Notes for Frederick Hoschaar: Descendants of Friedrich Hoschaar (from familytreemaker.com - Register report of Fredrich Hoschaar) Dec 1999
Generation No. 1
1. FRIEDRICH5 HOSCHAAR (JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born March 06, 1753 in Pennsylvania, and died September 17, 1823 in Greene Co. Ohio. He married CHRISTIANA KREINERT November 19, 1753 in Berks Co.PA, daughter of ANDREAS KREINERT. She died in Greene Co. Ohio.
Notes for FRIEDRICH HOSCHAAR: Both died in Greene Co.Ohio and buried there. They had lived in Berks Co.PA from 1774-1788 then moved to Virginia and lived in Mason Co. West Virginia 1797-1801 then moving to Ohio in 1801. Columbia (near Cincinnati) staying there 2 years before moving on to Greene Co. Ohio. The first 5 children were born in Berks Co. PA Freidrich was also known as Rev. Hoschaar. also served in the American Revolution militia in PA. Received "Depreciation Pay" for services. source; Berks Co.PA
More About FRIEDRICH HOSCHAAR: Fact 1: served in the Revolution Militia. PA
Marriage Notes for FRIEDRICH HOSCHAAR and CHRISTIANA KREINERT: Frederick Hoschauer, son of Dewald Haschaar, married Christine Kreinert, dr. of Andrew Kreinert, on Nov. 19.1775 in the home of Fredrick's sister; Anna Barbara & brother-in-law Michael Stoltz, Berks Co. Pa. The ceremony was preformed by Rev. John Waldschmidt, pastor of Elper's Reformed Church, Bern Twp. Berks Co.PA. Source; 18th Century Berks Co,PA. Church records. Lancaster Historical Society,Lancaster,PA.
Children of FRIEDRICH HOSCHAAR and CHRISTIANA KREINERT are: 2. i. ANDREW6 HOSCHAAR, b. 1776, Berks Co. PA; d. May 1865, West Virginia. ii. JACOB HOSIER, b. February 13, 1778, Berks Co.PA; d. July 01, 1855; m. ANNA ROBINSON, November 10, 1813; b. 1793.
Notes for JACOB HOSIER: Jacob was one of the earliest settlers in Miami Valley, having voted on June 21.1803--to organize--Greene Co.Ohio. This couple had 10 children. Jacob died under the name of Jacob Hosier.
More About JACOB HOSIER: Fact 1: 1831, lived in Ohio
3. iii. JOHN PETER HOSIER, b. December 21, 1780, Berks Co.PA; d. April 1876, Hamilton Co.Indiana. 4. iv. CATHERINE HOSCHAAR, b. November 04, 1784, Berks Co.PA. v. PHILIP HOSCHAAR, b. October 29, 1786, Berks Co. PA; m. ELIZABETH ?.
Notes for PHILIP HOSCHAAR: 1860 Census: Philip lives at the household of his sister Barbara Ann Searle, Bureau Co. Illinois, Selby twp. Residence: August 25.1825: Butler Co.Ohio 1833: Rush Co. Indiana As of 1978: his children are unknown to this date. Update: 2/1999 - I came across info. on WFT. Vol.3 # 2237 Descendants of Philip Hosier. I will assume this to be the missing Philip, as there are several Hoshauer families listed in the 1st 5 volumes of WFT. It lists Philip's daughter to be a Barbara Searle, this is wrong info. even according to the dates. Barbara is Philip's sister!! (correction needs to be made to WFT. Vol.3 #2237)
More About PHILIP HOSCHAAR: Fact 1: August 25, 1825, lived in Butler Co.Ohio Fact 2: 1833, Rush Co. Indiana Fact 3: 1840, Madison Co. Indiana Fact 4: 1860, Bureau Co. Illinois (Selby twp.) Fact 5: 1978, children unknown at this time Fact 6: February 1999, I came across on WFT.Vol.3#2237 Descendants of Philip Hosier, I will assume this Fact 7: to be the missing Philip,as there are several Haschar families listed in the 1st Fact 8: volumes of WFT.
5. vi. JOHN HOSCHAAR, b. May 22, 1789, Shenandoah Co. Virginia; d. December 24, 1869, Greene Co. Ohio. vii. ELIZABETH HOSCHAAR, b. August 07, 1795, Shanendoah Co. Virginia; m. TIMOTHY SEARLE JR., May 09, 1821.
Notes for TIMOTHY SEARLE JR.: This couple lived in Greene Co. Ohio in 1825, but records indicate they moved to Bureau Co. Illinois (Hoskins Praire)
6. viii. ANNA BARBARA HOSCHAAR, b. January 31, 1799, Wheeling, West Virginia; d. September 13, 1891.
Generation No. 2
2. ANDREW6 HOSCHAAR (FRIEDRICH5, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born 1776 in Berks Co. PA, and died May 1865 in West Virginia. He married (1) SUSANNAH ?. She was born 1805. He married (2) SUSANNAH ?.
Notes for ANDREW HOSCHAAR: Andrew : Will in West Virginia. Lived in Harrison Co. Virginia in 1826 with his 2nd wife--Susannah ?
Children of ANDREW HOSCHAAR and SUSANNAH ? are: i. KATHERINE7 HOSCHAAR. 7. ii. JOHN PETER HOSCHAAR, b. August 22, 1822. 8. iii. ANDREW KRANIER HOSCHAAR, b. April 12, 1824. iv. ALEXANDER BLAIR HOSCHAAR, b. November 20, 1829; d. March 15, 1898; m. ELIZABETH RIFFLE; b. November 22, 1832; d. July 30, 1881.
Notes for ALEXANDER BLAIR HOSCHAAR: Apparently lived in Seymour, Iowa and La Platte, Nebraska. This couple had 9 children.
v. ALPHIAS G. HOSCHAAR, b. 1832.
Child of ANDREW HOSCHAAR and SUSANNAH ? is: 9. vi. FREDRICK S. T.7 HOSCHAAR, b. 1800; d. February 10, 1874.
3. JOHN PETER6 HOSIER (FRIEDRICH5 HOSCHAAR, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born December 21, 1780 in Berks Co.PA, and died April 1876 in Hamilton Co.Indiana. He married (1) HANNAH COX, daughter of MICHAEL COX. She was born September 26, 1784. He married (2) MARGARET ?.
Notes for JOHN PETER HOSIER: John 1st married Hannah ? He lived in Hamilton Co. Indiana, 1876. This couple had 8 children. 2nd marriage-- 1 child-Girl. also lived in Ohio, PA. and died in Indiana not later than April.1876 under the name--Peter Hosier. His Will is of record in Hamilton Co. Indiana. More information was found on internet, Genforum, Hosier Family surname.
Children of JOHN HOSIER and HANNAH COX are: 10. i. MAHLON7 HOSIER, b. January 14, 1811, Greene Co. Ohio; d. November 04, 1886, Madison Co.IN. ii. WILLIAM PETER HOSIER, b. 1814; d. 1864; m. HANNAH ANN LEMONS. iii. JAMES F. HOSIER, b. 1816; d. 1884, Hebron Thayer Co.Nebraska; m. LUCINDA HOSKINS, December 05, 1841, Bureau Co.Illinois. iv. JOHN HOSIER, b. 1817; m. REBECCA WADDLE. v. ANDREW HOSIER, b. 1821, Miami Co.Ohio; d. May 20, 1865, Portsmouth Grove,RI; m. MARGARET ADAIR UNDERWOOD, February 23, 1846, Crow Creek,Bureau Co.Illinois. vi. GEORGE G. HOSIER, b. December 25, 1824, DecaturCo.Indiana; d. April 18, 1899, Searles Ridge,Bureau Co.Illinois; m. ELIZABETH A. DOGETT, August 27, 1846, DecaturCo.Indiana. vii. BARBARA HOSIER, b. 1826; m. JAMES HOSKINS.
Child of JOHN HOSIER and MARGARET ? is: viii. EMALINE7 HOSIER, b. 1846.
4. CATHERINE6 HOSCHAAR (FRIEDRICH5, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born November 04, 1784 in Berks Co.PA. She married ? RADCLIFF.
Notes for ? RADCLIFF: They lived in Harrison Co. Virginia, 1829
Children of CATHERINE HOSCHAAR and ? RADCLIFF are: i. JAMES7 RADCLIFF. ii. JOHN RADCLIFF.
5. JOHN6 HOSCHAAR (FRIEDRICH5, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born May 22, 1789 in Shenandoah Co. Virginia, and died December 24, 1869 in Greene Co. Ohio. He married MARY HADDIX 1819. She was born 1803, and died June 10, 1870 in Greene Co. Ohio.
Notes for JOHN HOSCHAAR: This couple lived in Greene Co. Ohio. John bought the home place of his father-Friedrich, when he died in 1823.
Children of JOHN HOSCHAAR and MARY HADDIX are: i. HANNAH E.7 HOSCHAAR. ii. RYE HOSCHAAR. iii. GEORGE M. HOSCHAAR. iv. SARAH J. HOSCHAAR. v. SADE HOSCHAAR. vi. MARY E. HOSCHAAR. vii. MARIAH CATHERINE HOSCHAAR. viii. WILLIAM A.' HOSCHAAR. ix. JOHN WESLEY HOSCHAAR.
6. ANNA BARBARA6 HOSCHAAR (FRIEDRICH5, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born January 31, 1799 in Wheeling, West Virginia, and died September 13, 1891. She married BROWN SEARLE February 13, 1817 in Greene Co. Ohio. He was born May 15, 1797, and died January 27, 1867.
Notes for BROWN SEARLE: This couple lived in Greene Co. Ohio in 1825, but records indicate they moved to Bureau Co. Illinois. Both are buried in Searle Ridge Cemetary, Selby twp. Illinois.
Child of ANNA HOSCHAAR and BROWN SEARLE is: 11. i. WILLIAM7 SEARLE, b. March 26, 1833, Greene Co. Ohio; d. April 07, 1905, Hebron Thayer Co.Nebraska.
Descendants of Friedrich Hoschaar Generation No. 3
7. JOHN PETER7 HOSCHAAR (ANDREW6, FRIEDRICH5, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born August 22, 1822. He married ZILPHA VANMATRE January 03, 1843. She was born August 19, 1814.
Children of JOHN HOSCHAAR and ZILPHA VANMATRE are: i. SARAH CATHERINE8 HOSCHAAR, b. November 21, 1844; m. JOHN PLANTS. ii. ELISHA V. HOSCHAAR, b. January 27, 1845; d. May 08, 1864.
Notes for ELISHA V. HOSCHAAR: Elisha was killed while serving in the Civil War, he was 19 years old.
iii. ELIZABETH HOSCHAAR, b. August 11, 1846; m. JOSEPH F. PLANTS. iv. ANDREW KRINER HOSCHAAR, b. October 11, 1848; m. RHODA ELVINA PLANTS, April 19, 1866; b. March 07, 1846. v. BENJAMIN LEMASTER HOSCHAAR, b. April 05, 1852; m. JENNIE H. VANMATRE, September 20, 1888; b. May 18, 1866. vi. FREDRICK G. HOSCHAAR, b. February 26, 1856; m. SUSAN SIDERS, September 01, 1887.
8. ANDREW KRANIER7 HOSCHAAR (ANDREW6, FRIEDRICH5, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born April 12, 1824. He married SUSAN UTT February 23, 1851. She was born November 13, 1829.
Notes for ANDREW KRANIER HOSCHAAR: Andrew became a Minister. Records indicate they had several children. Listed here are just some of his children.
Children of ANDREW HOSCHAAR and SUSAN UTT are: i. VANLINDEN DIX8 HOSCHAAR, b. November 15, 1855. ii. JAMES ANDREW HOSCHAAR, b. March 28, 1859. iii. ALEXANDER HOSCHAAR, b. June 1868. iv. CALLIE VATHLORA HOSCHAAR, b. April 12, 1873.
9. FREDRICK S. T.7 HOSCHAAR (ANDREW6, FRIEDRICH5, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born 1800, and died February 10, 1874. He married (1) JEMIA OLDFIELD. He married (2) CATHERINE HALL August 31, 1830.
Notes for FREDRICK S. T. HOSCHAAR: Fredrick & his 1st wife, Catherine had 1 son do not know how many children to his 2nd wife,Jemia Oldfield.
Child of FREDRICK HOSCHAAR and CATHERINE HALL is: i. SON8 HOSCHAAR.
10. MAHLON7 HOSIER (JOHN PETER6, FRIEDRICH5 HOSCHAAR, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born January 14, 1811 in Greene Co. Ohio, and died November 04, 1886 in Madison Co.IN. He married NANCY GOSNELL, daughter of BENJAMIN GOSNELL and DORCAS FURNISH.
Notes for MAHLON HOSIER: source of info. internet: Genforum: Carolyn Jensen, firstname.lastname@example.org. Hosier family genealogy
Child of MAHLON HOSIER and NANCY GOSNELL is: 12. i. JOHN8 HOSIER, b. 1836, Indiana; d. 1909.
11. WILLIAM7 SEARLE (ANNA BARBARA6 HOSCHAAR, FRIEDRICH5, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born March 26, 1833 in Greene Co. Ohio, and died April 07, 1905 in Hebron Thayer Co.Nebraska. He married THERESIA HART HARDT December 15, 1853 in Bureau Co.Illinois, daughter of BARBARA HARDT.
Children of WILLIAM SEARLE and THERESIA HARDT are: i. MARY EMMA8 SEARLE, b. 1854. ii. MAHALA H. HALEY SEARLE, b. 1856. iii. LORETTA J. SEARLE, b. 1858. 13. iv. JESS H. SEARLE, b. November 05, 1859, Bureau Co.Illinois; d. April 13, 1918, Oklahoma. v. GEORGE P. SEARLE, b. February 17, 1864. vi. IDA A. SEARLE, b. November 1866.
Notes for IDA A. SEARLE: may have married a ? Holfman.
vii. MELISSA L. SEARLE, b. January 22, 1869.
Notes for MELISSA L. SEARLE: may have married a ? Simmmons
viii. ELLA B. SEARLE, b. July 02, 1871.
Notes for ELLA B. SEARLE: may have married a ? Jackson & also ? Gaston
ix. MINNIE MAY SEARLE, b. October 09, 1874.
Notes for MINNIE MAY SEARLE: may have married ? Seidler
Generation No. 4
12. JOHN8 HOSIER (MAHLON7, JOHN PETER6, FRIEDRICH5 HOSCHAAR, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born 1836 in Indiana, and died 1909. He married MARY ANN GRAY, daughter of AMOS GRAY and FRANCES WILLIS.
Notes for JOHN HOSIER: Residence: 1850 - This couple was living in Morgan Co. 1880 - Kokomo, Howard Co. Source: Margie Von Marenholtz> e-mail: email@example.com internet message; Genforum: Hosier Family Genealogy forum; http://www.genforum.com/hosier/ Margie writes that she has many early Hosier (Hoscher) families from research submitted by Scott F. Hosier, date, unknown to which is now on microfilm with LDS. Margie's children descend from Ada & Gus Gunning
Child of JOHN HOSIER and MARY GRAY is: i. ADA E.9 HOSIER, m. GUSTIA GUS O. GUNNING.
Notes for GUSTIA GUS O. GUNNING: this couple farmed around the Cassville area & retired in Kokomo. Source: Genforum(internet) posted by Margie von Marenholtz Hosier Family Genealogy Forum: http://www.genforum.com/hosier/messages/1.html
13. JESS H.8 SEARLE (WILLIAM7, ANNA BARBARA6 HOSCHAAR, FRIEDRICH5, JOHANN THEOBALD4 HUSCHAAR, PAULUS3 HASCHER, ELIAS2, HENRICH1) was born November 05, 1859 in Bureau Co.Illinois, and died April 13, 1918 in Oklahoma. He married JULIA ANN WILLIAMSON December 12, 1886 in Hebron Thayer Co.Nebraska, daughter of GEORGE WILLIAMSON and ALMIRA ALLEN.
Notes for JESS H. SEARLE: Source: WFT> Jess died in Numa Grant Co.Oklahoma. Buried: Nardin.Oklahoma
Children of JESS SEARLE and JULIA WILLIAMSON are: i. FRED GLEN9 SEARLE, b. June 03, 1887, Hebron Thayer Co.Nebraska; d. January 27, 1893, Nardin,Kay Co.Oklahoma; m. PEARL BALLARD, September 19, 1911, Enid,Oklahoma. ii. FLORENCE SYLVIA SEARLE, b. December 19, 1888, Hebron Thayer Co.Nebraska; d. September 19, 1958, Numa,Grant Co.Oklahoma; m. ANTONE OSCAR ELSENRATH, November 19, 1911, St. Mary's No. of Numa, Oklahoma. iii. OCA LAVELLE SEARLE, b. July 15, 1891, Hebron Thayer Co.Nebraska; d. September 10, 1952, Nardin,Kay Co.Oklahoma; m. (1) THOMAS MARTIN ELSENRATH; m. (2) JAMES HENRY NEWLAND. iv. ESTHER CLEVELAND SEARLE, b. August 08, 1893, Hebron Thayer Co.Nebraska; d. October 02, 1964, La Crosse,Kansas; m. DAVID NELSON SANKEY, July 03, 1915, Kingfisher,Oklahoma.
More About Frederick Hoschaar and Christina Kreinert: Marriage: November 19, 1775, Lancaster Co., PA.
Children of Frederick Hoschaar and Christina Kreinert are: