I began my reserch in 1996 on Wells, Thomas, Morris, Lore, Pierce and McDowell families.
Before coming to Missouri the Wells family started in Virgina and Kentucky, the Morris family came from Wythe Co. West Virginia, the Thomas families came from Jackson County, Virginia, the Mc
Dowell family came from Ohio and the Pierce Family came from Tennessee.
Any information would be appreciated and will gladly share.
- Young Lemuel Morris (299 KB)
Photo taken about 1926. Lemuel is the son of Samuel Morris and Grandson of John B Morris.
- Alberta Mae Morris (15 KB)
Photo taken around 1926.
- Omah Margret (Wells) Morris (8 KB)
Taken about 1920. Omah is the daughter of Corneilus R. and Malinda Thomas Wells.
- Elva Mildred Morris daughter of Lemuel and Omah Wi (35 KB)
Photo taken about 1923.
- Lemuel and Omah Morris (45 KB)
Taken with their first born child, Alvin Leonard Morris. He died when he was 2 yrs. old
- Virgie Thomas (19 KB)
Virgie is the daughter of Miller Thomas, Malinda's half brother
- Julia Morris Bohannan (65 KB)
Julia is the daughter of Samuel and Josephine Lore Morris and granddaughter of John B Morris
- Omah Margret (Wells) Morris (51 KB)
Omah as a young girl.
- Miller Thomas (30 KB)
I believe this to be Miller Thomas as he is the only half brother on her paternal side that Malinda coresponded with and she had a picture of Virgie Thomas who is Miller's daughter.
- Virgil Eugene Morris (36 KB)
Virgil is the son of Lem and Omah Wells Morris. This was taken about 1923.
- The Lemuel Morris Family (7 KB)
Lem and Omah seated, John, Lem Jr. Elva, Virgil, Alberta, Marie and Alice standing.
- Lemuel Thomas's Grandchildren (written on back) (36 KB)
Lemuel Thomas was the son of Nancy Elizabeth Landers Lett and George W Thomas before she married Hiram Thomas. This would be Malinda's half brother on her maternal side. In the 1850 Jackson Co. VA census Lemuel was just a child living with Anna Thomas, his Grandmother. He was born out of wedlock.
- John B Morris (83 KB)
Grandfather of Lemuel T Morris and son of Elijah and Jensey Haymore Morris.
- Samuel and Josephine Morris Marriage Cert.ificate (419 KB)
Joseph Lore, Susan Dotson and Taylor Morris were witness's
- Young Virgil Morris (11 KB)
Virgil is the son of Lem and Omah Wells Morris.
- Malinda Harrell Morris (27 KB)
Wife of John B Morris, came to MO between 1870 and 1880.
- Josephine Lore Morris and Children (37 KB)
Alice died a few years later.
- Mature Virgil E Morris (44 KB)
Virgil was born Jan 10, 1921 died may 12, 1996.
- Corneilus Wells working in Mine. (150 KB)
Corneilus and Franklin Wells are first cousins.
- Elva Mildred Morris, daughter of Lem and Omah Morr (18 KB)
Photo taken around 1926.
- Everett Morris Family (343 KB)
Everett and Mabel Morris with children. Everett is son of Samuel Morris and Grandson of John B Morris
- Lemuel Lorese Morris (50 KB)
Son of Lem and Omah Morris. Taken about 1926
- Wells Document (647 KB)
Tells of Levi and Corneilus being orphans. the court document is written in 1852 but the incident happened in 1847.
- Morris Family (33 KB)
Lemuel Morris seated. Stella Morris Aubachon, Lucy Morris Koester and Julia Morris Bohannon standing in front, Firman Aubachon husband of Stella Morris and Omah Wells Morris wife of Lemuel standing in back.
- Carl and Lucy Jane Morris Koester (30 KB)
Taken on their Golden Wedding Day. Lucy is the daughter of Samuel Morris and Granddaughter of John B Morris
- Lemuel T Morris (134 KB)
Lem working in lead mine in Webb City, MO
- Corneilus Wells Family (57 KB)
Seated Malinda Thomas Wells holding Omah, to left Corneilus Ralph wells. his son Otto, Lelia Sefert Gibbons (Malinda's daughter by another marriage) Walter Wells, Alberta Shiverdacker Marshall (Malind'a daughter by another marriage) holding Teddy Marshall, Oscar Marshall, Joe Marshall, James Wells, Samuel Wells and Ralph Gibbons (Lelia's husband).
- Corneilius Ralph and Malinda Wilma Thomas Wells (41 KB)
This is Omah Wells Morris's parents
- Taylor Morris, , son of John B Morris (20 KB)
This photo was sent to me on paper from a Great Grandaughter of Taylor Morris. It isn't too clear.
- James and Otto Wells and Oscar Marshall (17 KB)
Corneilus and Malinda Well's sons and Grandson.
- Omah Margret (Wells) Morris (180 KB)
Omah when she was younger.
- Otto Wells and first wife Effie Matilda Troutman (28 KB)
They had one son, James Olem Wells
- Lemuel and Omah Morris Children. (25 KB)
This photo was taken 1n 1923. Stanley died 4 months later.
- Omah Margret (Wells) Morris and Opal Wells Griffin (89 KB)
Taken at Omah's 80th Birthday party.
- Lemuel and Omah Wells Morris (19 KB)
Photo taken around 1960, taken at church. Lem died 1n 1963 and Omah 1n 1982.
- James Wells married Mary Surina (37 KB)
Son of Corneilus amd Malina Thomas Wells.
- Alberta Mae Morris Daughter of Lem and Omah Wells (31 KB)
Photo was taken around 1922
- Malinda Wilma Thomas Wells (43 KB)
Malinda was the daughter of Hiram Powers Thomas and Nancy Elizabeth Landers Thomas, she was born in 1850, Jackson County, Virgina
- Malinda Wilma Thomas Wells and daughters. (30 KB)
Malinda and daughters from previous marriages.
- Tim Thomas (19 KB)
Malinda's half brother