Descendents of Michael Gannon 1791-, Mary Pauline McAnn 1796Updated September 5, 2000
|Researching data in Ontario, Canada regarding the following families:BURKE - CANNON - GANNON - GORMAN or O'GORMAN - GRACE -McINNIS - McMANUS - O'SHAUGHNESSY - RYAN - SHULTZ - SMITH or SMYTHE.
Inquiries and help would both be welcome.
Michael Gannon & Mary Pauline McCann (or McGaghran or McAran) had at least 7 children:
1. Rosanna Gannon 1824- m1. Mr. McInnis,m2. Michael Grace
2. Thomas Gannon 1826-1902 m. Bridget Smythe(e) or Smith
3. Michael Gannon 1828- m. Mary O'Shaughnessy
4. Patrick Gannon 1831-1891 m. Ellen O'Gorman
5. Edward Gannon 1832- m. Mary (O'?) Gorman
6. Dennis Gannon 1831-1903 m1. Elizabeth McManus, m2. MaryAnn Cannon 1842-1908
7. Bridget Gannon 1840
It is believed that Mick, Tom and Patrick GANNON came from County Cork, Ireland, along with the Canon and O'Shaugnessy people in 1848 approximately. Rumour has it that some of the family first settled in North Montreal. One year after coming, the brothers sent for Dennis Gannon and his mother (Mary McAran). One brother went to Ottawa; an uncle to California.
DENNIS GANNON (1831-1903) married MARY ANN CANNON (1842-1908); received a land grant in McLure Township, Hastings, (Maynooth) Ontario, Canada on June 30, 1879. They had eleven children: 1. Michael (m. Sarah McNally),
2. John (m. Julia Twa),
4. Dennis (m. Mary Ann O'Shaughnessy),
5. Brigid Eleanor (m. MICHAEL BURKE),
6. Margaret Ann (m. JEREMIAH BURKE),
7. James (m1. Sarah Ann O'Shaughnessy,
m2. Emilie Bertha Schultz),
9. Elizabeth (m. Michael O'Shaughnessy),
Mary Ann's parents were BARTHOLOMEW CANNON and Margaret Sweeney. Her siblings were John (m. Catherine Gannon), James (m. Anne Green), Daniel, Patsy, William, Thomas and Martin (m. Eliz. Hickey).
Emilie Bertha Schultz, was the daughter of GUSTUV SCHULTZ (with our without the "t"), and Wilhamina Kiestge (sp?) or Nitchke (sp?). Her siblings were Wilhamina (m. John Rahn), Albert, and Martha. Gustuv (1881-1936) and his wife came from Germany.
Michael Burke's parents were John Burke and Margaret Ryan. His parents were from Tipperary, Ireland. He was born 1868, died 1935.
Information would be appreciated, and shared (currently have over 1200 names).
Linda Dianne Gannon
, Ontario Canada
Edit Your Page
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|