|JOSEPH GARRESS (Garess) Labor b: 1801 (49-1850), d: 1872 Lower Merion, Montgomery, PA, bur: Radnor United Christian Church Graveyard, Bynar Mawr, Delaware, PA, parents born PA. Spouse: MARIA UNKNOWN (Naria) buried under name SMITH GARESS b: 1807 (43-1850), d: 1893 (age 71 yrs) Norristown, Montgomery, PA, buried: Radnor United Christian Church Graveyard, Bynr Mawr, Delware, PA, parent born: PA
1. MARGARET ELLEN GARESS (Gariss) Born 1833 PA (17-1850) dau Parent Born: PA
Spouse: JACOB FISHER of Gulph Mills, Montgomery, PA (Sellers, Madden, Bernardo)
2. HENDERSON GARESS b: Abt 1834 PA, d: 1836, bur: Radnor United Christian Church Graveyard, Bynr Mawr, Delware, PA
3. SUSANNAH D. GARESS (Gaines) b: Feb 1836 PA, d: 1920 Norristown, Montgomery, PA Spouse: SONNETON BRINTON WOODWARD “SB” and “Brinton”, Allen Wood Rolling Milll, Tax Collector & Health Officer, Conshohock & Norristown, Montgomery, PA
4. SAMUEL BROOKS GARRESS (Master Shoemaker/RR Car Inspector) b: Jun 1838 Manayunk, Delaware, PA, d: 07 Oct 1899 Mineola, Wood, TX (Tuberlocius) Residence: son William Henry Garess and wife, Wihelmina Fredericka Ravenna. Bur: Washington Cemetery, Houston, Harris, TX Lot A W 1/2 118. About 1876 Samuel, Emeline Garess and five children relocated to Houston, Harris, TX. Married 07 Jul 1862 Greenlane by Rev. Joseph Castle, recorded: Philadelphia, PA by James Shaw. Spouse: EMELINE ELIZABETH SHAW b: 13 June 1843 Lower Merion, Montgomery County, PA, d: 21 Feb 1931 Galveston, Galveston, TX (Certificate #77978 Pneumonia) bur: Washington Cemetery Houston, Harris, TX Lot A W 1/2 118 Father: William A. and Mary A. (?) Shaw (shoemaker) both born 1821 PA, PA, PA Siblings: David R, Davis R, Mary A Shaw and several more. Children: Elmer, William, Wilhelmina "Mina", Sonnetton, Mary, Samuel, Edward Garess. Alied Families: Ballard, Finch, Garess, Hardin, Johnson, Kreft, Longnecker, Ravenna, Shaw, Talley, Williams
5. MARY CATHERINE GARESS “Kate” b: 1840 (10-1850), d: Aft 1920 census. Spouse: JOSEPH R. DAVIS (Dry Goods Business on Hector St, Norristown, Montgomery, PA, Resided Conshohocken, Montgomery, PA (Daughters: Anna Z Davis, Flora Z Davis)
6. JOSEPH THOMAS GARESS b: Oct 1843 ( 7-1850), d: Abt 1921 Norristown, Montgomery, PA Spouse: NELLIE SANDERSON b: Abt. 1848 Massachussetts, d: 1926 Kolb County, GA, Son: ARTHUR GARESS married HATTIE MAE HANES, Children: Ethal, Helen, Joseph Garess. Daughter: NELLIE ZOLLA GARESS, aka, Dr. Neil Zola Garess. She married 1926 Lincoln, KS to Miss MARIE PRIMEAUX (both females).
7. GEORGE D. GARESS (Geress) b: Mar 1844 ( 6-1850), d: __ of Coatsville, Chester, PA Spouse: REBECCA M. UNKNOWN b: Abt 1842, d: __ of Coatsville, Chester, PA.
They had five children: THOMAS GARESS (cigarmaker)
8. MONTGOMERY JOSEPH GARESS b: 1847 ( 3-1850), d: 1852 Upper Merion, Montgomery, PA, bur: Radnor United Christian Church, Bynr Mawr, Delware, PA
Source: Cemetery Records, Military/Civil War Pension: Union Army Co L, 192nd Reg PA Vols 1860-1861 Dis-honorable Discharge, arrested (home) Manayunk, found out of uniform, by Provost Marshall JONATHAN WHITE
Religion: Gulp United Christian ME Church, Norristown, Montgomery, PA.
1850 census Upper and Lower Merion, Montgomery, Pennsylvania
1850 Pub. 803, Reel 800, #325-80323-401 Dwell 158/166 Edition, 401 Upper Merion, Montg Co, PA
1890 Special Veteran’s census Houston, Harris County, TX Union & Confederate Soldiers.
Special Schedule, FM 123, roll 102, Samuel Brooks Garess #173/185, enumenerated by John Husy
Special Schedule, FM 123, Roll 99 Bowie County Texas Precint 2, Schedule District 1,
Edition District 2, Minor Civil Division, Texas #22 Emeline Garess (Emma Cress) National Archieves,
Washington, D.C. Civil War pension and widow's application for pension.
Personal knowledge of known descendents
1880 resided: 327 Commerce Avenue Houston, Harris Co, TX
1873-1931 City Directories Houston & Galveston, TX
|New Branches on Old Family Trees
Updated April 29, 2011
Edit Your Page
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|