I am researching the following Surnames that relate to the WISE FAMILY TREE: Wise, Weaver, MacLean, Winegarner, Melick, Field, Milstead,Flinn, Calhoun, and Spoon.
The Wise, Weaver, Flinn, & Spoon families all came from PA to OH
The MacLean family is from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
The Winegarner and Melick families are from NJ & OH
The Field family came from Virginia to Ohio where they lived in Hopewell Twsp. Muskingum Co. OH
Washington, County PA is a center of my family history
Licking County and Muskingum Counties in Ohio are also places very key to the WISE, WINEGARNER, FIELD and MacLean families
A recent major find (February 12, 2001) was my Great Great Great Grandfather, Dudley Field b. bet. 1802 - 1811. His spouse was Eliza Milstead. Update: On March 7, 2001 I found the Martha Field Bible in Muskingum Co. OH and it contained the names of Dudley Field and Eliza Milstead making it very clear that my February 12, 2001 discovery was indeed correct.
An even more recent major find was when my mother Mary Jane (Flinn) Wise received a call from her niece Gwen (Flynn) Gongaware. Gwen said that my mohter's brother Harry Flynn was in the Cleveland Clinic with cancer and that he may not live long. Our families have not had more than a few incidents of contact over the years. Now it looks as though we will have a photo of my grandmother Grace (Cummins) Flinn and we will get to know our first cousins in PA.
- Linnville Community Church (44 KB)
Dudley & Eliza (Milstead) Field's graves are the first two behind this church on Old National Hwy. and Linnville Rd.
- Four Wise Children with family pet 1957 (194 KB)
From Left: John, Judy (Fisher), Jeff, & Jan (Mehl) - The Wise Children in Kettering, OH 1957
- John & Shannon's Wedding with Parents (120 KB)
B.C. Spoon, Jr., M. Yvonne (bates) Spoon, Shannon (Spoon) & John Wise, Mary Jane (Flinn) & Harry R. Wise at Wedding, Fairmont Presbyterian Church, Kettering, OH. 1970
- Grave Site of Andrew Wise & Mary (Weaver) Wise (313 KB)
This is the gravesite of Andrew Wise b. 1797 and Mary (Weaver) Wise b. 1800. Mary died first and was buried with an earlier headstone but it was replaced with this monument when Andrew died. The Cemetery is at Mt. Olive United Methodist Church just north of Mt. Sterling, Ohio between Muskingum and Licking Counties. This is approximately 3 miles north of I-70.
- Andrew Wise Grave Stone (Close Up) (556 KB)
This is a picture of the grave stone of Andrew Wise. It is located at Mt. Olive Cemetery near Mt. Sterling, Ohio
- WISE Homestead - Licking/Muskingum Co. Ohio (322 KB)
This photo of the Wise Farm must have been taken in the early 1900s based on the automobile near the barn.
- The Grave Stone of Mary (Weaver) Wise - Close Up (626 KB)
This is a close up view of the Grave Stone of Mary (Weaver) Wise d. 1865. This stone was prepared when Andrew Wise died in 1884. It is located at Mt. Olive Cememtery north of Mt. Sterling, Ohio.
- (Old) Poverty Run School House - Muskingum Co. OH (1148 KB)
John Wise and Frank Wise are standing in front of the School house near the Wise Homestead where Frank was a School Teacher and all of his children attended. Other students were... Bonnifield, Drumm, Fink, Families
- Grave Stone - Mary (Weaver) Wise 1800 - 1865 (511 KB)
This is the original Grave Stone for Mary (Weaver) Wise b. 1800 PA, d. 1865 OH. This stone was replaced in 1884 when Andrew Wise died. This stone was laying against a fense at the edge of the Mt. Olive Cemetery near Mt. Sterling, Ohio. The new Grave Stone for Andrew and Mary is also in that Cemetery.
- John W. Wise & Martha F. (Field) Wise (335 KB)
A very large copy of this portrate hung in the Wise Homestead in Muskingum County Ohio. This is John Wise b. 1840 & his spouse Marthat F. (Field) Wise. We now have five letters sent by Martha to John in the 1864/65 time frame when they were courting.
- Terry Feddersen and her mom Jean Feddersen (148 KB)
This picture taken in 2001 shows Terry and her mom Jean (Wise) Feddersen in front of the dresser of Martha Field - Terry's Great Grandmother and Jean's Grandmother. Martha was b. in 1842
- Wingarner or Wise House in Muskingum/Licking Co OH (240 KB)
This is a picture of members of the WISE or WINEGARNER Clan or both. The house is in Muskingum or Licking Counties in Ohio. It may be in Hopewell Tsp. My guess is it is the WISE family
- Pre-Civil War Field Family Dresser (17 KB)
This victorian dresser made the trip from VA to OH via covered wagon. It belonged to Martha (Field) Wise and was last used in one of the Bed Rooms at Zanesville, OH home of Don, Ria, & Ruby Wise.
- Frank Wise and Tealoula (Smith) Wise (285 KB)
This is Frank & Tealoula (Smith) Wise, Uncle & Aunt to H. Wilfred Wise
- Greene County Children's Home - Xenia, Ohio (292 KB)
Mary Jane (Flinn) Wise lived in the Greene County Children's Home from July 1934 through February 1938 at which time she moved to live with the Don and Beulah Bolender who petitioned for her adoption on October 27, 1938. Mary Jane was actually Mary Sanders as she resided at the Children's Home as her then parents by adoption were Dowl and Anna Sanders.
- The Wise Homestead - Early Picture with Family (240 KB)
Wise Farm, Hopewell, Muskingum Co., OH. Frank Wise (Boy), Minnie Wise, John Wise (seated), Lenington Wise, & (Unknown).
- John & Martha Wise m. 1866 - Auction Photo (77 KB)
I was fortunate enough to find and purchase this large framed photo of my Great Great Grandparents at auction after a dealer had purchased it the night before I arrived. It may have been a 25th Anniversary Photo. He would be 51 and she would be 49 if that is when it was taken.
- Mary Jane relaxing by the Ocean in Miami Beach, Fl (108 KB)
Here is a picture of Mary Jane (Flinn) Wise sitting near the Atlantic Ocean in Miami Beach, Florida. Believe it or not she is eight months pregnant with Judy M. Wise b. July 23, 1944
- Harry Wise studying Income Tax Guide 1942 (391 KB)
It was Christmas of 1942 a full five months prior to the planned Wedding of Harry R. Wise and Mary Jane Bolander (adopted surname). Harry was already feeling the need to make the most out of his earnings. If only he knew he and Mary Jane would have four children over the next 10 years.
- Emilie L Fisher - 2001 Rugby, Princeton University (69 KB)
Here is a photo that shows Emilie L. Fisher in uniform during during a Rugby game at Princeton. Emilie is the one on the left facing us.
- Gregory, Grandpa Wise, & Douglas Mehl (45 KB)
This is Gregory Mehl, Grandfather Harry R. Wise and Douglas Mehl.
- Mary (Weaver) Wise (99 KB)
This is a picture of Mary (Weaver) Wise b. 1800/1 in PA
- Andrew Wise (88 KB)
This is a picture of Andrew Wise b. 1797 in PA
- Douglas Mehl with his wheels (328 KB)
Here is Douglas Mehl with his bike in sunny Florida.
- Shannon & John Wise 'Trekking' in Alaska 2001 (224 KB)
This is our picture on top of the Mendenhall Glacier, near Juneau, Alaska in June 2001.
- Andrew Wise Farm in Hopewell Twsp., Muskingum Co. (174 KB)
This map shows Andrew's property and the adjoining farms where many of the children found their spouse.
- Special Delivery: Gwen Virginia Mayo, 8-6-2001 (215 KB)
Gwen Virginia Mayo b. August 6, 2001 at 12:49am to Sean & Sarah Mayo. Baby was 8 lbs 6 1/2 oz. and 20 1/2 "
- WISE House, West Bethlehem Twsp. Washington Co. PA (337 KB)
This is the old WISE house located in Washington Co. PA. The WISE Cemetery is located just behind the house in a clump of trees.
- Frederick Wise Grave Site in Wise Cemetery (446 KB)
The WISE Cemetery is located on the old family property in West Bethlehem Twsp., Washington Co. PA.
- John W. Wise b. 1840 (1037 KB)
This picture was found on the MyFamily.com DRUMM web site. It is my GGgrandfather b. in Muskingum, County, OH. He m. Martha Field in 1866
- Eric and Lauren Wise (74 KB)
This is the year 2000 Christmas card from the Jeff Wise family with a picture of Eric and Lauren with their puppy.
- Maria Andrews MacLean & Harry Wilfred Wise (89 KB)
This photo shows a very 'young' Maria MacLean & Wilfred Wise perhaps prior to their marriage in 1920.
- Lenington Dudley Wise (286 KB)
Lenington Dudley Wise b. 1869
- John Wise & Martha Field (285 KB)
We believe this to be John Wise b. 1840 and his spouce Martha Field b. 1842
- Wise Family (79 KB)
H.W.Wise & Maria (MacLean)50th
- Young Winegarner Children (416 KB)
This may be Ella Winegarner and siblings
- Megan Keller holding her new baby sister Kathryn (77 KB)
Kathryn Elizabeth Keller was born October 27, 2000 at 6:08 a.m. weighing in at 7 pounds 6.9 ounces and measuring 20 inches. Megan and Kathryn are the daughters of Robert and Amy Keller
- Ella (Winegarner) Wise (121 KB)
This is Ella Winegarner as a child with brothers
- Amy, Heather, Shawn, & Sarah (30 KB)
A photo of the Fisher sisters (Heather on Left & Amy on the Right) and the Wise sisters (Shawn at Top & Sarah on Bottom).
- John Angus MacLean (162 KB)
John Angus MacLean coming through a soggy back yard with a pail of water
- Eric Wise with Douglas and Gregory Mehl (37 KB)
Dressed for a wedding Eric Wise stands with Douglas and Gregory Mehl. This was taken at the Amy and Bob Keller Wedding.
- John Angus MacLean & Anna (Wheeler) MacLean (245 KB)
John A. MacLean and the mother of Maria (MacLean) Wise
- Douglas Mehl with Sarah Wise (59 KB)
This is Douglas Mehl with cousin Sarah Wise (now Mrs. Sarah Mayo)
- L. D. Wise Family (782 KB)
Top Left: Ella (Lydia E. Winegarner) Wise, H.W. Wise, Maria (MacLean) Wise, L. D. Wise Bottom Left: H. R. Wise, Mary (Ewers) Winegarner, K. Elaine (Cassidy) Wise
- Harry Raymond Wise & Kathryn Elaine Wise (68 KB)
Brother & Sister Harry and Elaine enjoy their youth in Zanesville, Ohio in 1924. Harry was 3 and Elaine was 1.
- Maria (MacLean) Wise (268 KB)
This is my Grandmother Maria (MacLean) Wise as a young woman in Zanesville, OH
- Elaine (Wise) Cassidy with brother Harry Wise (34 KB)
Elaine (Wise) Cassidy and her 'older' brother Harry R. Wise smile for the camera.
- Wilfred, Maria, Harry, & Elaine (236 KB)
This picture looks to have been taken in the late 1930s in Zanesville, Ohio. Top Row: Maria (MacLean) Wise with son Harry Raymond Wise. Bottom Row: K. Elaine Wise with father H. Wilfred Wise
- Jane and John Cassidy (14 KB)
This picture of Jane and John Cassidy (brother and sister) was taken at the WISE family reunion in PA in the summer of 2000.
- Grace (Cummins) Flinn, b. abt. 1905, d. 1960 (26 KB)
Grace (Cummins) Flinn of Washington, PA was my Grandmother, having given birth to my mother, Mary Jane (Flinn) Wise in May of 1922. Grace gave both her daughter and her son (Harry Flinn) up for adoption around 1926.
- Emilie Fisher and Aunt Jan (Wise) Mehl (37 KB)
This photo of Emilie Fisher and Jan (Wise) Mehl was taken in the summer of 2000 at the Wise family reunion in PA.
- Judy, Jan, and John - The Three Wise Kids (18 KB)
Here are Judy (Wise) Fisher, Jan (Wise) Mehl and John Wise living in New York - Where is Jeff?
- Jeff Wise and Jan (Wise) Mehl (28 KB)
This picture was taken in the summer of 2000 at the Wise family reunion in PA. Jeff Wise and Jan (Wise) Mehl.
- Barrett Mayo & Cassidy Fry, Americans (376 KB)
Here is Barrett Mayo and Cassidy Fry in pictures taken in November of 2001
- Sarah, Sean, Gwen, & Barrett, Christmas 2001 (310 KB)
Here is a family photo of the Mayo family, Sarah, Sean, Gwen, & Barrett taken in 2001
- Jayne Cassidy in Italy 2001 (604 KB)
Here is Jayne on top of the world in the summer of 2001 on her travels to Italy.
- Gwen Mayo on Easter Sunday, 2002 (63 KB)
Here is Gwen Mayo b. August 6, 2001 playing with a new toy from Easter Sunday, 2002.
- Shannon Spoon & John Wise late '60s (223 KB)
Shannon Spoon & John Wise in John's parent's driveway in Kettering, OH around 1969
- M. Yvonne (Bates) Spoon, Shannon, & Byron C. Spoon (160 KB)
This is Shannon (Wise) Spoon with her parents in Washington Tsp. OH. on Graduation Day 1967
- Ryan, Shawn (Wise) Fry, & Cassidy (72 KB)
The new Fry family with Ryan, Shawn (Wise)Fry, and Cassidy. This is Cassidy's second Christmas (1999)
- Shawn (Wise) Fry Special Delivery August 5, 1998 (284 KB)
Shawn (Wise) Fry, Ryan, Shannon Wise, Sarah (Wise) Mayo, & Miami Valley Hospital Staff just prior to the birth of Cassidy Marie Fry 8/5/1998
- Sarah (Wise) Mayo Special Delivery April 24, 1998 (275 KB)
Sarah (Wise) Mayo, husband Sean Mayo & Littleton CO. Hospital Staff just prior to the birth of Barrett Porter Mayo, April 24, 1998
- Washington County Childrens Home - Washington PA (55 KB)
This is the Washington County Childrens Home of Washington PA. Mary Jane Flinn lived here until 1929.
- Daddy Byge with Grandaughters Shawn & Sarah (86 KB)
GEORGIAN BAY Island with B.C.Spoon, Shawn (Wise)Fry, and Sarah (Wise) Mayo
- Uncle George and Aunt Elaine Cassidy (25 KB)
Here is a beautiful picture of George and Elaine (Wise) Cassidy - I don't think its their backyard.
- Shawn (Wise)Fry giving 'Mouse' a Jet Ski ride (248 KB)
Shawn (Wise) Fry and her Grandmother M. Yvonne (Bates) Spoon a Yamaha Wave Runner ride in Canada
- Lydia Eleanor Winegarner - 'Ella' (10 KB)
This is 'Ella' Winegarner before she became Mrs. Lenington D. Wise.
- Early Island Vacation for Shannon (100 KB)
Spoonland Island Georgian Bay Ontario, Canada approx. 1953 showing Shannon (Spoon) Wise, w/ Parents M. Yvonne (Bates) Spoon & Byron C. Spoon Jr.
- Barrett Mayo and cousin Cassidy Fry - Jan 14, 2001 (177 KB)
Here are Barrett and Cassidy on Cassidy's father's birthday.
- MacLean Family Reunion Great Bear Lodge 2003 (991 KB)
First "Official" MacLean Family Reunion was held at Great Bear Lodge in the summer of 2003. Families: Cassidy, Fisher, Fry, Keller, Mayo, Mehl, Myers, Thompson, & Wise
- The Fry Family - Shawn, Ryan, & Cassidy - 2000 (363 KB)
This is the Fry Family of Oakwood (Dayton, OH) -Shawn (Wise) Fry her husband Ryan and daughter Cassidy.
- John A. MacLean Gravesite (2235 KB)
This is the site of the graves of John Angus MacLean, Anna (Wheeler) MacLean, Nellie (McCoy) MacLean, and Hector MacLean
- John D. Wise & Shannon L. Spoon Wedding 1/10/1970 (187 KB)
This is John and Shannon's Wedding at Fairmont Prebyterian Church on Far Hills Ave. in Kettering, OH - January 10, 1970
- Special Delivery - May 24, 2004 Carrigan E. Fry (309 KB)
Carrigan Elizabeth Fry was born at Kettering Memorial Hospital on May 24, 2004. Ryan and Shawn (Wise) Fry were blessed with their second daughter.
- Shawn (Wise) Fry and two sleeping daughters (317 KB)
Shawn (Wise) Fry with daughters Cassidy and Carrigan in May 2004 at Kettering Memorial Hospital
- John Wise on front steps of Searle St. House (339 KB)
This is a 2003 photo of John Wise sitting on the steps of the Zanesville, OH house that he lived at in 1947 - 1950
- Linnville Inn / Field's Motel (61 KB)
Dudley & Eliza were the proprietors of the Linnville Inn in the mid to late 1800s.
- Grave site of Dudley Field (61 KB)
Dudley's grave is in Linnville Cemetery, located at the intersection of National Hwy and Linnville Rd. just West of Linnville, OH
- Eliza Milstead Field's Grave (62 KB)
Eliza is burried next to her husband, Dudley Field in Linnville Cemetery.