The Wilhelm Wellman Family Home PageUpdated September 5, 2000
Michael Allen Wellman
Anchorage, AK 99516
|Descendants of Wellman
Generation No. 1
1. WELLMAN1 was born in Lenna-Braunschwig, Germany. He married AMELIA BROESEKER, daughter of Broeseker and Christine Porres.
Children of Wellman and Amelia Broeseker are:
i. MINNA2 WELLMAN, m. BEYE.
ii. LENA WELLMAN, m. SCHAPER.
iii. AUGUSTA WELLMAN, m. KEILIAN.
iv. LOUISE WELLMAN.
2. v. ERNEST HEINRICH BROESEKER, b. February 20, 1860, Lenna-Braunschwig, Germany; d. March 13, 1945, Myers Dale, Somerset Co. Pa..
3. vi. WILHELM H. WELLMAN, b. August 03, 1869, Lenna-Brauschwig, Germany; d. January 17, 1924, Tiffin, Ohio.
Generation No. 2
2. ERNEST HEINRICH2 BROESEKER (WELLMAN1) was born February 20, 1860 in Lenna-Braunschwig, Germany, and died March 13, 1945 in Myers Dale, Somerset Co. Pa.. He married KATARINA KEIDEL September 11, 1886 in Lenna-Braunschwig, Germany.
Ernst was the first child of Mr. Wellman and Amelia Broeseker. I have been told different stories about Ernst, why he has Amelia's maiden name. One is that she was pregnant and had the baby out of wed lock and then Mr. Wellman married her. The other is that the baby was actually Mr. Wellman's son but since they had the baby before they were married, he assumed her maiden name. I don't know for sure if Ernst is a full brother to Wilhelm or a half brother.
Children of Ernest Broeseker and Katarina Keidel are:
i. CLARA AUGUSTA3 BROESEKER.
ii. HILDA KATHERINE BROESEKER.
iii. WILLIAM FREDERICK BROESEKER.
iv. EDWARD ROBERT BROESEKER, b. January 21, 1888; d. February 1964, Berlin, Pennsylvania.
v. EMMA ELIZABETH BROESEKER, b. January 11, 1890; d. May 1970, Berlin, Pennsylvania.
vi. GUSTAV ADOLPHUS BROESEKER, b. May 18, 1896.
vii. KARL LUDWIG BROESEKER, b. June 02, 1897; d. October 1973, Berlin, Pennsylvania.
viii. ERNEST AUGUST BROESEKER, b. September 21, 1901; d. May 1978, Berlin, Pennsylvania.
3. WILHELM H.2 WELLMAN (1) was born August 03, 1869 in Lenna-Brauschwig, Germany, and died January 17, 1924 in Tiffin, Ohio. He married SARAH ANNA MARIE RITZ February 28, 1898, daughter of John Ritz and Theresa Mills.
Children of Wilhelm Wellman and Sarah Ritz are:
i. AUGUSTA WILHEMINA CECILIA3 WELLMAN, b. June 13, 1899, Tiffin, Ohio; d. November 30, 1914, Tiffin, Ohio.
4. ii. ANNA MARIE WELLMAN, b. May 11, 1901, Tiffin, Ohio; d. November 1961, Tiffin, Ohio.
iii. EMMA KATHERINE WELLMAN, b. March 08, 1903, Tiffin, Ohio; d. July 1978, Tiffin, Ohio; m. HENRY RAIRICK, January 24, 1947, Bakersfield, Kern Co. California.
5. iv. WILLIAM ERNST WELLMAN, b. December 24, 1904; d. February 25, 1991, Tiffin, Ohio.
6. v. CARL OTTO WELLMAN, b. December 03, 1906, Tiffin, Ohio; d. May 1977, Toledo, Ohio.
vi. ALBERT PAUL WELLMAN, b. August 14, 1908, Tiffin, Ohio; d. October 20, 1961, Tiffin, Ohio; m. JOSEPHINE, March 27, 1943, Tiffin, Ohio.
7. vii. MARIE LOUISE WELLMAN, b. April 11, 1910, Tiffin, Ohio; d. December 28, 1991, Tucson, Arizona.
8. viii. HENRY LOUIS WELLMAN, b. December 16, 1912, Tiffin, Ohio; d. May 02, 1984, Tiffin, Ohio.
9. ix. MATILDA HELENA WELLMAN, b. September 01, 1914, Tiffin, Ohio.
10. x. GERTRUDE OLPHA WELLMAN, b. February 29, 1916, Tiffin, Ohio; d. September 19, 1956, Tiffin, Ohio.
xi. BURT WELLMAN, b. April 1917, Tiffin, Ohio; d. January 17, 1918, Tiffin, Ohio.
11. xii. FRED WELLMAN, b. October 17, 1918, Tiffin, Ohio; d. June 25, 1994, Tuscon, Arizona.
xiii. MARGARET WELLMAN, b. December 1920, Tiffin, Ohio; d. March 05, 1921, Tiffin, Ohio.
Generation No. 3
4. ANNA MARIE3 WELLMAN (WILHELM H.2, 1) was born May 11, 1901 in Tiffin, Ohio, and died November 1961 in Tiffin, Ohio. She married JOSEPH WARREN BAIR September 25, 1920 in Tiffin, Ohio.
Children of Anna Wellman and Joseph Bair are:
i. CARL ALAN4 BAIR, b. March 06, 1922.
12. ii. ANN ELIZABETH (BETTY) BAIR, b. November 30, 1925, Tiffin, Ohio.
13. iii. MARGARET LUCILLE BAIR, b. 1924, Tiffin, Ohio; d. Tiffin, Ohio.
14. iv. JOHN JOSEPH BAIR, b. Augus
Edit Your Page
The content shown on this page has been submitted by a Genealogy.com customer, and is not subject to verification by Genealogy.com. Neither Genealogy.com nor its affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of any information contained on this page. The opinions expressed on this page are the author's alone and not the opinions of Genealogy.com.
|© 2009 Ancestry.com|