- T. K. Mitchell Family (19 KB)
Picture taken about 1950 at the Mitchell Home near Roanoke, VA
- Jeremiah Edward Holmes & Family (29 KB)
Dr. Jeremiah Edward Holmes seated with his wife Rose Anna Mirely and his children.
- Caius Ruthvin Bagby and Mary Missouri Bowles Bagby (17 KB)
Caius was born April 18, 1854 died Dec. 26, 1918, Mary Missouri "Zoo" Bowles was born April 15 1854 and died Nov. 23, 1931 both are buried in the Bagby Family Cemetery, Louisa Co., VA. Caius was the son of Rev. William Joseph Bagby and Mary E. Chick.
- Vivian Byerle Mitchell (10 KB)
Picture of Vivian Byerle Mitchell "MA' Mitchell as she was known with her grandchildren.
- Dr. Jeremiah E. Holmes Homeplace Rohrersville, MD (17 KB)
Located in Washington Co., MD. the home of Dr. Jeremiah Edward Holmes, born 4-2-1833 Washington Co., MD & died 1-26-1900 Winterpock, Chesterfield Co., VA. He was the son of Archibald Holmes born 10-16-1799 and died 5-5-1881 in Washington Co., MD
- 4 Generations of Bagby's (45 KB)
Left to Right: William Joseph Bagby born Louisa, Co., VA 1893-1988, Robert Ruthvin Bagby 1918-1979, Robert Ruthvin Bagby, Jr. 1941, Robert William Bagby 1977.
- George Richard and Elizabeth Gunn Hawkes family (48 KB)
Picture taken in front of their homeplace called Green Holly, on Rt. 153 near Wellsville, Blackstone, in Nottoway Co., VA
- Physic Hill, Chesterfield Co., VA (61 KB)
Physic Hill is listed in the Book Historical Homes of Chesterfield Co., VA. Picture is taken of Dr. Jeremiah Holmes (in dark hat and coat near front porch) On the upper porch is Rose M. Holmes and other family members on top porch.
- Archibald Holmes Homeplace (109 KB)
Home of Archibald Holmes, Rohrersville, Washington Co., MD
- John Wiley Eagles (22 KB)
Born Abt, 1847 died 12-13-1893. Listed in the American Civil War Soldiers enlisted in Farmville, VA enlisted date March 10, 1862, serving in the 16th Regiment Artillery, C.S.A. Wounded at Gaines Mill, returned to duty. He is Buried: Centenary Methodist Church Cemetery, Winterpock, Chesterfield Co., VA
- Reverend William Bagby and Mary Chick Bagby (279 KB)
Both were born in Louisa Co., VA the Rev. William Bagby 1810 - 1881 and his wife Mary E. Chick Abt 1814 - 1890. Both are buried at the Bagby Cemetery in Louisa Co., VA. This photo was given to me by Linda B. Reams in 1998. Our family history was written of William and Mary but we had no picture of them and knew of no existing one. This picture is one of my treasurers, linking past to the future generations.
- Archibald Homes Farm (138 KB)
Farm of Archibald Holmes, Rohrersville, Washington Co., MD Photo by Erple Taylor researcher.
- Gayton Shaft Mine, Henrico Co., Virginia (27 KB)
Picture of John William Eagles standing in front of Gayton Shaft, Henrico Co., Virginia coal mine. He was a train engineer and worked at other mines such as Winterpock and Grove Shaft in Chesterfield Co, Virginia. He would haul the coal downhill to the James River for transport. He had hurt his leg in a mining accident years earlier and finally left to get a job closer to Richmond.
- 3 Children of Caius and Mary Missouri Bowles Bagby (83 KB)
Effie Johnson Bagby Nuckols, William Joseph Bagby and Mary Ann Bagby Hollins, taken in front of my homeplace in Virginia.
- John William Eagles and Family (8 KB)
John William Eagles with his family: Robert Page, wife-Nellie Grace Holmes Eagles, Melvin, John Edward, front row: Rosemary (my mother) Hubert, and Edna (missing was Clarence).
- Hawkes Family Homeplace (23 KB)
Picture taken of George Richard Hawkes and Elizabeth Gunn Hawkes Family Homeplace located on Route 153 between Routes 360 and 460 in Nottoway Co., VA
- Alice Louise Mitchell (64 KB)
Picture taken of Alice with her children Roy Jr., Delois and Roger in 1946.
- William Joseph Bagby & Laura Vandalia Hawkes Bagby (5 KB)
Picture taken on their 50th Wedding Anniversary.
William "Willie" was the son of Caius Ruthvin Bagby and Mary Missouri Bowles. Laura was the daughter of George Richard Hawkes and Elizabeth Gunn Hawkes of Nottoway Co., VA
- Laura Vandalia Hawkes Bagby (9 KB)
Picture was taken of my grandmother at around age 25.
- Roy L. Greathead Simmons, & wife Alice Louise (7 KB)
Picture taken of about 1945.