Big changes have come to — all content is now read-only, and member subscriptions and the Shop have been discontinued.
Learn more

Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals |InterneTree |Sources

View Tree for Thomas Parish MurphyThomas Parish Murphy (b. 27 Apr 1840, d. 04 Dec 1915)

Thomas Parish Murphy (son of William Murphy and Ellen White) was born 27 Apr 1840 in Villierstown Co., Waterford, Ireland, and died 04 Dec 1915 in Murphy Farm, Macon Township, Harvey Co., Kansas. He married Margaret Elizabeth Hogle, daughter of Isaac Newton Hogle and Barbara Smith.

 Includes NotesNotes for Thomas Parish Murphy:
Kansas Legislators Past and Present
Name: Thomas P. Murphy
Born: April 27, 1840
Died: December 4, 1915
Occupation: Farmer
County: Harvey
Town: Halstead
Party: Republican
District: 70
Chamber: House 1905, 1907, SS1908
District: 30
Chamber: Senate 1909, 1911
Source material:Some information courtesy of Jane Colvin, Mr. Murphy's great-great granddaughter.

Kansas Voter Registration Lists, 1854-56 Record
about Thomas Murphy
Name: Thomas Murphy
District/County: 14
Precinct/Township: Doniphan
Election Date: March 30, 1855
Page #: 487

Marriage: married Feb 16,1880 at Winterset, Madison Co. Iowa (Margaret)Married: Sept 14, 1893 in Kansas City, Jackson Co., MO (Sarah Hogle)

BIOGRAPHY: Mother died in 1853 at 45 y/o, father died in 1862 at 47 y/o. Thomas lived most of his boyhoood at the home of Judge J
Birth: Jan. 12, 1827
Roane County
Tennessee, USA
Death: Feb. 22, 1901
Jasper County
Missouri, USA

Mary Gertrudohn Kimball Parish, whose name he took as his own middle name.

Thomas was served in the Civil War. He was made a corporal on August 14, 1861 (ARMY).
Thomas was wounded in the latter part of April, 1862 and went home on a furlough.

1862 Thome, James W., Clarence E., Francis Wilton, Lee H., Aduella Belle, Fannie C., John Thomas, unnamed triplets, Richard and Joseph D.

Geneology of Charles Kron
Title: Pedigree Resource File CD 06
Publication: (Salt Lake City, UT: Intellectual Reserve, Inc., 1999)
Call Number:
Media: Book
Call Number:
Media: Other
Text: Date of Import: May 22, 2000

Thomas was at Gettysburg, Fredericksburg and a lot of the big battles. He met President Lincoln too.


Source: birthdates/date of death of children furnished by Mrs. Rhoda Fone Harvey County Historical Society

(Family notes re-typed by Jane (Hayden) Colvin

Thomas Parish Murphy, son of William and Ellen White Murphy

Thomas was born in Villierstown, Waterford County, Ireland, April 27, 1840. He had one brother, Patrick Henry Murphy born January 5, 1838.

The Murphy's came to the United States in 1841 and settled in Vermont, near the towns of Roxbury, Fairfield and Raldolph.

Life on the Vermont farm was hard. Thomas told of how hard he had to work for his father. After their mother's death the boys must have lived with other families. Thomas lived for a time with a family by the name of Mc_____, but most of his boyhood was spent at the home of Judge Jacob Kimball Parish, whose name he took as his own middle name. The Parish boys were named for the books of the Bible, and the boys at school used to shout, "Mark, Luke and John, went to bed with their breeches on". This provoked many a school fight. Judge Parish believed in the dignity of family gatherings and the dinner table was no exception. One day a Frenchman, who was just learning the English language, was a guest at the Parish board. Judge Parish asked him if he wanted some cabbage. "I believe I'll take a few" was the reply, and the boys had a hard time choking back the laughter.

Thomas went to Boston before the Civil War and attended Business College. He had to pay his father one hundred dollar a year for his time, in addition to supporting himself. In those days you stayed at boarding house in Boston, and you had to have references. If you were thrown out of a boarding house without references you were hard put to find other lodgings. The boys where Thomas stayed had been wrestling in their rooms and had been warned to desist. One night one of the youths was demonstrating how to do a back flip. He lit on the bed, which collapsed with a loud noise. The landlady immediately told the guilty party to leave, without references. The boy begged and pled to be allowed to remain. Finally, the landlady told him he could stay if he would apologize publicly. Here was his apology: "If I've done anything to be sorry for, I'm glad of it", to which the good woman replied, "That's perfectly all right, Mr. _____, that's perfectly all right".

(During the War) Thomas Murphy was at Randolph on furlough, due to his wounded arm. A minnie ball entered his arm and the surgeons could not locate it. All of the surgeons wanted to operate and remove his arm, save one. He allowed cold water to run on the wound, days on end, and thus saved the arm. Thomas carried the slug in his arm to the day of his death. The accident made his arm stiff and forced him to write with a full-arm movement, and he wrote a beautiful hand. While at Randolph he received a letter from his step-mother, Margaret Cashen.

Thomas was wounded again in the face and was finally discharged from the Army in 1864 with the rank of 2nd Lieutenant in Company B, 6th Vermont Volunteers.

(After the War) After Thomas left the Army in October, 1864, he went to Boston, attended business college again, and worked for some time for Hart, Taylor and Company, furriers. The company gave them all huge fur collars as an advertisement of the firm. They all began to have bad colds and the doctor ordered them to quit wearing the neck pieces. The colds cleared up at once.

Thomas went to Denver in 1866. Exact knowledge of his life for the next four years is lacking. However, we do have individual instancces of the fact that his life was far from drab. He freighted to Santa Fe, New Mexico and to old Fort Bridger in Wyoming. He also hauled hay to the railroad during the construction of a railroad in Colorado {Union Pacific}. Herein are recorded a few instances of the adventurous life he led.

One year Thomas and his partner were freighting from one station to another. They came to the first station. The attendant had been killed and the station was on fire. At the next station, the attendant was killed, but the building had not been on fire. However, their luck held and they did not see an Indian.

Another time, the two men were getting breakfast. Indians on the warpath came to their cabin and the two came in. The partner went on getting breakfast while Murphy held a gun and stood in the corner of the room. Finally the Indians left, and the two men were not harmed.

Murphy told of mountain streams where the trout were so tame they would take the bare hook. The railroad men would keep camp in fish with little effort.

One paymaster wore a suit with twenty dollar gold pieces for buttons. He made his money by putting ficticious names on the payroll and collecting the money. He invited Thomas to go in on the scheme but was refused.

At one time Murphy and his partner got a hundred dollars a ton for hay, but the cost of living was proportionally high, and there was little margin of profit.

Murphy told of a running gun fight in Dodge City, between four desperados and the arm of the law. The town marshal had a shotgun and a rifle. He killed three of the men and the fourth boarded a train with his shoulder full of buckshot. Murphy told of gambling establishments with the silver dollars heaped high on the gambling tables.

On Thomas' first trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico as a freighter, the old hands dwelt at great length upon the fine milk to be found at the journey's end. It sounded just a little too good. When the men, famished after the long trip, landed in Santa Fe, the new hands greedily gulped down the milk. But Thomas held back as he did not see any of the old hands taking any of the goat milk. Next day he learned the reason. When the goats were milked, they were milked from behind, not the side. As goat droppings fell in the pail, they were skimmed off and thrown aside. That was the milk the Mexican milkmaids were selling to green teamsters.

One Mormon was expostulating with Murphy on his single blessedness. Murphy informed him that he could not afford to support a wife. "I don't support them," said the husband of three wives, "they support me". Murphy told of seeing Jim Bridger and Kit Carson and other noted scouts.

Thomas was especially fond of tomatoes. He would heap a plate with sliced tomatoes, cover them with pepper, salt and vinegar, and eat them with great relish. This is how he acquired his liking for them. He and his partner had been out on the road, freighting, for a long time. When they hit town, tired and thirsty, the first thing they found was canned tomatoes. They knocked the ends out of the can and drank and ate the tomatoes without any preparation. From that time on, tomatoes were his fresh fruit favorite.

One winter Murphy came upon a great herd of buffalo at a river. Ice had started to form and the herd would not venture out upon the ice, not strong enough to bear it's weight. Hunters killed for days, taking only the hides and livers. It was estimated that the herd contained ten thousand animals and the greater part of this herd was killed in wanton destruction.

Murphy used to tell two stories of Civil War life, which were his favorites.

It seemed that the officer's latrine and the latrines for the other men were side by side. Each was a hole with a pole across it. The only difference was that the officers' latrine had a backrest. One night a general came into camp, considerably worse for wear, having had one too many drinks. Waving aside the proffered assistance, he weaved his way to the latrines, went into the wrong one, and leaned against the back support that was not there. Attracted by his loud yells, the men fished him out with a pole, decorated with much more than his gold braid.

The army commissary, as we know it today, did not exist, and the men were often hungry and faced with food shortages. Foraging in the countryside by individuals was forbidden, but the order was sometimes ignored. One of the men had found a sheep and the squad had butchered it after dark and hung it in the tent to cool. As luck would have it, one of the headquarters officers came along, happened to step into the tent and saw the carcass. Roundly upbraiding the men for disobeying orders, he had the sheep taken to the officers' tent, where the staff dined on mutton. The next day, the boys found a huge Newfoundland dog, killed that day by a stray bullet. They dressed it out and hung it beside the tent. Again the officer came along, and again the carcass was confiscated. Once more the staff dined upon the "mutton" which the men had butchered, and thought it was a fine treat.

During the fighting in Pennsylvania, most of the horses were taken by Confedereates, who were very short on horse-flesh. One Pennsylvania Dutch farmer was bemoaning the loss of his mare. "Tree wifes I haf had", he cried, "And I vouuld not trade dot mare for de lot of dem".

The life he led on the frontier is well illustrated by a letter which T.P. wrote to Luke Parish in Vermont. {See letters section}.

Thomas Murphy went to Harvey County in 1870 and took up the first claim in Macon Township. He and a neighbor by the name of Huffman worked and cooked together. They constructed dugouts along East Emma Creek, but missed their own farms by several hundred feet. Murphy had his dugout on Huffman's farm and Huffman was on the William Chapple place, across the creek from Murphy. The outlines of the old dugouts are stil plainly visible in the creek banks. {I am not sure when this was written or by whom, but I believe Donald D. Murphy, his son from his marriage to Sarah wrote it}.

One morning the creek was very high, due to heavy rains farther north. Huffman was on one side and his breakfast was on the other bank of the creek. Finally the two men constructed a ferry, by tying two long ropes to a dishpan and placing the food in the pan. the food reached the far shore without mishap.

When the grasshopper plague came, the settlers were made almost destitute. Everything in the path of the insects was consumed. Huffman had a family, Murphy did not. So, Murphy gave his partner what provisions he had and went to Iowa, where he worked for the Beerbowers near Winterset. Fred Beerbower said that T.P. Murphy was the readingest man he ever saw. Here Murphy met Margaret Elizabeth Hogle, whom he married in 1880. Thomas was a fine figure of a man. Tall, straight, with a military bearing that he never lost, and even when wearing a fine beard, he really made the girls' hearts flutter {So said Sarah who was a little girl at the time}.

The coal house on the Murphy farm was Margaret's kitchen in the early days. They had one other room. When the house was remodeled, every bit of the old original room that was the first house could be used for, for it was all soft white pine, held together with old wrought iron nails. And in the walls was an old paper, lost there years before.

When Thomas arrived at his place in 1870, the whole place was covered by hay stacks, put up by a cattle company, which had its camp near the place where the twin bridges now stands, two miles from the place. In the Kansas census of 1875, T.P. Murphy is listed as an owner of 160 acres, value $1,500. He is not listed as a resident, so he must have left soon after the grasshopper disaster of 1874. All people reported fences but there were no fences in Macon Township in 1875. They were required to have so much fence for each farm, in accordance with claim laws, so they just listed them on paper. Thomas was in Adair County, Iowa on January 23, 1876. He was in Jackson Township on December 17 of that year.

Thomas was back on the farm in 1879, September 28. He mentioned the trip President Hayes and Mrs. Hayes made to Kansas and their stopover in Newton. He also mentioned the Farmers' Club, the forerunner of the Farm Bureau. Corn was selling for 85 cents per bushel. He had corn growing in Iowa, so he must have returned to Kansas in the spring of 1879. He mentioned how hard it was to find water for his team on the trip to Iowa. He told of a Quaker settlement northwest of his farm. He married Margaret Elizabeth Hogle and they came to Kansas in the spring of 1880. They were married February 16, 1880. Margaret was born May 21. 1852, Coshocton County, Ohio.

The next few years were hard ones for Margaret. She used to walk to the Shafer place, hungry for companionship. They apologized for the fact that they had no extra food to offer, as they had children to feed and little with which to feed them. She told them she did not care for food, she only wanted to sit and talk to another human being. One winter she took Will and went back to Iowa to visit. Riding in a spring wagon, she threw her shawl about him and her wedding ring was pulled off, falling in the muddy road under the wagon. Failing to find the ring, she finally picked up a stick in desperation, and ran it down the wagon track in the muddy water. When she brought it up, there was the ring on the end of the stick. Maggie, as they called her, was the family favorite. She ran a dressmaking shop in Winterset in Winterset until T.P. Murphy married her, and she made the finest buttonholes in the community.

Emporia was the closest place where supplies could be secured in the earliest days. It was ninety miles, and everything had to be hauled by wagon. The Santa Fe built a road through the place, and, by means of threats, secured a free right of way. Corporations were not inclined to be benevolent in their dealings in those days.

Margaret's father and mother, Isaac and Barbara Smith Hogle, came to spend the winter of 1885 on the farm. Sarah, Margaret's sister, came with them and taught school at District 30. It was an unusually severe winter and Margaret died on March first of that year, 1886, leaving four motherless children. Sarah took the two youngest, James Charles and Bessie, back to Iowa and the two oldest, William Pitt and Walter Hogle Murphy, stayed to live with their father. Will Hogle, met her at Greenfield, Iowa when she arrived with the two children. Charles used to have a picture of his father, whom he scarcely remember, if at all. He used to sit in the home at Winterset and say "I don't have a Daddy. I just got a picture of a Daddy". After Isaacs, death, Sarah and her mother went to Winterset to live with Aunt Betsy Ruby, but the children made her nervous, and the two women moved to Evanston, Illinois, where William Nelson Hogle also lived for a time.

More notes: William and Walter spent a lot of time at the William Chapple family farm after their mother died. Sarah had been teaching both at Winterset and as a substitute teacher at Evanston. The first Christmas after Sarah came back was described as a very joyous one. The Reverend that married Thomas and Sarah was Sarah's brother. They went to the Chicago World's fair for their honeymoon.

Edward Dunkelberger tells of his father's attending Margaret's funeral in the early Kansas home. The coffin was a rough board affair and it was carried to Cemetery by means of a lumber wagon. There were few niceties in the pioneer days.

Life was very hard on the farm. Will and Walter awakened one morning to find their father gone. They tore out of the house in panic and started north across a field of lister ridges to the Biggerstaff home, where "Grandmother" Biggerstaff gathered them in, clad only in their night shirts.

The boys stayed for a while at William Chapple's, where they worked very hard. Grandma Biggerstaff told of stopping them on their way to school, of dumping out the cold pancakes which their dinner buckets contained and filling the buckets with "some real food". She came to Harvey County a widow with small children, accompanied by her brother, Major Pickerel and was a great friend to the Murphy's.

The two younger children lived with Sarah and her mother in Winterset, Iowa and then moved to Evanston, Illinois. In 1892, Thomas was elected County Clerk, and he asked Sarah to come to Newton and keep house for him. They did and the family was reunited. He and Sarah B. Hogle were married in 1893, September 14, at Kansas City, Missouri, at the Bonaventure Hotel and made the Chicago World's Fair their honeymoon. Sarah has been engaged to a man in the community when Maggie died and she told him he would have to wait until Maggie's kids were older, which he refused to do.

Times were hard for a while, when the family moved to the farm in 1900. Sarah had an old black velvet skirt, which she wore to Church. A new shirt waist was her new spring outfit. Crops were bad and help hard to find and she often chopped sunflowers out of the corn so that the crop might mature.

Thomas died in 1915 and Sarah in the spring of 1943. Sarah and Thomas had one son, Donald Dudley.

Thus ends the family history as far as the early days of Kansas is concerned. The horse and buggy gave way to the motor car and the mules made way for the tractor, as electric lights glow in the house once lit by coal oil lamps. An era has passed, but the old farm is still in Murphy hands and the old elm, ancient in 1870, still spreads it's shade over the banks of the West Emma Creek on the old homestead.

Another story of T.P. I have that was passed down from his son Donald.

Thomas was in the courthouse one day when W.H. Von der Heiden, Newton Attorney, came in and started to "josh" him. T.P. told him he would put him in the wastebasket if he did not stop pestering him. Von laughed and invited him to try, only to find himself firmly deposited in the wastebasket. It turned out that T.P. was the champion wrestler of his regiment in the Civil War.

Mrs. Mort was a neighbor who talked very much to the point, but did not always say what she meant to say. She came one day to ask T.P. Murphy to be superintendent of the Sunday School. Father held back but she clinched the argument by saying "The reason we want you, Mr. Murphy, is because you can say all you want in a short while".

Hay was scarce one year and Father told a neighbor he could have all the prairie hay he wanted, but not to take any alfalfa. Dad came home to find the man covering a load of alfalfa with the bluestream prairie hay. He told him off properly, while the man pitched the alfalfa back into the barn. Just then Mother {Sarah} came out to say that the man's wife and children were there and that they would stay for supper. The perfect host, Dad laughed and joked throughout the meal and it was not until later that Mother learned of the true state of affairs.

Donald, or one of the kids, stated that their father never mentioned his family in his later years. He was very proud of his Irish ancestry, however, and liked to have people twit him about being Irish. Thomas would rub his finger along his nose when he was in deep thought. The only mannerism that he had. His face was grave but his eyes twinkled. They say he was very close-mouthed. When Sarah would tell him some exciting bit of neighborhood gossip, he would nod and grin. It often happened that he had known it for some time but kept his mouth shut. Thomas read everything, then would discuss it before the family. It seemed strange that there were so few papers in other homes of the community. We had papers and magazines, come what may, says Donald. Sarah kept the facts of life away from the children and was shocked when she found they had learned them at school.

One halloween night Don wanted to have some fun so he went out and got some chickens and turned them loose in the house. Thomas and Sarah did nothing, just laughed, showing an understanding that few parents possess. If you wanted to do something, you got your decision at once and there was no appealing. If there were tasks to be done, they were done before play. Sarah could work faster and turn off more work than any other woman I ever saw. She organized the first farm woman's club in that section, the Wimodausis, an organization that is still going strong in the community. She was President for years.

Thomas P. went to Old Settlers once and was on the reception committee. There was also a meeting at Hutchinson and the Governor of Virginia came to Halstead and stopped with the speaker. When the Governor left, he turned to Thomas and said "Come to Richmond to see me sometimes". Thomas said "I don't know about that. I was in a little party of men once who spent four years trying to get to Richmond and we never did get there". The Governor laughed and said "Try again, this time will be different".

Thomas liked all his children but the sight of Bessie just softened him all over. Maybe he looked for Margaret in his daughter but Bessie was his pride and joy. Bessie did not like to be called "Bess" but her Dad always called her that and she liked it tremendously.

Box suppers were the peak in social events. The boys all took their girls and the boxes were an artistic triumph. Some were in the shape of school houses, some like big, red velvet hearts and some were just plain. The girls oftentimes did not tell their beaux what was the shape of their boxes, just giving them the chance to guess. When the girls did tell, the boys were supposed to buy the box, no matter what its cost. The boxes often cost the boy fifteen or sixteen dollars. Box suppers often bought all the books for a country school and education could not have been carried on without them. One night Walter Murphy took Elizabeth Royer to a box supper and the stags framed him. They bid the box up to seventeen dollars and Walter let them have it. Then, after the food was eaten, Walter took her home.

Thomas was a man of his word. His integrity was unquestioned. If T.P. Murphy gave his word, it was as good as a legal document. He never preached. He smoked a long, black cigar and swore just once, when a tenant tried to cheat him after Father had helped him out in lean days. One day in December he called his family in and said "I guess it's time now. I'm not afraid to die. Goodbye". And so he passed on. He never did make a show of his religion, but let each man decide for himself what was right. No great "testifier" in church, he just lived his life and let that speak for itself. But if there is no place in heaven for a man like that, then let the Methodists have it and we will all have a swell time in Hell.

Thomas Murphy's children are listed below.

Children with Margaret
William Pitt Murphy born December 10, 1880 at the Murphy family farm.
Walter Hogle Murphy born December 6, 1881at the Murphy farm.
Bessie Parish Murphy born December 16, 1883, died August 26, 1945 at the Murphy farm.
James Charles Murphy born June 14, 1885 at the Murphy farm.

Child with Sarah Bashaba
Donald Dudley Murphy born October 22, 1898.

Halstead Independent, Thursday, December 16, 1915

Obituary of T.P. Murphy

Had long been a prominent figure in the affairs of this country.

T.P. Murphy was born in Waterford, Ireland, April 27, 1840 and departed this life December 4, 1915.

When but one year old, he emigrated with his parents to America, settling in Orange County, Vermont. Early in life Mr. Murphy started in pursuit of knowledge, but his aims in that direction were given up when the nation called for defenders in 1861.

Under the call he enlisted in Company H, 6th Vermont Infantry, and served until mustered out, October 15, 1864. While fighting in the Union Army he was twice wounded. April 16, 1862 in front of Yorktown, he was shot in the arm while carrying the regimental flag. At Fredericksburg he was again wounded. His last engagement was at Fisher's Hill under General Sheridan, September 19, 1864. When mustered out of service he had attained the rank of First Lieutenant. His first vote was cast for Abraham Lincoln in 1864.

He came west in 1866 from Boston direct to Denver, coming to Harvey County in 1870. In 1880 he was married to Miss Margaret E. Hogle of Winterset, Iowa. To this union were born four children:
William P., of El Reno, Oklahoma; Walter H. of McNeal, Arizona; Mrs. Edward Dunkelberger of Witchita and J. Charles Murphy of Manhattan, Kansas.Their mother was called to her reward in 1886. In 1893 he was joined in marriage to Miss Sadie B. Hogle of Evanston, Illinois. To this union was born one son, Donald D. The widow children still survive.

But few men are called upon to serve their country in time of war or peace as was the deceased. In 1892 he was elected county clerk of Harvey County and was re-elected in 1894. His service as county clerk was one marked with years of great efficiency in the conduct of the affairs of the county. He served in the legislature as a member from Harvey County from 1904 to 1908 and in the state senate from 1908 to 1912.

Mr. Murphy was a scholarly man of mental attainments and much breadth of character. He always made it a point to keep posted on current events, especially those affecting the welfare of the state and nation in which he lived. He was not a casual reader, merely he was a student, and he studied the questions confronting the American people, and particularly those of Kansas with thoroughness.

Even more important was Mr. Murphy's excellent moral character. No man stood higher in the estimation of his fellow citizens in this respect than he. In his private life, as in his official duties, his rugged honesty and his rare conscientiousness were marled traits of his character.

Thomas Parish Murphy (obit)
Headlines: Was A Pioneer Thos. P. Murphy, Soldier, Statesman, and Honored Citizen Answers the Final Call
Thomas P. Murphy of Macon township, who was probably as well known over the county as any citizen in it, died at his home three miles east of Halstead, Saturday evening at 6 o'clock, after an illness which has extended over a period of several months.
Mr. Murphy was one of the earliest settlers of Harvey Couty, having taken as a claim in 1871, the farm on which he died and which he had continuously called his home since entering a soldier's filing on it at that early date. He was a resident of Newton for several years, however, while serving four years as Deputy County Clerk under R.H. Farr and four years as County Clerk. He also represented Harvey county in the State Legislature two terms as a member of the House and later served a term of for years as State Senator.
He is survived by his wife, a daughter, Mrs. Ed Dunkelberger, of Wichita, and four sons, Charles, of Manhattan, Will of El Reno, Okla., Walter of Arizona, and Donald who is at home.
The funeral services were held from the late home and from the Evangelical Church in Newton, Tuesday afternoon. There was a large attendance of his old friends and neighbors, while the members of the Grand Army were very much in evidence, Buford Post of Newton, of which he had long been a leading member, having charge of the burial service. Interment was made in the family lot in the Newton Cemetery.

More About Thomas Parish Murphy:
Arrival: 1841191, 192, 192
Date born 2: 1840, Ireland.193
Date born 3: 1840, Ireland.194
Date born 4: 1840, Ireland.194
Date born 5: 1841, Ireland.195
Date born 6: 1841, Ireland.196
Date born 7: 1841, Ireland.196
Burial: 07 Dec 1915, Greenwood Cem., Newton, Kansas.
Record Change: 24 Feb 2006
Residence 1: 1880, Macow, Harvey, Kansas, United States.197, 198, 198
Residence 2: 1910, Macon, Harvey, Kansas.199
Residence 3: 1910, Macon, Harvey, Kansas.200
Residence 4: 1910, Macon, Harvey, Kansas.200

Children of Thomas Parish Murphy and Margaret Elizabeth Hogle are:
  1. +Bessie Parish Murphy, b. 16 Dec 1883, Macon Township, Harvey Co., Kansas, d. 26 Aug 1945, Wichita, Kansas.
Created with Family Tree Maker

Home | Help | About Us | | | Site Index | Terms of Service | PRIVACY
© 2009