbeck, Germany in the Rhine Valley. They emigrated in 1710 , on New-Year's day, started for the unknown land: went down the river Rhine, where they were provided with shipping to Holland: from thence to England and there provided passage by the Queen of England to America. They had a very tedious voyage: a great many died, and the remainder landed at New York , a year, five months, and several days into their journey. They settled in the Hudson Valley and , following the building of a boat , moved to the Schoharie Valley with the Palatinates where a group of them were the first settlers in Schoharie. Their oldest daughter, Elizabeth was born their first week in Schoharie. Lawrence was their fifth and last child.
*** Source: Brief Sketch of the First Settlement of the County of Schoharie by the Germans; by John M. Brown, 1823 " and Historical and Statistical Gazetteer of New York State, by J. H. French, L.L. D. - 1860 "The first settlements [of Middleburgh] were made by Palatinates, in 1711.** **This town comprises parts of Schoharie Patent, Lawyer's & Zimmer's 1st Allotment"
Historical and Statistical Gazetteer of New York State, by J. H. French, L.L. D. - 1860 "The first settlements [of Middleburgh] were made by Palatinates, in 1711.** **This town comprises parts of Schoharie Patent, Lawyer's & Zimmer's 1st Allotment"
In the 1840's Adam H Lawyer bought 600 acres of farm land in Carlisle , NY. It was later divided among the children ,Sosthenese , Leroy , Monroe & Delilah.
Olin Patterson acquired lands of Leroy and Foster Lawyer following his marriage to Maisie Lawyer in the early 1900's.
Delilah Lawyer married Jacob Miers who's daughter , Florence , through marriage to Robert Pickett also in the early 1900's, provided land ownership to The Pickett's family for the first time in thier history.The Pickett's had , at least since 1795 , been hired farm workers in the Schoharie Valley.
- Olin & Maizie (Lawyer) Patterson (22 KB)
- Patterson Family Coat of Arms (45 KB)
From Coat of Arms & Family Crests/Yahoo.com
- William L. Patterson Family (39 KB)
Wife: Betty Ostrander , Children: Robert , Jane , Joan ,Nancy
- William Leroy Patterson & Betty (Ostrander) (19 KB)
- Pickett Family Coat of Arms (61 KB)
The Pickett Coat of Arms Illustrated is officially documented in the "Burkes General Armory"
Description of the Arms Shield is "Three Pickaxes"
The original Colors are "Black ; Three Silver Pickaxes"
Above the Helmet crest is described as ; "Bent Right Arm , Silver Sleeve , Green Cuff , Two Green Wavy Bars , Naturally Colored Pickaxe"
- Robert W. Patterson & Elizebeth(Probst) (24 KB)
- Robert & Florence (Miers) Pickett 1939 (30 KB)
Photo Taken on Front Lawn of Farm in Rock District
- Donald R. Patterson & Caryl (Fey) (39 KB)
Children: Jacob , Kyle , Sarah
- Robert Pickett Sr. & Son's 1939 (33 KB)
Lealand not included
- Sandra Patterson & Lance Rotolo (37 KB)
Children:Laura , Nicole , Trisha
- Everett Pickett & Family (24 KB)
50 Th Wedding Aniversary
- Jane Patterson & Alvin Butler (35 KB)
Children: Stephenie , Lauren
- Paul Pickett Family-2003 (23 KB)
Children: Alexander , Jonathan , William
- Joan Patterson & John D'Orazio (34 KB)
Son: Joe , wife Susan , Grand child Oliva
- Clifford & Alice Patterson Palmer-2/2005 (40 KB)
72 nd Wedding Aniversary
- Nancy Patterson & William Lape (39 KB)
Children: Tracy , Christine , James
- William Patterson Sr. & Lucy (24 KB)
- Stephanie Butler & Daryl Veleqol (38 KB)
- William Patterson Jr. (24 KB)
- Tracy Lape & James Himme (34 KB)