WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY
Updated August 29, 2012
Roger & Carolyn
Edit Your Page
The following files are posted in an attempt to introduce our family history and help searching cousins find information already discovered about our wonderful family. The surnames being researched are as follows: SMITH, CORBIN, HINES, BOBST/PABST, KUNTZMAN, CHENOWETH, EAGAN, MILLER, BAIR/BARE, FRALEY, HAMILTON, STEPHENS, FIELDS, BARKER, MURPHY, VALENTINE, BROWN, STROTHER, WADDELL, STRAIGHT/STRAIT, BAKER, DIXON, MCINTIRE, WOODFORD, VANOSDOL to name a few. Please feel free to contact me with any corrections or more information on these lines. We are particularly interested in locating the parents of George G Smith b: 1812 VA and died in Clark Co OH 1898. He was married to Elizabeth Chenoweth.
- Lewis and Mary Ellen Waddell Straight (161 KB)
Gallia County Ohio about 1900. These folks were the maternal g-g-grandparents of Roger Smith
- Harley and Mary Ann Miller Smith (25 KB)
Wedding picture 1911. Grandparents of Roger Smith. Harley was the son of John L. and Elizabeth Eagan Smith. Mary was the daughter of John and Anna Bear Miller. Grandparents of Roger Smith.
- Russell & Emma Corbin Smith (108 KB)
- George Washington and Martha Jane Hamilton Fraley (50 KB)
G-G-Granparents of Carolyn Hines Smith. Martha Jane Hamilton was the granddaughter of Benjamin S Hamilton, a Revolutionary War Soldier, and Susannah Moonglow Hurst and dau of Benjamin Hamilton Jr. and Elizabeth Nickell. George Washington Fraley was the son of James Elihu Fraley and Jemima Waggoner of Elliott Co. KY. Photo was taken about 1880.
- Jacob & Elizabeth Bobst Family (31 KB)
Beaver, Pike County Ohio abt. 1890. Jacob and Elizabeth Bobst immigrated to the USA from Bavaria Germany as children with their parents and families, Jacob in 1846 and Elizabeth in 1853. They are shown here with daughter Charlotte and her husband Martin M Hines. Jacob's two grown sons, George and Christopher are also in the picture along with Charlotte and Martin's two young children, William and George Hines. Paternal g-g-grandparents of Carolyn Hines Smith
- Russell & Emma Corbin Smith (152 KB)
- Bassett L Corbin & Mary Belle Vanosdol Corbin (31 KB)
Abt 1900 Ohio County Indiana. Bassett L Corbin 1855-1940 was the son of B Franklin Corbin and Rose Anna Amanns. Mary Belle Vanosdol 1860-1921 was the daughter of John Yaw Vanosdol and Sarah V Kittle.
- John Yaw Vanosdol 1900 age 80 (19 KB)
John Yaw Vanosdol 1820-1902 lived in Ohio Co Indiana. He was the son of Nathan Allen Vanosdol 1789-1866 and Elizabeth Yaw 1790-Unknown. He was the husband of Sarah V Kittle, married Nov. 16, 1848 in Ohio Co IN. G-G-Grandfather of Roger L Smith
- Angelina Fraley & James H Stephens about 1892 (42 KB)
Angelina Fraley was the dau of George W Fraley and Martha Jane Hamilton. She was born in 1866 and died in 1948 in Carter Co KY. She married James Stephens abt 1886.
- William Darrel Corbin Abt. 1910 (27 KB)
Aurora, Indiana. Maternal Grandfather of Roger Smith. William was the son of Bassett and Mary Vanosdol Corbin.
- Mary Ellen Waddell Straight & John A abt. 1871 (71 KB)
Mary E Straight 1851-1941 was the wife of Lewis Straight and daughter of James M & Elizabeth Prose Waddell. She was born and lived in the Gallia Co Ohio area.
- Virgil Lee and Mary Murphy Fraley 1957 (37 KB)
Maternal Grandparents of Carolyn Hines Smith. Virgil was the son of David C. and Malinda Barker Fraley. Mary is the daughter of Rosell and Anna Valentine Murphy. Grandparents of Carolyn Smith
- Charles Edward Hines 1893-1974 (26 KB)
Charles Edward Hines was the son of Martin & Charlotte Bobst Hines. He was born in Beaver Ohio but lived most of his life in South Charleston, Clark Co Ohio.He married Nellie Smith on Dec 4, 1913 and they raised four children.
- James W. Murphy abt. 1890 Kentucky (29 KB)
Maternal G-G Grandfather of Carolyn Smith. James Murphy was the son of John and Martha Blanchard Murphy.
- Jason & Susannah Stephens Barker (76 KB)
Jason Barker 1845-1925
Susannah Stephens 1845-1927
- Andrew and Mary Losanee Brown Valentine (126 KB)
Maternal G-G-Grandparents of Carolyn Smith. They were the parents of Annie Valentine Murphy.G-G-Granddad was wounded in the Battle of Chickasaw Bayou during the Civil War.Co.C,22nd Ky.Inf. You can see some of the scarring on the left side of his head. He lost all his hearing in that left ear. He also was wounded in the chest, right arm and thigh.
- William & Chloe Baker Corbin (43 KB)
William D Corbin 1891-1957
Chloe Mabel Baker Corbin 1896-1966
- David Crockett and Malinda Barker Fraley (185 KB)
David C. Fraley, 1870-1960, was the son of George Washington and Martha Jane Hamilton Fraley. Malinda, 1874-1966, was the daughter of Jason and Susan Stephens Barker. g-Grandparents of Carolyn Smith.
- Martin M & Charlotte Bobst Hines (91 KB)
At the farm in S Charleston OH abt 1920
- Fraley Cemetery - Argillite , Greenup County KY (19 KB)
Tombstone inscriptions and directions to the cemetery of the David Crockett & Malinda Barker Fraley family of Greenup County KY.
- Last Will & Testament of Frederick Fraley (16 KB)
December 1792, Russell Co VA
- Obituary Collection of the Entire Family (218 KB)
This is a large collection of obituraries of our combined families. Please use the "Find (on this page)" tool located under "Edit" on the Explorer toolbar to locate a name. Any additions to our collection is very welcome.
- Our Hamilton Family (986 KB)
Benjamin S Hamilton, a Revolutionary War Soldier in VA, married an Indian maiden, Susannah Moonglow.
- Last Will & Testament of Frederick Baker (9 KB)
1830 Monroe Co WV
- Last Will & Testament of Thomas Chenoweth (32 KB)
Born: May 12, 1777 VA Died: February 25, 1856 in Clark Co Ohio
- Our Corbin Family (389 KB)
Following our Corbin family from VA to KY to IN to OH
- Last Will & Testament of Geo G Smith 1812-1898 (26 KB)
George G Smith was born in WVA and migrated to Clark Co Ohio where he lived and died in Harmony Township. He married Eleanor Chenoweth, the daughter of Thomas & Elizabeth Chenoweth, in 1842.They had 7 children: Elizabeth, Adaline, Melinda, Margaret, Charles, John, George W.
- Our Bobst Family (415 KB)
Phillip Jacob Bobst 1802-1865, came to America from Germany in 1846 with his family. He settled in Beaver OH.
- Our Fraley Family (1342 KB)
Frederick & Chloe Fraley Family, VA to KY
- Benjamin S Hamilton is Rescued by an Indian Maiden (31 KB)
Moonglow is promised marriage by a white man if she rescues him from being burned at the stake...she accepts.
- Our Straight - Strait Family (454 KB)
Silas Cole Straight and Sarah Ann Atwood, New Jersey to Ohio
- Last Will & Testament of Christian Hines 1816-1900 (15 KB)
Christian Hines was born in Bavaria Germany. He came to the US at an unknown date, married Eve Catherine Kuntzman in Pike Co Oh and raised a family of nine children there.
- Family of Newton Barney Eagan (100 KB)
Follow the descendants of Newton B Eagan & Sarah Wilma Jones.
- Our Hines Family (207 KB)
Christian Hines came from Germany in 1838, married Eve Catherine Kuntzman and settled in Beaver, OH.
- Last Will & Testament of Martin M Hines 1862-1931 (18 KB)
Martin M Hines was born in 1862 in Pike Co OH. He married Charlotte Bobst and they brought their families to Clark Co in the early 1900's where they spent the rest of their lives. Martin died in 1931 and Charlotte his wife in 1941.
- Our Smith Family (95 KB)
George G Smith was born in VA or WV in 1812, settled early in Clark Co OH; married Eleanor Chenoweth in 1842 and raised a large family. We are looking for his parents.
- Our Baker Family (1012 KB)
Frederick Baker immigrated to America from Germany. He settled in Monroe Co VA now WV. Many of his children migrated to Gallia Co OH.
- Our Chenoweth Family (353 KB)
Thomas Chenoweth, founder of Lisbon OH.
- Story of Virgil Lee Fraley, My Granddad (20 KB)
Short bio of my grandfather whom I loved so much.
- Life and Times of Phillip Strother (87 KB)
Tanscribed biographical sketch of Phillip Strother, Methodist Circuit Rider. Taken from the original manuscript written by Newton J Burchett and found in an old log cabin in Carter Co, KY.
- Our Waddell Family (1238 KB)
Alexander Waddell, a Scottsman and Revolutionary War soldier, married Eleanor Roush in VA, settled in Gallia Co OH.
- Our Emanuel Miller Family (158 KB)
Our Miller Family were Mennonites from Pennsylvania.