Tony Gilbert Stava AncestorsUpdated November 24, 2003
|I am researching the Stava family from Bohemia (Czechoslovakia). August Stava was born August 1844 in Bohemia (Czechoslovakia), and died March 6, 1921 in Athens, Wisconsin. He married Antoniette Plisek/Placek (spelling??) 1870 in Bohemia (Czecholslovakia). She was born June 1845 in Bohemia (Czechoslovakia), and died Sept 1920 in Berwyn, Illinois.
Children of August Stava & Antoniette Plisek/Placek:
1. Anton August Stava, born June 1, 1874 in Illinois, died September 1933 in Athens, Wisconsin.
2. Joseph Stava; b. August 23,1877, Chicago, Illinois, died November 2, 1933, married Anna Broucek, May 15, 1897
3. Edward Stava; b. April 6, 1879, Indiana (twin to Frank), died November 13, 1945; married Anna Dvorak abt 1908, Chicago, Illinois
4. Frank (Franciscus)Stava; b. April 6, 1879, Indiana (twin to Edward), died 1896
5. Mary Stava; b. August 18, 1884, in Chicago, Illinois; married in 1902 to Joseph Volopich; born about 1880, Chicago, Illinois;.
6. August Stava, born 1886, Chicago, Illinois.
Anton August Stava married Anna Soucek; April 26, 1898, in Chicago, Du Page, Illinois, daughter of James Soucek and Anna Horacek. Anna was born March 4, 1877 in Chicago, Illinois and died October 30, 1934 in Nampa, Idaho.
Children on Anton August Stava and Anna Soucek:
1. Josephine May Stava, born March 18, 1900, Chicago, Illinois; died September 1975, Meridian, Idaho, married Jack Prohaska
2. Antoinette Betty Stava, born November 1, 1901, Bruno, Nebraska; died March 9, 1970, Oak Park, Berwyn, Illinois, married Jack Koukol
3. Anna Stava, born October 10, 1903, Chicago, Illinois; died in Chicago, Illinois, married Walter Johnson.
4. Agnes Florance Stava, born January 4, 1906, Valparaiso, Nebraska, died August 31, 1992, Nampa, Idaho, 1st married Stewart Gutenberger & 2nd married Jake Shafer
5. Julia Stava, born February 14, 1908, still living, married Alex Cichon
6. May Regina Stava, born about 1910, died about 2002, in Nampa, Idaho, 1st married Leo George Prohaska & 2nd married Charles Hynek
7. Rose Stava, born December 23, 1913, Athens, Wisconsin, died March 26, 1971; married Glenn Arthur Wescott, born January 13, 1897, Unity, Wisconsin, died July 4, 1969.
8. Tony (Anton) Gilbert Stava, born March 18, 1915, Athens, Wisconsin; died December 18, 1964, Medford, Oregon hospital due to work accident. Married Charlotte Wagle, living. His mother, Anna (Soucek) Stava died in Oct 30, 1934 in Nampa, Idaho. Tony, my father, accompanied her body by train, back to Athens, Wisconsin for burial.
I would appreciate contact with any persons able to provide additional history on the Stava,Soucek or Plisek families. I am also willing to share the information I have. Glenda
Glenda Faye Stava
Portland,, OR 97206
Edit Your Page
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|