Big changes have come to — all content is now read-only, and member subscriptions and the Shop have been discontinued.
Learn more

Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals |InterneTree |Sources

View Tree for Francis Berry, Jr.Francis Berry, Jr. (b. Abt. 1755, d. October 08, 1816)

Francis Berry, Jr. (son of Francis Berry, Sr. and Isabell) was born Abt. 1755 in Washington Co., VA, and died October 08, 1816 in Whitley Co., KY. He married Sarah Sharp on 1775 in Fincastle, Virginia, daughter of John Sharp, Sr and Jane Hamilton.

 Includes NotesNotes for Francis Berry, Jr.:
Francis Berry and his family were at Martin's Station in the spring of 1780, when Byrd and several hundred Indians attacked and killed or captured all inhabitants. Francis, his wife Sarah and their children John Wesley and Isabelle were marched to Detroit and then on to Montreal, Canada where they were held as prisoners of war until the war was over. Their son, Lewis, was born in Nov 1781, while they were POW's

Return of Prisoners sent from Niagra & Arrived at Montreal this 4 Oct 1782
Frans Berry

Children of Francis Berry and Sarah Sharp are:
i. John Wesley Berry,,, born June 20, 1776 in Martins Station, Fincastle, Virginia; died January 03, 1860 in Meadow Creek, Whitley, Kentucky; married Nancy Agnes Clark September 20, 1804 in Bourbon, Kentucky; born April 22, 1782 in Augusta, Virginia; died March 19, 1864 in Meadow Creek, Whitley, Kentucky.

Burial: Craig's Chapel, Whitley, Kentucky

Burial: Craig's Chapel, Whitley, Kentucky

ii. Isabelle "Ibby" Berry, born March 10, 1778 in Martins Station, Kentucky, Virginia; died November 26, 1858 in Clarksville, Johnson, Arkansas; married James King Abt. 1797 in Tennessee; born 1761 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania; died 1819 in Maysville, Dickson, Tennessee.

More About James King:
Christening: Hurrican Creek, Humphrey, Tennessee

iii. Lewis Berry, born November 02, 1781 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada; died 1812.

iv. Benjamin Berry, born January 30, 1785 in Washington, Virginia; married Margaret "Peggie" King Abt. 1805 in Tennessee; born February 15, 1786 in Sullivan, Franklin, USA.

v. Elizabeth Berry, born October 27, 1786 in Lincoln, Virginia; died November 18, 1865 in Whitley, Kentucky; married Thomas Sharp 1803 in Tennessee.

vi. Sally Sharp Berry, born March 12, 1788 in Lincoln, Virginia; died October 18, 1874 in Linn, Missouri; married William Dryden 1806 in Knox, Kentucky.

vii. Marie Ann Berry, born September 24, 1789 in Lincoln, Virginia.

viii. Ann Berry, born June 07, 1790 in Lincoln, Virginia.

ix. Francis Berry, Jr,, born October 14, 1791 in Sullivan, Territory of the US South of the River Ohio, USA; died November 06, 1880 in Linn, Oregon; married Pamela Mahan November 02, 1823 in Whitley, Kentucky; born October 22, 1804 in Pulaski, Kentucky; died January 28, 1882 in Linn, Oregon.

x. Lucinda Berry, born October 07, 1794 in Lincoln, Kentucky; married Mr Owens Abt. 1815 in Virginia.

xi. Dale Lafayette Berry, born January 23, 1796 in Lincoln, Kentucky; married Polly Poterfield Abt. 1815 in Virginia.

xii. Louise Berry, born March 26, 1798 in Lincoln, Kentucky; died January 18, 1862; married Charles Owens Abt. 1820 in Virginia; born December 29, 1793 in Pennsylvania; died September 06, 1873 in Monroe, Tennessee.

More About Charles Owens:
Burial: Monroe, Tennessee

xiii. Mary Berry, born 1800 in Lincoln, Kentucky.
by Mrs. Adelaide Berry Duncan

Written to her youngest son, George Duncan

September 11, 1893

Dear George: Your papa's grandfather and grandmother, John and Nellie Duncan, and grandfather and grandmother, Frank and Sally Berry moved from Virginia during the Revolutionary War to Kentucky. I don't know just where, but it was somewhere in the best part of the state. There was quite a little colony of them but I do not know the names of any except these families. They took up claims of land and complied with what was necessary to secure their claims. I don't know what it was nor how long they had been there til they were compelled to move for safety to a fort or blockhouse where they were taken by British officers and soldiers who had Indians with them to whom the British gave all their household goods except two suits of clothes and two blankets to each man and the same to each woman.

I remember hearing my grandmother tell how the Indians would toss the pillows in the air after they had ripped the ticking to make the feathers fly in the wind and how they would laugh. They wanted the cloth but not the feathers.

They then started on their march to Detroit, where they stayed awhile and then on to Montreal where they stayed until peace was declared. They were liberated to get back as best they could. There was one family along who had a young woman, a daughter who complained of a toothache for some weeks. When someone examined her mouth, they found a cancer had eaten through her cheek, all but the skin. She died soon after and the officers only allowed them to stop long enough to pile up a few rocks on her body. Charles Gatliffe was the father's name. He came back to Kentucky and I saw him after he was eighty years of age. I also saw two of his daughters, Betsy Martin and Sally Feris. I also saw his sons, Moses, Aaron, Reece, Jim and Cornelius. I suppose Joe remembers having seen one of his grandsons, Charles Gatliffe, who moved to Missouri a short time before we left Iowa for Princeton. His wife was papa's cousin, Polly Early, and your Uncle Harvey Green married their daughter, Lillian.

I heard my grandmother say she saw the Indians kill two children. It was very cold for part of their journey and once when a great fire of logs was burning where they camped, an Indian picked up a child that was standing near and threw it on the fire. No one dared to try to get it out. On another occasion, a woman was carrying a little babe and she was almost exhausted when an Indian jerked it from her arms and thrust his tomahawk in its head and threw the child to one side of the road and drove her on.

While they were in Montreal, the men were made to repair the English ships and the women cooked and washed for the English officers. On one occasion, the men found a case of wine on the ship and drank the wine. The officers put them in prison or the guard house and my grandmother Berry went to the guard house and begged for their release until they were released. I don't know what their punishment would have been.

I don't know if any of the young men were put on the English ships to make them fight against their own country or not. Your Grandfather Duncan and four other young men were going to be put on a man-of-war in the morning and your grandfather's oldest sister baked bread and fixed up some provisions. They stole a canoe and crossed the St. Lawrence to the American side and got away. They traveled through the hostile Indian country til they reached the settlement in Pennsylvania. On the outskirts of the settlement they found a deserted place, an iron pot, and a potato patch. I heard your father tell how they boiled potatoes and ate with such appetites. Your Grandmother Duncan told me that their friends did not know, til after peace and they returned from Montreal whether these young men were drowned in the St. Lawrence, whether they were killed by Indians, whether they were lost in the wilderness and perished, or whether they were safe. She did not know the name of a single one of her husband's companions and I never heard her say who they were. I am sorry I did not ask your Uncle Harve Duncan for he may have known. I do not know whether there was any fighting at the fort or not in Kentucky or whether they surrendered to the greater number without fighting.

All the way, I can approximate the time they moved from Virginia to Kentucky. My Grandfather Berry fought in the battle at King's Mountain and he was also a scout before they moved to Kentucky. After my papa got to practicing law, he got a pension from a Duncan McFarland who was a scout with my grandfather. I remember how the hair seemed to stand on my head as I lay in my trundle bed and listened to McFarland tell papa of their exploits. At one time, he and a Charlie Miller ran with the Indians after them thirty miles to a blockhouse.

As the prisoners were leaving Canada, they crossed some lake in a ship which was very crowded and manned by French-Canadian sailors. A storm arose and the sailors got frightened and quit work. They started to pray and cross themselves when an Englishman, perhaps an officer came on them and cursed and swore and ripped and tore around and kicked them and made them get to work. Finally, they got safely to land. I remember hearing grandfather tell of hearing his father laughing about it. Grandmother said there were piles of feathers-floating in the eddies of the lake shore that looked like white houses; the shedding of many waterfowls on the lake.

My Uncle Lewis Berry was born in Montreal. He died in the American Army in the War of 1812. As our ancestors were coming home, they passed the Niagara Falls. All heard its roar and some of the men went to see it but the women and children were too weary to go. They went back to Kentucky to where they had been captured and found men on their claims. Both your great grandfathers, John Duncan and Frank Berry, sued at law for their claims but lost their suit. Berry's long tongue made him say the judge was a perjured scoundrel. The judge sued him for slander and got judgement for eight hundred dollars.

Then, the poor-weary souls went back to Virginia where they had lived before they went to Kentucky and raised their families there.

Quite a number of the children afterwards moved to Whitley County, KY where your papa and I were born and raised and married. My Grandmother Berry, in her old age, also came there and died in 1834. 1 only remember of seeing your Grandfather Duncan twice. Alec Laughlin, your Papa's cousin, married in Whitley Co. and moved to Tennessee where Elinor Litton was born. He came back on a visit and stopped at his Uncle's (your Grandfather Duncan's) and they both came to Watt's Creek where my papa and your papa's Uncle Tommy Laughlin lived.

They stopped at our house and it was a hot day and your Aunt Candice and I had taken off our dresses and were running around in our chemises, which were long and long sleeved. They came on us unaware and we went to the back of the house and sat on a chest while they laughed at us. I remember how your grandfather looked. He was very much the make and size of your papa but his hair was black and I think his eyes were blue. I afterwards saw him riding past our house on a white horse. He wore a high bell crowned hat and a blue jeans frock coat. (I have seen the hat and coat after I was married and ridden the white mare whose name was Ginger.) He was a dear nephew to my grandmother and I know she loved him. I know my papa loved him too. He died from dry salivation caused by taking a dose of calomel measured out on a case knife blade by an old woman who had more confidence in herself then good sense. I remember when word came to us that Johnny Duncan was dying. My papa hurried off and took a handful of nails. Mama asked him what he did that for. He said to put in the coffin. Years afterwards, I learned that was an old country superstition but its meaning I never heard. He got there in time to write his will before he died and moved him after his death. He had been dead six years when your papa and I were married; that would have made his death to have occurred in 1832. Your papa and I lived with your Grandmother Duncan the first year after we were married and she loved to talk about him. She said he was a remarkably strong man for his size. When he was a young man, it was the custom for the neighbors to all unite and help each other cut small grain with sickles and the young women would do the cooking and sometimes they would go to the fields and use the sickles to good purpose. Then, each night they would have a dance. Your grandmother said your grandfather worked all day and danced all night for two days and two nights without sleep. I don't believe his sons or grandsons or great grandson could do that, even if they can ride a bicycle.

I don't know whether the Gatliff family moved from Virginia or Tennessee to Kentucky or not. I only know that they were together in their captivity. I don't know whether the British gave them any money to get home on or not. Grandfather Berry never paid the $800. He somehow got a farm in Sullivan County, Tennessee where his family was raised, but it was always in-the name of Billy King, grandmother sister's husband.' My papa said your Grandfather Duncan was so far gone when he got there he was in no condition to make a will, but your Uncle Harvey and Joe Duncan said for your grandmother's sake, to have it done to not add to her distress by breaking up her home by taking two thirds of everything, the farm, the Negroes, and dividing it amongst the children, as they knew your Uncle Joe Sullivan would insist on doing if there was no will. So, the will was written giving your grandmother everything, the farm, the Negroes and everything else as long as she lived and at her death all was to be equally divided amongst the children. I guess it was pretty hard for Sullivan not to try and break the will. After I was married, I heard your Aunt Mareissa say "the children ought to have had the little that was coming to them a long time ago." But he knew that your Uncle Harve and Joe would not give him any child's play if he undertook the law with them. They were the executors.

Well, as I am writing in order, seems I will shift the plot and go to Maine on the Kennebee River. One night, Lincoln Ryder was with us til bedtime and he and Lillie got to telling of their ancestors. Lillie started and made me tell of your grandfather's escape from Montreal. He told of one of his grandfather's straying too far from the settlement up the Kennebee and being captured by the Indians and kept about a year. They treated him kindly in their way and got to trusting him to some extent. On a cold day, when the river was frozen over, they were skating with Indian skates and after a while, had him try it. He was very awkward and stumbled and fell and gave them great amusement til he saw his chance. He then bid them good-bye and struck out down the river. He watched when none of then had their skates on and got away but they shot arrows at him and at his feet to entangle them with the arrows but he got away safely home.

At one time, there were four generations living at his father's house; a great-grandfather, his grandparents, his parents, and their children. His grandmother lived to be I think one hundred and four years old. The manager of the county fair had her put on the platform to exhibit herself after she was a hundred years' old. I heard my Papa tell of a man getting away from those who had him in custody and by the same kind of skating maneuver, but I think he was a criminal and got away from officers. Lillie wanted to know afterwards why I didn't tell my story . I told her I believed he was telling the truth and if I told my story, he would have thought perhaps that I did not believe him and was capping off one big story with another.

If I were back to ten or twelve years of age and knew more than I did then, how I would ply my grandmother and parents with questions.

I guess I will close my pioneer stories.- Nellie Duncan and Sally Berry were sisters. Sharp was their name before they were married.

Much love to all,

2nd Letter

Sunday P.M.

Sept.17, 1893

Dear George:

In looking over your letter, I find I did not answer all your questions. I don't know whether your Grandfather Duncan was much of a woodsman or not or whether he was much of a hunter for I think I would have heard talk of it if he had been.

Your grandmother's oldest brother, Tommy Laughlin, was a great hunter. His children used to sit on the woodpile when he went out with his gun and listen to hear a shot and then each would claim separate parts of the deer, such as the milt, the heart, the liver, or the ribs. Isaac King, his son-in-law, told this and he said he neglected his cornfield to hunt, like my papa did. I don't believe your Grandfather Duncan did this.

I don't know how long they were in the wilderness nor whether the family got together in Kentucky or not til after the old folks went back to Virginia.

Decatur Dryden's mother was the first child my Grandmother Berry had after her return from captivity and it may be he has heard her tell things she certainly heard her mother talk of.

Before our ancestors moved to Kentucky, they in Virginia, had to seek safety in a blockhouse. Your Grandmother Duncan told me this after I was married. She was a little girl and was drinking sweet sap, that was dripping from a sugar tree near her father's house. She had left one shoe and stocking in the house and a runner came galloping by calling out, "To the blockade house, the Indians are coming". Her father picked her up and poor lame man that he was, carried in her arms. By the time they got pretty near the blockhouse there was quite a crowd of neighbors. They stopped to drink at a little stream and your grandmother's little tin cup that had in her hand was all they had to drink out of. One woman pulled off her shoe and gave her children a drink out of it.

I do now know whether your Grandfather Duncan's family was in the blockhouse or not. My Grandfather and Grandmother Berry were; also Billy King whose wife was Betty Sharp before she was married.

There were five men killed by the Indians while they stayed in the blockhouse. They would go to their fields to get food and those inside would hear the shooting, and after a while, would go out and bring in their slain friends. They tied their feet together; also their hands and on a pole, then, two men would carry them. Your grandmother told of one poor German woman whose son Fritz was all the family she had. He was brought in that way. Your old grandmother would choke and stop, then with tears running down her cheeks, would tell how this poor woman would wring her hands and say, "Oh, my Fritz, my Fritz."

This Billy King was the one who afterwards held the deed to Grandfather Berry's farm. I heard Mama say he was as faithful as if grandmother's children had been his own, never took advantage of them. Your grandmother told me that one Sunday morning in the blockhouse, he dressed in his clean white flax linen pants and hunting shirt and laid the corner of his hunting shirt across his knee and took Isaac, his baby, on his knee. The baby had bowel complaint and stained his hunting shirt. He jumped up and tore around as if the Indians were after him.

my grandmother and his wife flew at him and got the baby away and the hunting shirt off him for he took out his knife and they had hard work to keep him from cutting off the corner that was so badly soiled. Did any of them ever think that any of their descendents would write this down more than a hundred years after it occurred. Your grandmother said to me, "Your grandmother was a beautiful women then

Isaac King moved to Whitley Co., Kentucky before my papa did and lived four miles from where I was raised.

I remember when I was a little girl of riding behind him to Williamsburg on a gib white stable horse. We were going to hear a Presbyterian preacher. I was going to ride behind Mama and Ellen Carr behind Papa when he said, "Put her behind me". I was so much afraid of him and of the horse too that it was anything but a "pleasant" ride to me. We crossed the Cumberland River, which was pretty full too.

Decatur Dryden's Grandmother Dryden was a Berry. I think my father's sister, but perhaps a cousin. Your Grandmother Duncan's mother was Polly Price before she was married to that lame weaver Jack Laughlin. She is the only one of your ancestors whose nationality I do not know. When your grandmother was a little girl, this Polly rode a fine young mare, that was a great favorite in the family, some miles to a neighbors and as she was coming home a bull that was roaming in the woods took after her and she ran the mare and got home safe. She wanted to keep the mare up til the bull left, but no, her husband turned her out, saying she would keep out of the bulls way. The next day, they found the mare dead -- gored to death by the bull.

#1 Francis Berry was born circa 1744-1755 and was the son of Francis Berry [Sr] and Isabell Unknown. Francis Sr died 1800 in Washington Co, VA and left a will naming his son Francis [Jr] This Francis [#1] married Sarah ‘Sally’ Sharp [1754-1834] circa 1775 most probably in Washington county Virginia since that is where her SHARP family had settled after PA. By 1780 Francis and Sarah were in Kentucky and were part of the event at Ruddles Fort/Martin’s Station which lead to their capture and imprisonment in Canada. Upon their return two years later, they stayed for quite a while in VA, but the family ultimatly settled in Whitley Co, KY. This Francis Berry left his wife and 12 children at some point and his death date is not documented, but occured sometime after 1800, possibly 1816. Sarah Sharp Berry died in 1834 in Whitely Co, KY and left a will naming her children. Children of #1 Francis Berry/Sarah Sharp* were:

John Wesley Berry (1776-1860), b. VA; d. KY; m. Nancy Agnes CLARK
Isabelle Berry (1778-1858) b. Martins’ Station KY; d. TN?; m. James KING
Lewis Berry (1781-1812) b. Montreal, Canada; d. ~1812
Benjamin Berry(1785-) b. KY?; d. ?
Elizabeth Berry(1786-1865) b. VA; d. KY; m. Thomas SHARP
Sarah Sharp Berry (1788-1874) b. VA; d. MO; m. Wm. DRYDEN, m. 1805-Washington Co, VA
Marie Ann Berry (1789-)
Ann Berry (1790-)
Francis 'Frank' Berry (1791-1880) m. Pamela MAHAN
Lucinda Berry(1794-)
Dele LaFayette Berry (1796-) m. Polly PORTERFIELD
Louise Berry (1798-) m. Charles OWENS
There is conflicting information about whether there is a 13th child, Mary, b.

The following is for Francis 'Frank' Berry (1791-1880) m. Pamela MAHAN

You didn't say where Barbour's Regiment was. I don't know whether the Francis Berry who married Permila Mahah was in the War of 1812 or not, but following is a Family Group Sheet on this couple. They were in Missouri by 1840 and moved to Oregon in 1852. Hope this helps. Carol
Name: Francis 'Frank' BERRY [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6]
Birth: 14 Oct 1791 KY [4]
Death: 6 Nov 1880 Lyons, Linn Co, Oregon [3], [5], [6]
Father: Francis BERRY [Jr] (1748->1816)
Mother: Sarah 'Sally' SHARP (1754-1834)
Marriage: 2 Nov 1823 Whitley Co, KY [2], [7], [6]
Spouse: Pamela MAHAN [3], [6]
Birth: 22 Oct 1804 Pulasky Co, KY [3], [5], [6]
Death: 28 Jan 1882 Linn Co, Oregon [3], [5], [6]
Father: James MAHAN Sr. (?-1839)
Mother: Nancy Ann GOODWIN (?-1840)

1 F: Eveline L. BERRY [6]
Birth: 29 Aug 1824 KY [6]
Death: 10 Apr 1881 OR [6]
Spouse: Robert George CUSICK
Marriage: 13 Mar 1861 OR [6]
2 M: Leander S. BERRY [6]
Birth: 29 Nov 1825 KY [6]
Death: 28 Sep 1831 MO [6]
Never married:
3 F: Mary A. BERRY [6]
Birth: 28 Oct 1827 KY [6]
Death: ca 1852 MO [6]
Never married:
4 M: John Preston BERRY [2], [6]
Birth: 10 Jun 1829 KY [6]
Death: 15 Aug 1905 Linn Co, Oregon [6]
Spouse: Martha F. McCROSKEY
Marriage: 4 Mar 1852 MO [6]
5 F: Sarah Ann BERRY [6]
Birth: 21 Jan 1831 [6]
Death: ca 1852 The Dalles, OR [6]
Spouse: Robert IRVINE
Marriage: 29 Nov 1848 MO [6]
6 F: Eleanor S. BERRY [6]
Birth: 12 May 1834 MO [6]
Death: 7 Sep 1837 MO [6]
7 M: James Monroe BERRY [2], [6]
Birth: 30 Apr 1838 MO [6]
Death: 12 Sep 1925 Linn Co, Oregon [6]
Spouse: Sarah Ann GARDNER
Marriage: 4 Feb 1858 OR [6]
8 F: Harriet S. BERRY [6]
Birth: 20 Mar 1844 MO [6]
Death: 1 Jul 1932 OR [6]
Spouse: Isaac Newton HENNE
Marriage: 8 Oct 1865 OR [6]
9 F: Josephine BERRY [2]
Birth: 15 May 1846 MO [6]
Death: 4 Dec 1906 OR [6]
Spouse: Samuel Marcus McCLANE
Marriage: 10 Dec 1865 OR [6]
10 M: William Marshall Owen BERRY [6]
Birth: 13 Aug 1848 MO [6]
Death: 16 Jul 1932 [6]
Spouse: Marry Ann BRANNAN
Marriage: 11 Sep 1874 WA [6]

1. Lois Sharp Tonoff, February, 2000, .
2. Stephen Alsip [Gregory Laughlin], ““Early Kentucky Families”,”, November, 2000.
3. John Lee Sharp, ““Ancestors of John Lee Sharp”,”, November, 2000.
4. “Family Record of Francis Berry and wife Sarah Sharp in Possession of Mrs. Frank Craig, Corbin, Whitley Co, KY” as certified by Ruby Berry Stallings, 3 Nov 1957. Leslie P. Dryden Correspondence with various descendants in 1950’s. Found in Notebook labeled: “DRYDEN, Shenandoah 3B, 314-437” Leslie Dryden Collection, Edward H. Nabb Research Center for Delmarva History and Culture at Salisbury State University, Power Professional Building, Wayne and Power Streets, Salisbury, Maryland 21801 [410/543-6312]
5. James Pederson < >
Descendant of Dale Lafayette Berry/Mary 'Polly' Porterfield
email August 2002, Berry Family History
6. "Francis Berry & Pamela Mahan"
Family Group Sheet from Verla McClane, January 31, 1932
1992, in possession of Patricia Mayo, 117-B via Estrada, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
7. Dodd, Jordan. Kentucky Marriages to 1850. [database online] Provo, UT:, 1997. Electronictranscription of marriage records held by the individual counties in Kentucky.

Land Acquisitions in the Region What Would Become Bourbon County, Virginia (Kentucky) 1779-1780

The following information is taken from the "Certificate Book of the Virginia Land Commission, 1779-1780," compiled by S. Emmett Lucas, Jr. (Southern Historical Press, Easly, South Carolina). Following are a few of the many land acquisitions found in this book.

Bob Francis, March, 2003

At a Court Cont'd & held at Bryants Station on Elkhorn Creek for adjusting Titles to unpatented Lands by the Commissioners of Kentucky District this 15th day of Jan'y 1780

Present Wm Fleming Stephen Trigg & Edmund Lyne-Gent'n

Francis Berry--(Cert issd for 400 fees &c pd D. D. to Jas Dunkin) Francis Berry by John Haggen this day claimed a preemption of 400 Acres of Land at the State price in the district of Kentucky lying on the Middle fork of Cuppers (Coopers) run about 1 Miles up the s'd Fork by making an Actual settlem't in March 1779 Satisfactory proof being made to the Court they are of Opinion that the s'd Berry has a right to a preempt. of 400 Acres of Land to include the above location & that a cert. issue accordingly.

(Cert iss’d for 400 fees &c pd D. D.) Solomon Letten this day claimed a preemption of 400 Acres of land at the State price in the district of Kentucky lying on the Middle fork of Coopers run above F. Berrys claim to lands by making an Actual settlem’t in the Month of March 1779 Satisfactory proof being made to the Court they are of Opinion that the s'd Letten has a right to a preemption of 400 Acres of land to include the above location & that a Cert issue Accordingly.

More About Francis Berry, Jr.:
Military service: Revolutionary Soldier.
Namesake: Could be Frank Berry.

More About Francis Berry, Jr. and Sarah Sharp:
Marriage: 1775, Fincastle, Virginia.

Children of Francis Berry, Jr. and Sarah Sharp are:
  1. +John Wesley Berry, b. June 20, 1776, Martins Station, Fincastle Co., VA, d. January 04, 1860, Meadow Creek, Whitley Co., KY.
  2. Sally Sharp Berry, b. March 12, 1788, Lincoln, Virginia, d. October 18, 1874, Linn Co., Missouri.
  3. Isabell Berry, b. March 10, 1778, Martins Station, Kentucky, Virginia, d. November 26, 1858, Clarksville, Johnson, Arkansas.
Created with Family Tree Maker

Home | Help | About Us | | | Site Index | Terms of Service | PRIVACY
© 2009