|Descendants of James Carruthers
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES1 CARRUTHERS was born September 23, 1791 in Arthuret Parish, Cumbria, formerly Cumerland Co. England. He married JANE BARKER/BAKER May 19, 1814 in Castle Sowerby Parish, Cumbria Co., N.W., England, daughter of JOHN BARKER and ANN HEWETSON/HUITSON/HEWITSON.
Children of JAMES CARRUTHERS and JANE BARKER/BAKER are:
i. ANN2 CARRUTHERS, b. August 18, 1816, Longtown, Cumbria, England..
2. ii. MARGARET CARRUTHERS, b. November 8, 1818, Brecon Hill, Cumbria, England.
3. iii. JOSEPH JAMES CARRUTHERS, b. December 28, 1822, Little Broughton, CUMBRIA, ENGLAND; d. August 14, 1899, SALEM CEMETARY, Middlesex County, Ontario.
Generation No. 2
2. MARGARET2 CARRUTHERS (JAMES1) was born November 8, 1818 in Brecon Hill, Cumbria, England. She married JOSEPH MAWSON October 8, 1852 in London, Ontario, son of JOHN MAWSON and ELIZABETH BARKER.
Children of MARGARET CARRUTHERS and JOSEPH MAWSON are:
4. i. JOHN P.3 MAWSON, b. October 14, 1854, McGILLIVRAY; d. July 3, 1913, St. Mary's Anglican Cemetery, Brinsley.
5. ii. WILLIAM MAWSON, b. October 12, 1856, McGILLIVRAY; d. July 7, 1909, MARS HILL CEMETARY.
iii. MARGARET MAWSON, b. 1858, McGILLIVRAY; m. RICHARD J. FOX, December 30, 1884, 18th Concession of McGillivray Twp, Ontario.
3. JOSEPH JAMES2 CARRUTHERS (JAMES1) was born December 28, 1822 in Little Broughton, CUMBRIA, ENGLAND, and died August 14, 1899 in SALEM CEMETARY, Middlesex County, Ontario. He married SARAH ELLEN MAWSON, daughter of JOHN MAWSON and ELIZABETH BARKER.
Children of JOSEPH CARRUTHERS and SARAH MAWSON are:
6. i. MARY3 CARRUTHERS, b. March 14, 1848, Tallentire, Cumberland, ENGLAND; d. 1933, Stonewall, Manitoba.
7. ii. ELIZABETH CARRUTHERS, b. August 4, 1850, Little Broughton, ENGLAND; d. August 10, 1914, GRAND BEND CEMETARY.
iii. SARAH JANE CARRUTHERS, b. October 31, 1852, on a farm in Stephen Twp. Ontario; d. October 2, 1866, SALEM CEMETARY, Middlesex County, Ontario.
8. iv. MARGARET CARRUTHERS, b. November 14, 1854, on a farm in Stephen Twp. Ontario; d. 1933, Grand Bend, Ontario.
9. v. JOSEPH JOHN CARRUTHERS, b. January 7, 1857, On a farm in Stephen Twp. Ontario; d. June 13, 1931, GRAND BEND CEMETERY.
10. vi. HENRY CARRUTHERS, b. December 1, 1859, Lt.3, Con. 19, McGillvray Twp., Ontario; d. August 1, 1928, Stephen Twp, Huron County.
vii. BARBARA ANN CARRUTHERS, b. November 1, 1862, on a farm in Stephen Twp. Ontario; d. September 1, 1863, SALEM CEMETARY, Middlesex County, Ontario.
11. viii. MOSES ROBERT CARRUTHERS, b. July 23, 1864, on a farm in Stephen Twp. Ontario; d. April 5, 1925, Sarnia, Ont..
Generation No. 3
4. JOHN P.3 MAWSON (MARGARET2 CARRUTHERS, JAMES1) was born October 14, 1854 in McGILLIVRAY, and died July 3, 1913 in St. Mary's Anglican Cemetery, Brinsley. He married AGNES TORRANCE October 14, 1884 in 18th Concession of McGillivray Twp, Ontario, daughter of JOHN TORRANCE and JANE.
Children of JOHN MAWSON and AGNES TORRANCE are:
i. SARAH J.4 MAWSON, b. August 9, 1883.
ii. JOSEPH MAWSON, b. July 10, 1885.
iii. JOHN (JACK) MAWSON, b. January 2, 1887.
iv. THOMAS MAWSON, b. November 11, 1889.
v. ELSTA MAWSON, b. 1891; d. November 21, 1898, St. Mary's Anglican Cemetery, Brinsley.
vi. WILLIAM WILSON MAWSON, b. July 6, 1894, McGillivray Twp. Ontario; d. April 1971, New York, USA; m. MINNIE APPLETON.
vii. MARY AGNES MAWSON, b. March 6, 1896; m. JACK BEST.
viii. ROBERT DOUGLAS MAWSON, b. March 21, 1898; d. February 29, 1940; m. ELIZABETH MARY MALONEY.
ix. MARGARET EMMA MAWSON, b. March 15, 1900; m. CHARLES STEWART BOWES.
x. ELSIE MAY MAWSON, b. December 9, 1901; d. October 30, 1978; m. EDWARD BEST.
5. WILLIAM3 MAWSON (MARGARET2 CARRUTHERS, JAMES1) was born October 12, 1856 in McGILLIVRAY, and died July 7, 1909 in MARS HILL CEMETARY. He married EMMA JANE DURR November 29, 1883 in McGillivray, Ontario, daughter of JOHN DURR a
|CARRUTHERS FAMILY TREE
Updated September 6, 2000
Alvinston, Ontario N0N 1A0
Edit Your Page
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|