Family Tree Maker Online
Navigation Bar
Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page

Page 13 of 24

Descendants of Thomas Adams

Generation No. 4

      11. Donald John4 Adams (John3, John2, Thomas1)3 was born 18 March 1951 in Dryden, Ontario, Canada. He married Laurel Cain in Dryden. On3, daughter of Roy Cain and Siggie. She was born 24 October 1956 in Dryden, Ontario3.

More About Donald Adams and Laurel Cain:
Marriage: Dryden. On3
Child of Donald Adams and Laurel Cain is:
  28 i.   Lisa Dawn5 Adams3, born 27 June 1981.

      12. Marjorie Eileen4 Adams (John3, John2, Thomas1)4 was born 7 October 1935 in Dryden, Ontario, Canada. She married Gerald Joseph Poling4,5 22 December 1956 in Simcoe, Ontario, Canada, son of Robert Poling and Olivia Desilet. He was born 25 February 1936 in Sault St. Marie, Ontario, Canada.

Notes for Marjorie Eileen Adams:
      For some time I have felt that I should write down my memories of my early life for my children and grandchildren because things have changed so much in so many ways. As I started to write however, I began to feel that I should include as much as I knew about the farm where I grew up from the time my grandparents settled there.
      Although only two generations farmed the land, it has been important to, and had a big influence on, all the children and grandchildren of my father and his six sisters. We all have happy memories of the farm and feel our roots are there.
      So I write this for my children and grandchildren, my husband who loved the farm too and the cousins and friends who share my farm memories. I acknowledge with thanks the help I received from the writings of my aunts, Clarissa Law and Marjorie Hill. Without their written accounts many of the memories of the early days on the farm would have been lost.
      Near the end of the 19th century my grandparents, John and Clarissa Adams, and their two daughters Gladys and Cora, were living near Ottawa. John worked in wood camps as a logger, sawmill operator and, according to my parents, was good at riding the logs as they traveled down the river to break up log jams.
      However, he was looking for a different life. Soon after the C.P.R. was built, when the government offered free land in Western Canada to encourage settlement, he decided to take advantage of the opportunity. He traveled west in 1897 by railway - it is thought that he originally planned to go to Alberta and either didn't have enough money to go that far, or he liked the forests of Northwestern Ontario. For whatever reason, he settled on 320 acres of land in Oxdrift in Eton Township, Kenora district, eight miles west of Dryden, built a small home and began to clear the land as required by the government grant, selling wood to the paper mill or for firewood.
      Clarissa and the girls arrived in 1898 but, one night, soon after they settled in, fire broke out. The small home burned to the ground and although the family escaped safely in their night clothes, all their possessions were lost. Grandma and the children were taken in by neighbours and with the help of the community a new house was soon built. In about 1907 the house was lifted and a stone and cement basement constructed. The basement had an outside entrance and also a trap door inside. That house, with some addition and alterations, still stands and is used today.
      Five more children were born after the family moved to Oxdrift - Alexandra, 1899, Marjorie 1901, Clarissa 1904 and twins John Jr. and Lena 1906.
      Friends used to say that in order to get a son, John had to settle for another daughter along with him.
      Grandpa's ability to harvest timber was a great asset to the family. He continued to clear land and also operated wood camps in the area, selling the wood to the paper company to support his family and build up his herd of livestock. He acquired cattle, sheep, pigs, chickens, and horses for farm work and, until 1914 for transportation by horse and buggy or team and wagon. He built log stables to house the livestock and these were used until 1920 when the present barn was built.
      My aunt, Clarissa Law relates an incident while the old stables were still in use.
      "My father, in the early years, had built stables for his livestock. These were made of logs and spaces filled in with mud, moss and manure. One stable housed the cattle and horses. Another held the pigs and one for the hens etc. Everyday after school it was our duty to clean out the stables and feed the animals in addition to milking the cows. On a particular occasion, the threshers had been there earlier and the straw was blown over the roofs of two of the stables and space in between. This was done for the sake of heat to protect from snow and intense cold. (Winter temperatures were anywhere from zero to 50 degrees below zero Fahrenheit.) This incident must have occurred in the early spring as the cows had eaten the straw out between the two buildings leaving a sort of tunnel. I had a friend, Alice Thomas, visiting me that day. The loft in the stable was filled with hay and it was our duty to fork the hay down to the cows. Lena and Alice decided to have some fun and were sliding down a hole in the top of the tunnel of straw, climbing back up to the roof and sliding through again. I was very angry as I was left to do all the work. All at once, I heard a strange swish and ran out to see what it was and discovered the straw from both roofs had slid into the tunnel with the kids nowhere to be seen. I was terrified and ran to the house for help. My sister Allie was there (4 years my senior) and a man to help my father. Allie ran to the rescue but the so called hired man was in no hurry. I saw the horses and sleigh coming up the lane and ran calling to my father but discovered it was only my brother Jack. He jumped off the sleigh and ran ahead of the horses. Fortunately, when the whole mass slid, a large sheet of ice feel in with them and formed a vacuum or air pocket near the girls' faces and there was sufficient air to last until we were able to dig them out. A similar accident happened to a cow but we were able to dig her out in time. Another time while we were using the stables (later my father built a barn) my father and older sisters were trying to corner a pig. It was a large animal, a sow or boar, and they had managed to chase it into one of the stables. One of the settlers whose name was Arthur Thompson arrived with his horse and cutter and came into the stables to look for my father. Arthur was a small, bow-legged, Englishman. Anyway, as he opened the door and stood there, the pig saw a means of escape and ran out between his legs. From our look-out up in the loft we were given a free show of pig riding, the rider facing the wrong end of the pig.
      It amazes me when I read of the work my aunts and father did while they were still in school. They all learned to drive horses, milk cows, clean out stables, chop and load wood and help with haying as well as household chores. Sometimes even finding the cows was a problem. Aunt Rissa remembers:
      "During this time only the crop fields, were fenced and the cattle were allowed to roam through the woods. The children were sent twice each day to bring the cows home for milking. We had our dog well trained and as long as he could hear the cow bell he would obey our commands and head the herd toward home. We would climb to the highest rock we could find and listen for the direction of the cow bell, then say to the dog "OK Collie, get the cows." Then we would head for the road and wait."
She tells of one cattle hunt at about age ten or twelve when she and my father started out at 7 a.m. as they had to walk two miles in another direction to school to be there by 9 a.m.
      Another time on a Saturday she and Dad and Aunt Lena walked for miles down a trail through dense bush to find the cattle, estimating later they walked about fourteen miles. They were always nervous on these walks as the bush was full of wild animals - bear, wolves, moose, etc.
      In the summer the children picked blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, saskatoons, and Grandma made jam and preserved fruit for the winter. In the fall Grandpa would order two or three barrels of apples from Southern Ontario. These would be stored in the cellar and each evening, one of the children would be delegated to climb down the ladder to get apples for the family. It was a busy life but they found time for fun and their friends were always welcome at the farm.
      Grandma, according to Aunt Rissa, was a wonderful person and a great example to all the girls who could discuss any subject with her. She was very busy and spent a lot of her time preparing food for her family. In the early days she sometimes accompanied Grandpa at wood camps and did the cooking for the men. She had a large garden, kept chickens, turkeys and ducks. She made butter from the cream and would sell extra butter and eggs not needed by the family. Aunt Rissa relates:
"We had a machine known as a separator. You poured the milk into a container at the top and someone turned the handle. We had to keep turning quite fast and the machine had to work evenly. The cream came out one spout and the skim milk out another one. The cream was allowed to sour and when it had reached the right degree it was put into a churn. The churn looked like a small barrel with a door on one side, firmly closed. We would pump a lever to make the barrel whirl around and when the sound changed from a soft thump to a swish swash, we knew the butter had formed. Sometimes it took a half an hour of pumping. When the butter was well formed, we would drain off the butter milk through a small hole. When the butter milk was all drained out, we would dump a basket of cold water into the churn and wash out the remainder of the milk. After the water was drained off, the butter was removed through the door with a wooden paddle and placed on a smooth wooden board. The butter was salted and pressed into wood forms just the right size for one pound. The front and back opened and the butter was pushed out onto an oiled sheet of paper and wrapped. Our butter had the name of being very good, but some peoples butter tasted awful.
      In the winter, Grandma stored root vegetables in the cool end of the cellar covered with earth so they would keep longer. She made cabbage into sauerkraut in large wooden barrels.
      Meat could be a problem, especially in summer, as there was no electricity for refrigeration. In the early spring Grandpa would go to the river and get blocks of ice and pack it with sawdust in the ice house. Meat would be buried in sacks in the ice so things could be kept cool at least for the first part of the summer. Milk and butter etc. were just kept in the cellar. I remember the ice house still in use in my early childhood.
      The family had their own eggs and could kill a hen or rooster to cook, but beef and pork was usually only butchered in late fall. The Indians of Eagle River Reserve were welcome visitors to the farm, and often sold Grandma fish, venison or moose meat to augment the family diet. If it was out of season, the Indians would leave the venison in the bush until they asked Grandma if she wanted it, and she would often buy it.
      Grandma was also an excellent seamstress and kept her children very well dressed. Every Sunday she dressed the girls in starched, white embroidered dresses to go to Sunday School. As the girls got older, they picked blueberries to sell to buy material for clothes and took over the housework to give her more time to sew. Aunt Rissa says she could pick three eleven quart baskets in a day and sold them for one dollar each.
      Grandpa was very sociable and hospitable and often welcomed people into his home for meals. One story that shows his generous nature is about Christmas candy.
      As the stores didn't stock too many extras at that time it was the custom for each family to order the Christmas candy that they wanted for the season. One year when Grandpa went to the store to pick up the candy he ordered, he found a neighbour there quite upset because he had forgotten to order and there was no candy left for his children. Grandpa generously gave him his order as he said the family always got a parcel from relatives in Southern Ontario and it always included lots of candy. That year however, the parcel didn't arrive in time for Christmas and poor Grandma stayed up most of Christmas Eve night making home-made candy. She likely didn't appreciate Grandpa's generosity at that moment.
      Grandpa died in 1937. As I was only two years old, I have no memories of him but I have been told he spent a lot of time with me and often took me on outings to the store. His health was failing by then, and he wasn't able to do a great deal of farm work so he tried to help out in the house. Helen Bruzas (Markiw) remembers him taking us for rides in his car.
      Grandma continued living with us on the farm, although she often visited her daughters in Dryden and Thunder Bay, especially in the winter. She kept active until she died at 92, helping in the kitchen and making several trips a day up and down the stairs. Don remembers her playing catch with him when she was in her late 80's.
      Both my grandparents were very advanced in their thinking for the times, as all six girls received not only high school educations, but either nurse or teacher's training. There were no school buses so in order to attend high school they had to live in Kenora or Dryden during the week. They usually lived with a family and did housework or babysitting to pay for their rooms. Aunt Rissa says that when she attended Dryden High it was just a two room school.
      After each girl finished public school she took her turn helping on the farm for a year. Then the next girl took over and the first went on to high school. By the time the girls were all in school my father was old enough to help on the farm.
      Gladys and Allie became nurses and both worked at Port Arthur General for many years. Cora, Marjorie, Rissa and Lena became teachers and taught in schools in the Dryden area. Cora and Marjorie also went out to Saskatchewan to teach for a year. Rissa worked in Pronger's store in Dryden and at McNulty's in Port Arthur. As women were not allowed to teach after they were married back then, Cora and Marjorie worked in the Dryden Post Office after they were married. Cora's husband, Jack Harris was postmaster of Dryden at the time.
      By 1928 all the sisters were married - three living in Port Arthur and three in Dryden. Gladys, the oldest, married Bert Parker. They lived in Thunder Bay and had two sons, Robert and Alan. Robert lived in Thunder Bay and died in 2002. Alan lived in B.C. and died in 2001.
      Cora married Jack Harris of Dryden. As well as Post Master, he was a partner in Dryden Funeral Home and in Dryden Lumber Company and he started Central Hardware. Their three children were Marjorie (Chase) who lived in B.C. and then Southern Ontario and died in 2002, Sally (Reneke) who lives in Florida, and George who lives in Edmonton.
      Jessie Alexandra (Ally) married Wallace Smith of Port Arthur. They had no children.
      Both Marjorie and Rissa married in 1928. Marjorie married Hugh Hill, who owned Dryden Motors for 41 years. Their children were Gordon, who died in 1977, and Diane (Mason) who lives in Dryden. Clarissa (Rissa) married Alex Law of Port Arthur. Their four children are Doug who lives in London, Richard, who lives in Winnipeg, John of Thunder Bay and Barbara (Pretlac) also of Thunder Bay.
      Lena married Jack Nicholson (whom we called Uncle Nick) who had come to Dryden from Prince Edward Island. They had three children, Hugh who lives in Richmond, B.C., Don, of Dryden, and Irene (Taylor), also of Dryden.
      My father was the last to marry. In June, 1934, he married my mother, Florence McFadden, who had come to Oxdrift from Flesherton in southern Ontario to teach school and together they took over the farm.      Dad had begun working hard on the farm at a very young age as his sisters did and also sometimes worked in the bush cutting logs to make extra money. He continued mixed farming for many years. I think dad liked variety as at one time or another we kept turkeys, goats, sheep, pigs as well as cattle and chickens. We still had horses when I was young and we always had collie dogs who seemed to know instinctively how to round up the cattle.
      I remember Dad bringing baby pigs and lambs into the house to keep them warm and waiting in the barn when pigs were born to rescue the babies if the mother rejected them. Some mother pigs would kill their piglets if he didn't intervene - he could then usually persuade them to accept them later. He finally stopped keeping sheep as the lambs were born so early when the weather was still so cold and it was hard to keep them alive.
      My father was proud of his farm and was quite particular about keeping his fences and buildings in good shape and his livestock clean and healthy. When cutting grain or hay, he was particular about having it done neatly. Woe betide the hired man, nephew, daughter or son who left stalks standing when circling the field with tractor and mower or binder.
      Dad had little free time for hobbies or recreation although he did play baseball as a young man. In the late 40's he became manager of Clover Belt Co-Op store and our life became even busier. Later he also became postmaster. I don't really know why he took this on. I think maybe he wanted a change and a new challenge. He also enjoyed the contact with people as farming is a more solitary occupation.
      Dad had a good sense of humour and liked to chat with friends and customers. He loved children. At home he enjoyed the company of nieces and nephews when they visited and joked with my friends. He was never irritated by children. He was amused at their antics and liked to tease them. He was quite indulgent - his method of bringing up kids was more or less to give them what they wanted while they were young. At the store, free candy often found its way into little hands or into boxes of groceries.
      . He was a generous father - anything I needed or really wanted, I could usually have. As I saw how hard my parents worked for their money, though, I was never unreasonable in my requests. Also we didn't live in a society that encouraged consumerism so much - no T.V. ads and not a lot of pressure to keep up with others. He had high standards for behaviour though about things like honesty, kindness, and generosity to others and we mostly obeyed these as we didn't want to disappoint him. He didn't encourage me to give into fears though. When I was afraid of the dark or scary shows, he just laughed and expected me to get over it (no night-lights in those days). He felt it was important for girls to be strong and independent. He insisted that I learned to drive as soon as I was 16 and encouraged me to have a career where I could earn my own living so I would never have to be dependent on anyone.
      Once young people reached their teens, Dad expected them to do their share of work and do it competently. He would be surprised if teenagers helping on the farm didn't do the chores up to his standard. My mother would explain to him that if they had not grown up on a farm, of course they had to be taught to do these jobs. His standards were quite high for my brother and me and probably the nephews who helped him.
      When I was young a succession of nephews and their friends came often to the farm. At first they would come up on the train and camp on the property - cooking on camp fires and sleeping outside. Dad was happy to have them as long as they were careful with their fires. As they got older, they often came to help with farm work, especially during haying season. I particularly remember Don Nicholson being there a lot and he has many stories of the times he spent with Dad. He remembers riding to the farm from Dryden with Dad in the old Model T Ford. It was raining and the roof was leaking and Dad sang all the way "It ain't gonna rain no more." I know Hugh and his friends came often as well but I was too young to remember much about their visits.
      The trains were an important method of transportation back then. As well as the regular passenger train, there was a local that went to Kenora and back, and I think, to Ignace so it was possible to go to Dryden and back the same day or vice versa. Often the cousins came to Oxdrift that way and we used the train to go to the doctor, drug store, etc. I remember once when dad was sick and mom didn't want to leave him. Mrs. Markiw went on the train to get his medicine for him.
      Dad was fond of music and was always singing and whistling as he worked. He often made up his own words to songs sometimes using my friend's names, which they didn't always appreciate. He had one for Fran "When Frances dances with me."
      My mother led a very busy life. She had grown up in town so was not used to farm work, but soon took over the garden and care of the hens as well as cooking and housework. She did lots of canning, pickling and jam-making in season.
      When we had extra men working at the farm we usually had a full meal at noon as well as at night so in summer were often preparing meat, potatoes and vegetables twice a day and, of course, always had dessert - pies, cakes, etc. Fortunately she enjoyed baking when she had time and often baked an extra pie for neighbours who were bachelors or a family without a mother.
      In those days, at haying or harvest time, a lot of manpower was needed because there wasn't as much machinery to do the work, so all the farmers in the area would work in large groups at each others farms. So, in the heat of the summer, Mom would be preparing meals for large groups of men. It was always a relief when that was over. Mrs. Markiw sometimes made the pies to help her out.
      I think when she first came to Oxdrift she was quite active in community groups but had less and less time for that as she got busier - teaching again for 2 or 3 years and later working with Dad at the store and post office. She did all the book-keeping there and also would audit books for organizations and help people with income tax. After dad died she ran the store and post office until she retired.
Mom wasn't musical but loved to read and liked poetry. She would often recite favourite poems while we did dishes. She liked to knit and crochet and made a lot of afghans in her later years and did some needlework.
Mom loved plants and flowers and had lots of them both indoors and outside. She had a green thumb although she felt Mrs. Markiws' was greener - she said Mrs. Markiw could plant a stick and it would grow. Dad enjoyed flowers too, and took an interest in the flower garden. I remember once when he was in the hospital he phoned the florist and ordered flowers for himself so he could enjoy them.
She got along with everyone and enjoyed socializing with Dad's family. We often had Sunday dinners and outings with the Dryden families and big Christmas dinners. In my childhood, mom always had a big Easter treasure hunt for me and three of my cousins, Diane, George and Renie. They all stayed for the weekend and she had rhyming clues that we followed to find our treats.
In the summer my aunts from Port Arthur brought their families to the farm for holidays and they all have fond memories of their visits. It was a busy time for mom and the house was full, but great for me. We kids often slept on couches on the screened veranda.
The Law family usually came every summer and Uncle Alex would often help my father with the haying (that was his holiday). Barbara and I were only a year apart in age so we had fun and Uncle Alec would often take us all to the lake for a swim in the afternoons. Any kids from the neighbourhood were welcome to come.
Aunt Allie and Uncle Wallace Smith visited also, as did Aunt Gladys and Uncle Bert Parker. I remember lots of jokes and lively discussions when Parkers were there and I often sat on the stairs to listen when I was suppose to be in bed. Diane and I did that sometimes too when our parents got together for an evening.
Later in life, after mom retired and moved to Dryden, she was able to go back to volunteer work and kept very busy with church work, Senior Citizens Organization, and the MS Society.
Mom and I were always good friends and talked over everything. After she retired, she was able to visit us more and to do some traveling with my family. She enjoyed Karen, Steve and Mike, who spent a good part of every summer on the farm, and Lisa who was born in 1981 when mom was 71. She had more time to spend with her and they became very close.
I was born on October 7, 1935 during the Depression years, which were soon followed by World War II. I was young enough that neither had much impact on me. Some foods were rationed. I think sugar, butter and meat. You had coupons for these each month and could only buy that amount, then you had to wait until next month. We had plenty of food on the farm and grew food for the extended family as well. Gas and tires were also rationed so we didn't do any unnecessary driving. We often traded services with Uncle Hugh Hill - he fixed the car or sold tires and we provided meat and vegetables. My mother went back to teaching for two or three years as teachers were in short supply. She taught at Eton Rugby and Glengoland schools and took me with her wherever she was teaching.
The farm was still mixed farming when I was young. Later it became exclusively a dairy farm. When I was a child we still had no electricity, phones or running water in the house, so we lived like pioneers in lots of ways.
Because we lived without many of the comforts that people had in Dryden didn't necessarily mean we were poor. Rather, as the area was so sparsely populated, Hydro lines had not been brought into the area, especially up the side roads. We didn't feel deprived as everyone was in the same situation. My family lived quite comfortably. Once the Depression and rationing from the war years was over, we didn't deny ourselves anything we needed although we worked very hard to achieve that standard.
Finally, Hydro lines were brought up our road sometime after the war and before Don was born in 1951. By a strange coincidence my brother-in-law Gus Hungle was one of the electricians who put the lines in, a fact we discovered after I married Gerry in 1956.
Drinking water was pumped, then carried in from the well in the yard and kept on a pail on the counter with a tin dipper hanging beside it. We collected water in rain barrels in summer and melted snow in winter on the wood stove. Later, a cement cistern was built in the basement where rain water could accumulate and a pump was installed to pump it up into the kitchen. All water for baths, dishwashing and laundry etc. had to be heated in large boilers on the stove. We had a reservoir on one side of the stove that was kept filled with water and when the stove was on, the water would be warm (not hot).
The furnace was also wood-burning - it had just one large vent - to the living room covered with a metal grille and a square in the floor of one upstairs bedroom so some heat could get upstairs (not much). As a baby, I burned my hands on the living room grille and had to be taken by train to Dryden to the doctor. In the winter I would jump out of bed, grab my clothes and run downstairs to dress in the living room. We had baths in a metal tub in the kitchen (after heating water) and of course, had outdoor toilets. I think mom had a wringer washer that was operated by gasoline of some kind.
We used coal oil lamps for light as well as Aladdin lamps with mantles and gas lanterns. We had to light the lamps at night and had small lamps to use in the bedroom which didn't give much light so it wasn't easy to read in bed (although I sometimes did with a flashlight). When we finally got electricity we really appreciated the light.
We did make ice cream as we always had milk and cream available. We had an ice-cream maker and used salt and ice to freeze it. It had to be eaten right away in the summer so we usually made it on Sundays when we had relatives visiting. It was always good, though rich, and some of us wish we still had the recipe.
I had a happy childhood though sometimes lonely, as I was the only child in a house of adults. As well as Grandma living with us, we usually had a hired man to help my father.
We had quite a variety of helpers from teenagers to older men. Some of them were a bit eccentric. I remember one who claimed he could see the Rocky Mountains from our farm. Another would come into the house in the afternoon and eat any baked goods he could find, including the dessert Mom had made for supper. Mom was philosophical about it. She said "He's young, he's at the age where he's always hungry." Grandma however, began taking supper's dessert upstairs with her when she had her afternoon nap and kept it there until supper time. Many of the hired men however, were young men from the community who fit into our family well. Bob Wall and George & Clayton Dunn were three that I remember. They treated me like a sister and would always give me a ride anywhere I wanted to go.
The hired man we remember best though, was John Cetnar, who was with us for years off and on. He was a good-natured man with a good sense of humour and was well liked by my friends and cousins as well as by Don and me. His fondness for spending time in the beer parlour in Dryden (when he could get there) often annoyed my parents. But I remember his jokes, his unfailing patience and good nature with children. He enjoyed listening to the fights on the radio and making nickel bets with me. When Don was young, John often took him fishing and hunting. After a Saturday night on the town in Dryden he brought home hamburgers from the Husky and on Sunday he and Don would go on picnics with their cold burgers.
As a child I found plenty to do in Oxdrift. I was fortunate to have visits with cousins on weekends and summers. Diane, Barb and I were very close in age and Renee was a bit younger. None of us had sisters but we have been pretty close all our lives - maybe better than sisters, as we never fight and didn't even as kids as I recall. George Harris was about the same age, and he spent a lot of time on the farm too. We were the younger group of cousins until Don was born in 1951. (Excerpt Only)

More About Marjorie Eileen Adams:
Religion: United

More About Gerald Poling and Marjorie Adams:
Marriage: 22 December 1956, Simcoe, Ontario, Canada
Children of Marjorie Adams and Gerald Poling are:
+ 29 i.   Karen Lynn5 Poling, born 27 April 1958.
+ 30 ii.   Steven Gerald Poling, born 25 February 1960 in Simcoe, Ontario, Canada.
  31 iii.   Michael Peter Poling5, born 3 May 1970 in Espanola, Ontario, Canada. He married Simone Marian Richard 5 September 1998 in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada; born 25 March 1974 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
  More About Michael Peter Poling:
Degree: September 2004, Masters of Science (Physiotherapy)
Medical Information: Allergic to Penicillin
Occupation: Bet. 1993 - 2003, Kinesiologist
Residence: Bet. 2000 - 2004, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

  More About Simone Marian Richard:
Degree: May 2001, B.Sc. (Education)
Occupation: 2001, Primary Teacher

  More About Michael Poling and Simone Richard:
Marriage: 5 September 1998, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

      13. Hugh4 Nicholson (Lena3 Adams, John2, Thomas1)5 was born 7 March 1928. He married Elizabeth Fraser November 1949. She was born in Powell River, Ontario, Canada.

More About Hugh Nicholson and Elizabeth Fraser:
Marriage: November 1949
Children of Hugh Nicholson and Elizabeth Fraser are:
  32 i.   Linda5 Nicholson.
  33 ii.   Lori Nicholson.
  34 iii.   Jack Nicholson.
  35 iv.   Rick Nicholson.

Page 13 of 24

Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page

Home | Help | About Us | | | Site Index | Terms of Service | PRIVACY
© 2009