I am searching for the many descendants of George William RITTER.
George was born in February 1833 in Frederick Co., VA. He died April 5, 1905 in Crawford Twp., Wyandot Co., OH.
George married Mary Catharine LIMERICK on April 17, 1860 in Berryville, Clarke Co., VA. Mary Catharine LIMERICK was born to William LIMERICK and Eliza JARVIS. She was born March 4, 1839 in Winchester, Frederick Co., VA. She had ten other brothers and sisters. Mary died on February 5, 1915 in Bucyrus, Crawford Co., OH.
The children of George and Mary RITTER's marriage were:
1. Charles Edward RITTER m. (1) Maria Catherine LUDLOW; (2) Mary KARR; (3) Lovisa EARL.
2. Hugh James RITTER m. Emma Louisa WASHBURN.
3. Matilda Jane RITTER m. (1) William B. BREWER; (2) Charles SOBLEY.
4. George W. RITTER m. Julia Iva BURK.
5. Albert RITTER m. Nora METHENE.
6. Mary Ellen RITTER m. (1) John GILMORE; (2) John R. MILLER.
7. Sophia Anna RITTER m. James LANKER.
8. Melvin Luther RITTER m. Bessie Estella JOSEPH.
9. Frederick Carl RITTER m.(1) Elizabeth KOPPE; (2) Della UNKNOWN.
10. Herman John RITTER m. Bessie Gertrude DIETELBACH.
George and Mary RITTER apparently moved the family from the Frederick Co., VA area between 1863 and 1865 establishing a new home in Wyandot Co., OH. Sometime after the last child was born George and Mary RITTER separated or divorced. George remained in the Carey, Wyandot Co., OH region. Mary spent time back in Frederick Co., VA, and in Bucyrus, Crawford Co., OH ultimately dying in Bucyrus.
George William Ritter is my great-great-grandfather. I'd be grateful for any information or possible links you might provide. This is only a small listing of the information I have uncovered. I'd be glad to share more with you either by snail mail or email. This information is current as of January 1, 2004.