Born in 1752 Died in 1823 Son of William Todd Livingston and Sarah Ware Married Isobel (Isabell?) Robins Children:
(1) William Livingston Born 1780 Died 1840
Married Hannah Mary Smith (2) Frances Ware Livingston Born 1770
(3) Sarah Livingston Married Bentley/Beatty
(4) Susannah Livingston Married Owen Adkins
(5) Elizabeth Livingston Born 1797 Died 1867
Born 1780 Died 1840 Son of William Livingston and Isabell Robins Married Hannah Mary Smith who died in 1840 Children (1) John Livingston Born 1800 Married Susan Collins who was born in 1800 Children Mary Ann Livingston - born 1818 - died 1890 Married Oliver Ivins Jackson - born 1812 - died 1873 Thomas R. Livingston Rebecca Livingston Married Anderson Buckridge - born 1830 - died 1872
(2) Francis Livingston Born 1800 (3) Nancy Livingston Born 1804 Married Joseph Buckridge (4) Samuel Livingston Born 1807 Married Hannah Robinson Children Frances Fanny Livingston Born 1854 Married Thomas Robison (5) Thomas Livingston Born 1807 (6) William Todd Livingston Born 1810 (7) Margaret Livingston Born 1812 (8) Mary Ann Livingston Born 1812 (9) Try Smith Livingston Born 1815 (10) Nathaniel Livingston Born 1816 (11) Adelaida Livingston Born 1816
Frances Ware Livingston Born 1770 Married Samuel Hensley who was born August 26, 1767 and died 1826 Children 1. Elizabeth Hensley Born 1788 Married ______ Holmes
2. Sarah Ware Hensley Born 1789 Married Andrew Means, Jr. - born 1789 - died 1875. Children John Means Born 1812 Married Eliza Marr Mary Ann Means Born 1814 Married James McCorkle Jane Clemence Means Born 1815 Adam Means Born 1817 Louise Means Born 1819 Married William Hayter William Means Born 1821 Foster Means Born 1823 James Monroe Means Born 1826 Frances Elizabeth Means Born 1829 Married John L. McMahan 3. Pothena Hensley Born 1793 Married _____ Smith 4. William Livingston Hensley Born 1796 Married Mary "Polly" Harrington 5. Benjamin Hensley Born 1789 6. Margaret Hensley Born 1801 Married Terra Smith 7. John Ware Hensley Born 1804 Married Armenta Hensley 8. Henry Ware Hensley Born 1806 Married Sally Harrington Children: Samuel J. Hensley Born about 1845 - Missouri Died January 1, 1918 - Marfa, Presidio County, Texas Samuel, the youngest son of Henry Ware Hensley and Sarah Ann Harrington, was a Dr. and in later life Proprietor and Editor of the Marfa Town Talk newspaper
Children: Mary S. Hensley - born January 14, 1897 - died December 3, 1930 - Del Rio, Texas Married Russell Glasco Hoak (born September 8, 1897 - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - died April 22, 1972 - Rolla, Missouri)
9. Thomas Livingston Hensley Born 1813 Married Junetta Smith 10. Samuel J. Hensley Born September 16, 1817 - Lexington, Kentucky Died January 7, 1866 - Warm Springs, Alameda County, California Married Helen Sealy/Seeley Crosby April 7, 1851 - Santa, Clara County, California Times Colonist, Victoria, B.C., Canada January 17, 1866 Samuel J. Hensley, formerly President of the California Steam Navigation Company, died at the Warem Springs, Alameda County, this morning, of a disease of the liver accompanied with general debility. He was aged about fifty. He leaves a wife and two children, a son about sixteen and a daughter about eleven, who inherit a large estate.
In 1860 Major Samuel J. Hensley bought The Brother Jonathan. It was a wooden steamer built in 1850. It carried passengers and cargo from San Francisco to Victoria, B.C., Canada. On July 30th, 1865, the ship struck a hidden rock a few miles from Crescent City and sunk. Among those that went down with the ship was John P. Hensley, storekeeper/fireman.
Major Hensley was also part of the Chiles-Walker party, and in Sutter's army. (John Bidwell, Prince of California Pioneers; Bankcroft's Works; Prairie Schooner Detours; Disaster Log of Ships)
Elizabeth Livingston Born 1797 Died 1867 Married Ahijah Means who was born 1780 and died 1847 Children 1. Mahala Means Born 1814 Married David Kent Children: Andrew Jackson Kent Born 1829 - died 1894 Married Diadama Silence - born 1840 - died 1910 Thurse Jane Kent Born 1831 Married John L. Adams Thomas Kent Born 1831 Abijah Kent Born 1833 - died 1896 Married Maranda Laster Mary E. Kent Born 1835 Married William Stevenson William C. C. Kent Born 1836 Nancy C. Kent Born 1838 Anna Kent Born 1840 - died 1860 Married Jacob Eisiminger Lavina R. Kent Born 1843 2. George W. Means Born 1816 - died 1848 Married Sylvia irwin - born 1836 - died 1848 3. William Carroll Means Born 1818 - died 1903 Married Louisa J. Baker - died 1903 4. Thursa Means Born 1820 Married Pleasant Smith 5. Siotha Jane Means Born 1823 - died 1911 Married Abraham Howard - died 1911 6. Mary Elizabeth Means Born 1825 - died 1848 Married William Shelton - born 1822 - died 1905 Children: James K. Shelton Born 1844 - died 1915 Married Amanda Babcock - born 1856 - died 1930 7. Robert Means Born 1826 8. Rachel Means Born 1828 Married _____ Shelton 9. Adam Henry Means Born 1830 - died 1905 Married Pauline Moore - died 1905
More About William Livingston: Identifier Number: 191. Record Change: 13 Mar 2002