In addition to the above named, research has also been made, in part, of our Garner (Bethnal Green,England), Jewson (Spitalfields, England) and Woodstock (possibly Ireland) families. Thanks are extended to, amongst others, 4th. cousin Alice King ne้ Johnson (Utah, USA),2nd. cousin Elaine Martin ne้ Garner (Queensland, Australia), my wife's uncle Harry Taylor, my 2nd. cousin George Pummell and, my cousin, the late Albert Trinnaman. The study made by the latter during the early 1980's, i.e before widespread use of the Internet,and presented in 1985, is irreplacable. Two connections with the Huguenots are included. An aunt, Harriet Bartlett, born 1899 was of that faith as were the ancestors of my great grandmother Mary Ann Cannell, born 1819. Of the latter there is a line going back to Normandy, France, when Louis Eude had married Girett Beunes, they having both been born about 1640..... RON PUMMELL,August 2005.
- Hannah Garner,born 1875. (21 KB)
Hannah (Annie)was the sister of Harry Garner.
- William John Taylor. 1890-1973. (53 KB)
William, a lovely man, grandfather of June, was in 1919, P.C.325, 'J'Division, Bethnal Green.
- Don and Alice King and family. (267 KB)
Alice is descended from James Trinnaman whose spouse, and children, migrated to Utah about 1869 following their conversion to the Mormon Church in Deptford, London by missionaries and James early death in the UK.
- Peter Pummell, 1897-1959. (14 KB)
My Dad served in World War One in the Queen Victoria Regt., Royal Fusiliers, number 8546.
- William Pummell, 1862-1920. (77 KB)
William, my grandfather, wearing unknown regalia, possibly Licensed Victuallers.
- Taken about 1870. Joseph Trinnaman and family (80 KB)
My great grandfather Joseph (1840-1899), his wife Sarah ne้ Kelley, b 1842, and mother Ann Nicholls(c.1821-1899)
- Caroline Garner ne้ Nicholls, born 1845. (23 KB)
Caroline was the mother of Harry Garner who together with his wife Phoebe and children were the first known of the Garner family to migrate to Australia.
- 1935. The marriage of June's parents. (77 KB)
Wedding day for John Jarvis and Gladys Elizabeth Taylor.
- Louisa Garner, 1882-1952. (28 KB)
Louisa Clifford (ne้ Garner) was the sister of Harry Garner.
- Henry (Harry) Garner and his wife Phoebe (Jewson). (97 KB)
This photo would have taken in the UK prior to Harry's sailing to Australia in 1912.
- Frances Phoebe Taylor, ne้ Culmer, 1868-1955. (117 KB)
Frances was a maternal great grand-mother of my wife June.
- Circa 1961.Two Pummell Ladies and one soon to be. (69 KB)
l to r. My sister Ellen, my Mum and June soon to be Mrs. Pummell.
- Marianne's Christening. August 2005. (264 KB)
Our family group of June, son John and his wife Judith, together with grandchildren William and Marianne and me.
- Pereira Street, Bethnal Green (35 KB)
In this street June's great grandfather Richard Jarvis together with his wife Hannah (Wright) and children lived in 1885.
- Abt. 1915. Young Trinnaman's (24 KB)
l to r.Albert (1900),May a friend,Sarah (1898),my Mum Ada (1897) and George (1901).
- Ellen Pummell, ne้ Jewson. 1865-1910. (22 KB)
My paternal grand-mother Ellen (or Eleanor or Helena)came from a family of shoemakers.
- Thomas Trinnaman 1903 to 1962 (23 KB)
Thomas was a cousin of my mother's and the father of Pat Darcy, ne้ Trinnaman.
- My grand mother Mary Ann Johnson and 3 children. (42 KB)
The Trinnaman children in this photograph, taken about 1917, are Hetty (1910), Ivy (1914) & Lilian (1912).
- Peter and Ada Pummell, ne้ Trinnaman, with Ellen. (58 KB)
My Mum and Dad with sister Ellen taken about 1925